Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:40:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 79257 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: March 31, 2013, 04:10:16 PM »

The weather does suck here most of the time, but my gym is fully air-conditioned of course. And I can park right in front. I've been going consistently for three months now. Down 8 lbs. And stronger too. There is hope for some of us stuck in affordable places. Please don't judge us all by Bushie. He's a very special guy anywhere.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 10:51:57 PM »

Do you frequently have dessert with a meal? One dessert is superfluous.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:08:13 PM »

Your ideal weight is not 200 lbs. You've stated previosuly that you're about 5'8".   But there's no need to set some distant goal. Focus on doing the right thing now. Do you not have fat clinics in OK? A coworker here goes to one and has lost quite a bit of weight on some sort of stimulant.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »

How could he "pay down" his credit cards if he's not working? Does Bushie have a sugar daddy?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:54:56 PM »

Every few days, Bushie has another marathon tv event. I'm a pretty lazy guy, but I can't see staring at the tv for hour after hour. The tv gets boring pretty quickly. I still say he needs some drugs to get him moving around a little bit. Obesity is a disease of the brain, first and foremost.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2013, 12:07:16 AM by memphis »

I still say he needs some drugs to get him moving around a little bit.

What the heck do you mean - some form of speed?  I hear people that use those types of drugs are quite thin.
Absolutely. Bushie can't will his way out of obesity any more than a schizo can will himself back to reality. We're dealing with brain chemistry here. You can get mucuna pruriens 100% legally on amazon.com. It's not quite as good as adderall but same idea. Increases dopamine. Gives you motivation and focus. Makes you not eat as much. Not for those with heart conditions or prone to mania though. Mandatory legal disclaimer: consult your physician first, yada yada yada.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 03:45:03 PM »

Why would one take prescription naproxen when it's sold OTC extremely cheaply? Just as with the tylenol, take an extra pill or two to get the dose you want. Not complicated.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »

In the counterfactual hypothetical world where he would follow through an exercise routine, I would strongly encourage him to discuss it with a doctor first. Don't want to give him a heart attack from the exertion. Bushie, prove me wrong. Please. It's not often I'm willing to admit I was wrong about anything. This could be a slam dunk case.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 09:25:34 AM »

How does one go to church for an entire day? A service lasts an hour or two. Maybe lunch and chitchat with the people there for another hour or so.  That's not an entire day.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »

Why is Bushie a Republican now?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »

Nobody is here forever. I wouldn't dwell too much on a statistical average. I would urge you to make the most of your time and to try to live a healthier life.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 11:03:55 PM »

Bushie doesn't really believe in any of the principles of Christianity. He just exploits verses to preserve his idea of himself, his vanity.
Just like everybody else.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »

I'm still not clear on what Bushie plans to do in Africa. As far as I can tell he doesn't have particular skill that will be helpful to the Africans. I like the idea of helping people, but I don't see how him flying all the way around the world does anything. Also, he's going in the summer? That should be hilarious without a/c.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 01:09:52 PM »

I will be going down there to just minister to the children and the orphans and love on them.
Can you elaborate on the above without being too graphic?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 01:33:37 PM »

He's going all the way to Africa to hug children? Seriously? Not trying to be difficult here. It's just not processing for me. And I think he's sincere in his desire to help. I just don't see how he's helping anybody.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »

Tonight's broadcast of NPR's [Fresh Air is about Evangelicals who adopt African orphans, some of whom are not really orphans. I'll be listening!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »

Will Bushie kill a child like Abraham was ready to do if he hears God's directive?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »

You didn't answer the question.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »

To be honest, the answer is no, because God would never tell me to intentionally kill someone and violate his commands.  The only reason He told Abraham to kill Isaac is for testing.  God had no intention of killing Isaac.  That is the only time in the entire Bible that He tested in that manner.
Seems to me there was an awful lot of smiting in the name of God in the Bible. As well as specific instructions as to the who when and how. I'm beginning to doubt you read the Bible as often as you say you do.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »

There is literally nothing holding you back but this silly idea that "now isn't the time" and I have never heard anyone say that before that truly was touched by God. I will maintain it is just another vacation for you like Utah. By your logic, God has dragged you around for years and years now with conflicting messages.

Indeed, that's the logic of it.  Bushie remains 100% certain of what God wants him to do in the future.  Then when the future comes, and Bushie does it, and it doesn't work out, then whoops, he must have misinterpreted God.

Not Bushie's fault. God tricks people.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »

I don't see the need for the radio. We have loud tornado sirens, and I don't really care all that much if some random child is missing.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »

I'm with Mr. Brown. I'd rather work a lot than spend day after agonizing day with my crazy family. Not a matter of exhaustion though. More about maintaining sanity.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 08:00:22 PM »

Whatever happened with your house?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »

Yeah, make yourself useful doing something. Ideally, bring some income. But if not at least clean up, make dinner, now the yard, whatever. Do something for your family. All that desire you have to be helpful? Here's your chance to practice.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »

Have you talked to your doctor about gastric bypass surgery? I know it's a pretty big deal, but so are all the health conditions you're describing. Struggling to walk can't be a lot of fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies