Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:47:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78400 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: April 17, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »

Well, folks, family time is here again.  I am about to head to my Grandmother's and will probably be there all the way until late this evening.  I'll be watching severe weather coverage all day long on my tablet and on our local NBC affiliate.  I'll be posting on the forum periodically throughout the day and on facebook.  I will see you all later.

All you're going to do today is watch severe weather coverage? Shucks, I hope you can still get your afternoon nap in!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #576 on: April 17, 2013, 10:22:38 AM »

Well, folks, family time is here again.  I am about to head to my Grandmother's and will probably be there all the way until late this evening.  I'll be watching severe weather coverage all day long on my tablet and on our local NBC affiliate.  I'll be posting on the forum periodically throughout the day and on facebook.  I will see you all later.

All you're going to do today is watch severe weather coverage? Shucks, I hope you can still get your afternoon nap in!

Sounds like one of his more interesting days, actually.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #577 on: April 17, 2013, 10:38:16 AM »

Bushie, you gonna respond to my post?  Or did you not even know that verse existed?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #578 on: April 17, 2013, 11:06:54 AM »

Bushie, you gonna respond to my post?  Or did you not even know that verse existed?

Im still trying to research that, look at commentary, so I'll get back with you in the next few days.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #579 on: April 17, 2013, 11:51:54 AM »

I've got one more message to pass.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #580 on: April 17, 2013, 12:13:07 PM »

Im still trying to research that, look at commentary, so I'll get back with you in the next few days.

Not much to research, bro.  It's pretty clear.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #581 on: April 17, 2013, 01:09:52 PM »

you need a weather radio, bushie.  it can wake you from your nap, should a twister threaten your trailer.

seriously, everyone in the us needs a weather radio.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #582 on: April 17, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »

I had never heard of a weather radio until it was mentioned on the forum; I don't know what use it would have to own one in Northern California.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #583 on: April 17, 2013, 01:27:15 PM »

I had never heard of a weather radio until it was mentioned on the forum;

It's incredible what we're learning from Atlas, isn't it?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #584 on: April 17, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »

I had never heard of a weather radio until it was mentioned on the forum; I don't know what use it would have to own one in Northern California.

there are weather emergencies in n. cali  too, obviously less frequently than in other parts of the country.

also weather radio is increasingly being used for non weather emergencies..law enforcement emergencies, terrorist attacks, child abduction warnings etc.  (though these are rare).
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #585 on: April 17, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »

I don't see the need for the radio. We have loud tornado sirens, and I don't really care all that much if some random child is missing.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #586 on: April 17, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »

I don't see the need for the radio. We have loud tornado sirens, and I don't really care all that much if some random child is missing.

would a siren wake you up at night?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #587 on: April 17, 2013, 03:19:57 PM »

would a siren wake you up at night?

It wouldn't me, I sleep deep, there is not much that can wake me, plus we don't have sirens near my house since we live in the country.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »

That assumes your siren coordination goes as planned.  Sirens can fail.  Weather radio broadcasts come directly from the NWS when they issue the warning.  They're quicker than sirens because there's no middle man.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #589 on: April 17, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »

That assumes your siren coordination goes as planned.  Sirens can fail.  Weather radio broadcasts come directly from the NWS when they issue the warning.  They're quicker than sirens because there's no middle man.

Indeed. Word is tbe sirens are not working in Ninnekah, OK just southwest of OKC.  Bad news as there are severe thunderstorms headed their way.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #590 on: April 17, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »

Indeed. Word is tbe sirens are not working in Ninnekah, OK just southwest of OKC.  Bad news as there are severe thunderstorms headed their way.

There's no good reason not to have a weather radio.  I guess if you pay attention and live where severe weather is rare (although, note that every state, province, and territory in the U.S. and Canada, except Nunavut, there has been at least one tornado), you can get by, keeping in mind that you should prepare for strong winter storms.

But they're still helpful for disseminating boil water advisories, 911 outages, etc.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #591 on: April 17, 2013, 07:36:14 PM »

There's no good reason not to have a weather radio.  I guess if you pay attention and live where severe weather is rare (although, note that every state, province, and territory in the U.S. and Canada, except Nunavut, there has been at least one tornado), you can get by, keeping in mind that you should prepare for strong winter storms.

But they're still helpful for disseminating boil water advisories, 911 outages, etc.

I completely agree.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #592 on: April 17, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tytux/
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #593 on: April 17, 2013, 10:35:19 PM »

The storm threat is winding down in Oklahoma City.  We had mainly hail and rain in Oklahoma county.  The cold front came through and killed any tornado threat.  There were tornadoes in Southwest Oklahoma, mainly EF0-EF2.  The storms are pushing into Eastern and Southeastern Oklahoma.

I'm staying with my grandmother tonight to protect my car from the hail.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #594 on: April 17, 2013, 10:37:53 PM »

The storm threat is winding down in Oklahoma City.  We had mainly hail and rain in Oklahoma county.  The cold front came through and killed any tornado threat.  There were tornadoes in Southwest Oklahoma, mainly EF0-EF2.  The storms are pushing into Eastern and Southeastern Oklahoma.

Does she have a garage and you don't?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #595 on: April 17, 2013, 10:45:56 PM »

Does she have a garage and you don't?

Yes.  She has a two car garage, my parents have a mobile home with a two car carport.  The only problem, I'm the third car...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #596 on: April 17, 2013, 10:48:54 PM »

How far is your grandpepper from your parents?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #597 on: April 17, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »

Alright... this is a weather-related action by Jeff that I can actually defend. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: April 17, 2013, 10:53:50 PM »

How far is your grandpepper from your parents?

5 1/2 miles.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: April 17, 2013, 10:56:57 PM »

Alright... this is a weather-related action by Jeff that I can actually defend. Smiley

I could go home now, but its 23:00.  No point in going home until morning.  I'll probably wake up around 7:30 and go back and get a shower and freshen up before I come back over around 15:00.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies