Canadian provincial leadership elections 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:20:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian provincial leadership elections 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian provincial leadership elections 2015  (Read 24693 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: February 28, 2015, 08:51:51 PM »
« edited: February 28, 2015, 08:53:35 PM by MaxQue »

Isn't Brown an hardcore social conservative? Are they trying to give yet another election to Liberals? Ontario PC seems to be a gift that keeps on giving.

Never mind. Confused with McNaughton.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 05:14:15 PM »

On February 28, PEI PCs have a new leader, Rob Lantz, former Charlottetown City Councillor (2006-2014). He beated James Aylward (MLA for Stafford-Kinlock since 2011) and Darlene Compton (defeated candidate in Belfast-Murray River in 2011).

Also, on February 23, the new Liberal leader Wade MacLauchlan sworn in as the new Premier.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 12:28:26 AM »

Well, personally, I wouldn't be member of NDP in Manitoba. Can't be a member of a party with "union vote" or representation of anything else than members.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:45:27 PM »

Yet, PC doesn't condemn his moves.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 03:45:56 PM »

Yeah, that struck me too. In his interview with Ivison he said his priorities would be energy, infrastructure, deregulation. Or "making Ontario the easiest place in North America to invest and create jobs."

Oh, "deregulation". Hudak offered that to people last time and they clearly said no.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »

The NDP is in first place in Toronto? Do Torontonians feel bad for nearly wiping out the party there?

They should! I lost my damned MPP, who is amazing btw, to a yes-man back-bencher... yes, I am still smarting Tongue
But it goes to show that the NDP is not yet as dead in the city as many in the media and Liberals would have us believe. The NDP has been pushing more of its traditional policies since the election though such as being firm again Privatization, linking the OLP to the TO school boards funding issues and school closures and pushing anti-fracking.

How about eliminating the Catholic School Board?

I wish they would, but sadly I think the party has not taken that position... I believe they had a "study" into it which showed not much in terms of savings but I have a hard time believing that. I think you would find the idea of a single school board popular among the membership more then it is being expressed

I'm pretty sure the Constitution doesn't allow it.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 06:12:28 PM »

The NDP is in first place in Toronto? Do Torontonians feel bad for nearly wiping out the party there?

They should! I lost my damned MPP, who is amazing btw, to a yes-man back-bencher... yes, I am still smarting Tongue
But it goes to show that the NDP is not yet as dead in the city as many in the media and Liberals would have us believe. The NDP has been pushing more of its traditional policies since the election though such as being firm again Privatization, linking the OLP to the TO school boards funding issues and school closures and pushing anti-fracking.

How about eliminating the Catholic School Board?

I wish they would, but sadly I think the party has not taken that position... I believe they had a "study" into it which showed not much in terms of savings but I have a hard time believing that. I think you would find the idea of a single school board popular among the membership more then it is being expressed

I'm pretty sure the Constitution doesn't allow it.

Newfoundland and Labrador had a provincial referendum that voted in favor of eliminating them.

Quebec had that reform too, both in both cases, everyone was in agreement with the reform, due to their specific situations. I don't think Catholics would agree in Ontario.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies