Are white evangelcials less moral (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:42:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are white evangelcials less moral (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are white evangelicals  less moral than the average person?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Are white evangelcials less moral  (Read 1616 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 22, 2022, 08:28:06 PM »

I can't seem to recall where I read this, but there was an essay by Haidt or some other social psychologist a while back that I thought made a pretty compelling case for moral self-licensing being an especial problem in the Evangelical community. This isn't the same thing as Evangelicals "being less moral", of course, but it's something to consider.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 12:43:54 AM »

Also he has no clear cut definition of a "Christian Nationalist", he says something about "follow the Great Commission, not the Great Commandment", which is an utterly LAUGHABLE false dichotomy and also would include liberal Christians as well. If a church has any type of outreach programs, and accepts and baptizes new members, then it's a Christian Nationalist one per this definition.

I noticed this as well. I'm not sure why I didn't remark on it back before the thread was bumped. It's utterly absurd. I have it on good (albeit anecdotal) authority that there is a serious problem with the segment of NCOs and junior commissioned officers who are conservative Evangelicals being very conservative Evangelicals indeed (particularly in the Air Force and the Marine Corps, even though those branches aren't especially similar sociopolitically otherwise), but if this is representative of their messaging then I'm not convinced of their ability to get the danger here across to the general public--a common problem among people who are trying to get the country to take January 6 and the subcultures that incubated it seriously.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies