Did The Trump Campaign Realize/Suspect They Were Going to Lose On The Morning Of The Election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:51:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Did The Trump Campaign Realize/Suspect They Were Going to Lose On The Morning Of The Election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: you know the drill. Drill Baby?....
(Not Trump, just his campaign staff)
Yes, his campaign staff suspected he would lose

No, his campaign staff did not suspect that he would lose

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Did The Trump Campaign Realize/Suspect They Were Going to Lose On The Morning Of The Election?  (Read 6420 times)
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« on: December 07, 2022, 05:48:19 PM »

I think the more seasoned political operators in the campaign knew they were going to lose, while the wacky yes men and women that were in the inner circle of the campaign thought they were going to win and win bigger than they did in 2016.

I think this is the right answer. What's harder to gauge is the proportion of seasoned operators to "wacky yes men". What seems to have happened is that seasoned Republican operators either said "screw it, I'm out", or got kicked out. We saw this mainly at the highest level, but I'm sure it happened downstream too. So it's likely that by the 2020 election, Trump's staff was increasingly made up of yes-men. By now, that's almost entirely what it seems to be from everything we can see publicly, and frankly I don't see how any serious operative can still stick with Trump for 2024.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies