Opinion of Eric Adams
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:28:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Eric Adams
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: NYC mayoral candidate and incumbent Brooklyn Borough President
FF (D)

FF (R)

FF (I/O)

HP (D)

HP (R)

HP (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Opinion of Eric Adams  (Read 1185 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2021, 10:54:53 AM »

Recently I've been developing mixed sentiments about the man. I hope that in the event he is elected, he can clean up the NYPD, but maybe that's hoping for too much.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 10:56:04 AM »

I always have a begrudging approval for politicians who speak in third person.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 10:56:23 AM »

A quick skim of his wikipedia page is really all you need to see that he is an HP. I used to like him, without being informed much about him, it was really surprising to me how quickly I turned against him, and how sharply.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 11:01:59 AM »

Awful anti-Semite. If I were a New Yorker, I’d be ranking him dead last on my RCV ballot.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 11:04:45 AM »

A quick skim of his wikipedia page is really all you need to see that he is an HP. I used to like him, without being informed much about him, it was really surprising to me how quickly I turned against him, and how sharply.
Ironically, I disliked him a lot before I saw his Wikipedia page. I like what he's done as Borough President, if you take it as a whole. I also approve of his activism generally.
He's said some contemptable things and some things I merely disagree with but a man should not be judged solely by his words, however subpar they may be.
If I had to judge him by his activism alone, I would have to vote FF. But other things come into the equation. Not sure what I think about him in aggregate.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 11:45:07 AM »

FF. Would rather Yang, but Adams isn't bad.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 01:15:27 PM »

FF. He is a Black man who joined the police force to change the system, even though they beat him up when he was young.

You need people like him to fix the NYPD----FF....we will see if he will win, we'll see...
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 01:36:43 PM »

FF. He is a Black man who joined the police force to change the system, even though they beat him up when he was young.

You need people like him to fix the NYPD----FF....we will see if he will win, we'll see...
If Yang wins, Yang needs to make Adams his point man on NYPD issues. Adams really is the most qualified man for the job.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 02:59:26 PM »

If Yang wins, Yang needs to make Adams his point man on NYPD issues. Adams really is the most qualified man for the job.

I’ll defer to our New York natives on this one, but is the NYPD really in need of “fixing” that much, at least in comparison to other police forces? Don’t they have the lowest rate of shootings/deadly force of any big city police department?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 03:12:25 PM »

I’ll defer to our New York natives on this one, but is the NYPD really in need of “fixing” that much, at least in comparison to other police forces? Don’t they have the lowest rate of shootings/deadly force of any big city police department?
I'm not too well-read on the NYPD specifically, but I get the impression it's relatively decent compared to some other ones *cough* MPD *cough*. Regardless of the extent of the problems that exist in New York City policing, Adams has a lot of credibility on this issue and so this is a place he'd probably do quite well in.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 03:15:40 PM »

Yes, I used to live in NYC, I live in NJ now, yes....there needs to be fixes. The Giuliani and Bloomberg years have left a lot of tensions, even the de Blasio years as well.....
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 06:37:43 PM »

Awful anti-Semite. If I were a New Yorker, I’d be ranking him dead last on my RCV ballot.

Maybe he's an anti-Semite, maybe he isn't but it seems that the Orthodox like him a lot these days. Unfortunately, Blacks and Jews in NYC have tended to have a strained relationship over the years so a past checkered with some nasty comments is what you'd expect.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 02:37:48 PM »

imo if he achieves national recognition as NYC mayor, he's gonna be the Democrat Trump in 4-8 years

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=452569.0
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 02:39:06 PM »

Deranged.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 02:42:51 PM »

Willingly joined the NYPD = massive HP
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 03:03:05 PM »

The takes that I hear about "he'll be an awful mayor, but at least he supplies Good Content™ through his ridiculous and often bigoted ramblings" remind me a lot of what people were saying about Trump early on in the 2016 primary season, and are similarly worrying. I hope that the City Council can rein in his less savory tendencies.

Willingly joined the NYPD = massive HP

Also, this.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »

He's got the big personality of Trump and the ability to make use of the political machine. Sort of sounds like he hearkens to an old-school concept of a corrupt eastern mayor.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 06:20:13 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2021, 07:46:15 PM by PSOL »

Somehow not that far In being worse than his Republican opponent.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 06:23:20 PM »

An absolute clown who flings around specious allegations of racism like candy, promoted conspiracy theories about the election and hinted he may not accept the results if he lost, very reminiscent of Trump.  Also did a lot of clown s--t like trying to pretend his son's house was his own, or claiming his favorite concert of all time was a concert that didn't actually happen.

I'm happy that he won by running against defunding the police.  The fact that he dominated with black voters with a message of not defunding the police will, I'm sure, be completely ignored by media outlets because it goes against the prevailing narrative.

Other than that though his policy positions seem completely random.  And apparently he is corrupt, although I haven't delved into that.

He might end up being a decent mayor but he's not a good person.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2021, 06:40:26 PM »

Racist dickhead.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2021, 07:04:26 PM »

Genuinely evil, and the most cynical politician I've seen in the past decade.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2021, 07:40:44 PM »

Pretty awful, and it underscores how much of a lousy election this was that I could conceivably see him being like my third preference.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2021, 07:59:20 PM »

HP based off of his actions and statements so far, but an interesting figure nonetheless. Adams strikes me as one of the most genuinely blackpilled political figures in America. Just utterly cynical about the realities of power politics and adjusts his messaging accordingly.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2021, 12:51:56 AM »

Mixed.

Keeping the jury out until I see what he actually does...or fails to do.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2021, 06:51:12 AM »

it's pretty funny, to me at least, that one of the most Democratic cities in the country, in the era of BLM and "defund the police", have an ex-cop (and ex Republican) and the leader of the Guardian Angles as mayoral options.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies