What does your username mean?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:28:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What does your username mean?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What does your username mean?  (Read 16825 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2005, 01:17:09 PM »

Banana Republic: A pejorative term for a country with a corrupt government and a commodity-driven economy.

Are we related?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2005, 01:34:12 PM »

Haywood Jablomi is a cool name too. Is there a story behind that name as well?

Haywood Jablomi = Hey would ya blow me.

Honestly
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2005, 01:42:54 PM »

Angus McCloud is the pseudonym under which I generally order pizzas, chinese food, or use when I have to wait for a table at a restaurant. The real Angus McCloud was a colleague of mine with whom I'd often discussed politics. He was a plutocrat. And a fun guy to hang around. This was back when I was pretty hard leftist, Massachusetts Revolutionary Worker's Party member and reader of all sorts of leftist rags. We'd discuss issues over single-malt scotch back in the day. Angus died a mysterious death in his home a few years ago. When I became a republican I decided to honor him by taking his name. For ordering food, it replaced my former pseudonym, Haywood Jablomi, and later I began using it for posting on political websites.

If that's true, it's pretty moving. Otherwise you're good at spinning a yarn and i'm really gullible.

My name comes from my first name and *censored*

that one's true.  yes.  in fact, I gave a less condensed version of the story of Angus (the real angus always is capitalized, my pseudonym is never.  I'll expect you to remember that).  About a year and several months back.  Anyway, yes, my name honors a fallen rightist.  but also it's probably fair to say I'm fairly good at spinning.  and you're probably really gullible.  but this one's for real.  Smiley

Also, Haywood Jablomi was one of the few names that Bart never called up Moe's Tavern with, so it still has a ring of novelty in many quarters.  I always want to see the Pizza Guy's face the minute he hangs up the phone and starts to giggle, since he's probably the sensitive sort who doesn't want to laugh in my face for having such a schmukky name, and has to bit his lip while he's on the phone with me.  Sometimes you can even perceive their muffled laughter.  It's very amusing.  Yeah, I'm shallow like that.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2005, 06:00:05 PM »

The jeep! Wink
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2005, 09:14:20 PM »

I'm really a skinny Black guy that likes to paint and says "dyno-mite" a lot. :-P
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2005, 05:43:25 AM »

My name is taken from the name of a fictional character.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2005, 01:27:29 PM »

My name is taken from the name of a fictional character.

Lord Emsworth?!  Of Blandings Castle?  I'm a huge P.G. Wodehouse fan.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2005, 01:32:32 PM »

I'm really a skinny Black guy that likes to paint and says "dyno-mite" a lot. :-P

If that were true your avatar would be yellow!

I know..JJ has become quite the libertarian ideologue these past years. I think he's planning to run for pres in 08
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2005, 01:33:42 PM »

It obviously isn't, but I don't think I've ever been able to convince Flyers of that.  :-)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2005, 01:40:17 PM »

I know..JJ has become quite the libertarian ideologue these past years. I think he's planning to run for pres in 08

I'm not really to sure how you can claim someone supports individual rights, a relatively free market, a strong national security, and favors a defense of marriage amendment in some form isn't really a conservative. 
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2005, 01:47:13 PM »

I'm not really to sure how you can claim someone supports individual rights, a relatively free market, a strong national security, and favors a defense of marriage amendment in some form isn't really a conservative. 

I was talking about the "Good Times" JJ, actually Smiley
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2005, 07:53:24 PM »

Hitchabrut is an Israeli political party that broke from Mafdal because most Mafdal members wanted to stay in the coalition with Ariel Sharon and the secularist Shinui party and the members who founded Hitchabrut refuse to work with the traitor who promised not to let go of our land when he was elected.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2005, 03:53:35 AM »

My name (noble birth) refeers to Anglo Saxon King who wrote (or let write) the first laws in England. Besides it sounds nice with two th's

Oh wow, I always though your name was Elbereth, from Lord of the Rings.  Guess I need to read more closely.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies