PA- Green tossed from November ballot. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:26:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA- Green tossed from November ballot. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA- Green tossed from November ballot.  (Read 4350 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« on: September 25, 2006, 12:40:18 PM »

Not that it really matters, Casey was in position to landslide with or with out the GreenOP candidate on the ballot. 80% of Romanelli's "supporters" were Republicans anyway. Don't expect a significant difference.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 12:57:30 PM »

Casey was in position to landslide with or with out the GreenOP candidate on the ballot.

Keep saying that.

It sucks that Romanelli won't be there but Santorum can still win and the Dems will be without another excuse as to why it he "lucked" out.

You don't honestly believe that Santorum is still going to win do you?
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 01:03:43 PM »

Casey was in position to landslide with or with out the GreenOP candidate on the ballot.

Keep saying that.

It sucks that Romanelli won't be there but Santorum can still win and the Dems will be without another excuse as to why it he "lucked" out.

You don't honestly believe that Santorum is still going to win do you?

Yes, I do but even if he doesn't win, he wouldn't lose in a landslide.

Phil, I know it sucks when your candidate is poised to lose regardless...hell, read my signature. However, denial is unhealthy. I would suggest planning for 2010.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 01:20:25 PM »

Phil, I know it sucks when your candidate is poised to lose regardless...hell, read my signature. However, denial is unhealthy. I would suggest planning for 2010.

So what do you plan to do on November 8th if Santorum has won? Tell me how stupid you'll feel.

I'll admit that I was wrong and heavily influenced by the polls. However, how will you feel on November 8th if Santorum loses...how do you defend that prediction this late into the election when nearly EVERY poll show a landslide in the making? I respect your opinion, but that's going to be hard...whether you feel stupid or not...it's going to look stupid.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 06:33:07 PM »

A ten point win is not a landslide and while it may look stupid it is not. The reason why is because I am basing this on more than polls. Any idiot can just look at a poll and tell us how it is going to be. I have taken more into consideration here. When people write off Santorum, he wins.

If it was one poll, that would be one thing. However, EVERY single poll released by EVERY single poller has shown a comfortable Casey lead. A 10 point loss would be a god send to Santorum. I think it could really get a lot worse...especially if some of the GOP base stays home out of disappointment.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And that's why I respect you Phil. At least you are delusional with class. Wink
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »

Greens = nuisances. They can be wretchedly so, in a close race

Dave

No, Green = Getting Republicans Elected Every November.

Amazing how we don't hear that much about the Constitution party from the GOP. After all, Joe Hoeffel's own volunteers went around getting signatures for Clymer in the 2004 Senate race. I didn't hear too many on the GOP side whining.

Oregon Republicans tried to get the CPs candidate thrown off the ballot. sound at all familiar?
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »

Greens = nuisances. They can be wretchedly so, in a close race

Dave

No, Green = Getting Republicans Elected Every November.

Amazing how we don't hear that much about the Constitution party from the GOP. After all, Joe Hoeffel's own volunteers went around getting signatures for Clymer in the 2004 Senate race. I didn't hear too many on the GOP side whining.

Oregon Republicans tried to get the CPs candidate thrown off the ballot. sound at all familiar?

No, it is not all that familiar. I have heard of it but it is not nearly as big of a deal as what the Dems complain about and as far as I am concerned, I am talking about complaints from PA, not OR. The PA GOP didn't throw a fuss like the Dems did.

So basically...it's only a big deal when it reflects postively on your opinion and candidate's agenda? The OR GOP tried to get the CPs Gubernatorial candidate thrown off the ballot for the exact same reason that the PA Democratic Party tried getting Romanelli thrown off, I condemn both actions as dirty politics...but for the GOP to whine about the Democrats complaints and then do the same thing on the other end of the country really reveals something about the integrity of their politics.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »

So basically...it's only a big deal when it reflects postively on your opinion and candidate's agenda? The OR GOP tried to get the CPs Gubernatorial candidate thrown off the ballot for the exact same reason that the PA Democratic Party tried getting Romanelli thrown off, I condemn both actions as dirty politics...but for the GOP to whine about the Democrats complaints and then do the same thing on the other end of the country really reveals something about the integrity of their politics.

No, you have a point about the OR GOP. I just don't care about what happens there. I didn't cheer on the OR GOP's efforts. I am just saying in PA there was no outrage because of Clymer but plenty for Romanelli.

I really don't understand the outrage over the GreenOPs efforts in PA. If it was NJ or OH or another state in which the race was extremely close race I would understand why they were doing what they were, but to throw a fit over a third party candidate in such a lopsided race seems childish and whiny. Kind of like in a football game...the score is 45-0 and the winning coach decides to throw the challenge flag late in the 4th.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies