Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:08:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 78416 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: April 16, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »
« edited: April 16, 2013, 01:33:03 PM by Boston Bushie »

As a Christian myself, some of the things said in here are offensive. God does not endorse someone that uses their parents for all they have, refuses to work, mistreats their bodies, lies, scams, and someone that embraces death because they are too lazy to work to better the gift God gave them - life. It's OK if you want to ignore any posts that question your commitment to God, that's fine, but I can still post this. And you are refusing to better your life. This Kenya thing is a fantasy. If it was real, you'd already be there like the people I have met who had that calling and threw everything away to follow it. I know yours is not real because you're waiting until the creature comforts exist in Kenya before you go. It is simply another vacation for you - like Utah.

I am not the world's best Christian, no, but we all sin, and part of being a Christian is forgiveness, which I am sure you know, but this is just silly. God has not endorsed your lifestyle. You're simply, again, hiding behind God in trying to justify your actions. You can quote the Bible and I can quote it too disproving your quotes.

I have never said I am perfect and by golly I sin every single day.  However, the Bible tells me that God doesn't use people who have it all together.  He uses people who are in a mess.  Think through the Bible.  Noah was a drunkard, Abraham and Isaac cheated on their wives, Jacob lied, Moses was a murderer, the Judges included an assassin, an adulterer, Samson cheated on his wife.  Samuel was a poor example of a father.  David was an adulterous murderer.  Solomon had 1,000 wives.  Elijah was a coward.  Peter walked around with his foot in his mouth.  Paul was a mass murderer of Christians.  There are many more examples.  Do you think any of them had it all together?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #501 on: April 16, 2013, 01:33:37 PM »

He's going all the way to Africa to hug children? Seriously? Not trying to be difficult here. It's just not processing for me. And I think he's sincere in his desire to help. I just don't see how he's helping anybody.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #502 on: April 16, 2013, 01:35:49 PM »

He's going all the way to Africa to hug children? Seriously?

Yeah it really does honestly sound that way to me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #503 on: April 16, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »

He's going all the way to Africa to hug children? Seriously? Not trying to be difficult here. It's just not processing for me. And I think he's sincere in his desire to help. I just don't see how he's helping anybody.

We will have roles deeper than that, and we will discuss our individual roles at our meeting on Sunday, 5 May.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #504 on: April 16, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »

He's going all the way to Africa to hug children? Seriously?

Yeah it really does honestly sound that way to me.

He's also spoken about planting churches, although according to Wikipedia, Kenya is 80% Christian already. The remainder are primarily Muslims living along the coast.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #505 on: April 16, 2013, 01:39:51 PM »

I am not going to respond to posts that are trying to get me to doubt what I have been called to and are designed to get me to stay home.

Translation: I was caught in a lie, and there's no way I can get out of this one.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #506 on: April 16, 2013, 01:42:43 PM »

I'm sure that there are plenty of underprivileged youngins in OKC that you can love on, Bushie.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #507 on: April 16, 2013, 01:43:10 PM »

As a Christian myself, some of the things said in here are offensive. God does not endorse someone that uses their parents for all they have, refuses to work, mistreats their bodies, lies, scams, and someone that embraces death because they are too lazy to work to better the gift God gave them - life. It's OK if you want to ignore any posts that question your commitment to God, that's fine, but I can still post this. And you are refusing to better your life. This Kenya thing is a fantasy. If it was real, you'd already be there like the people I have met who had that calling and threw everything away to follow it. I know yours is not real because you're waiting until the creature comforts exist in Kenya before you go. It is simply another vacation for you - like Utah.

I am not the world's best Christian, no, but we all sin, and part of being a Christian is forgiveness, which I am sure you know, but this is just silly. God has not endorsed your lifestyle. You're simply, again, hiding behind God in trying to justify your actions. You can quote the Bible and I can quote it too disproving your quotes.

I have never said I am perfect and by golly I sin every single day.  However, the Bible tells me that God doesn't use people who have it all together.  He uses people who are in a mess.  Think through the Bible.  Noah was a drunkard, Abraham and Isaac cheated on their wives, Jacob lied, Moses was a murderer, the Judges included an assassin, an adulterer, Samson cheated on his wife.  Samuel was a poor example of a father.  David was an adulterous murderer.  Solomon had 1,000 wives.  Elijah was a coward.  Peter walked around with his foot in his mouth.  Paul was a mass murderer of Christians.  There are many more examples.  Do you think any of them had it all together?

I think it's a little dangerous to compare yourself to any of those men. By that logic, anyone who is evil is simply going to be used by God later, and that is far from the case.

In any event, my point remains about your calling. Don't wait. Go and stay there now and don't wait for apartments, your CAD degree, etc. All you need is God once you're there. He will lead the way. Besides, like others said, Kenya needs your money more than they need your labor.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: April 16, 2013, 01:55:44 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2013, 01:58:14 PM by Boston Bushie »

I have never said I am perfect and by golly I sin every single day.  However, the Bible tells me that God doesn't use people who have it all together.  He uses people who are in a mess.  Think through the Bible.  Noah was a drunkard, Abraham and Isaac cheated on their wives, Jacob lied, Moses was a murderer, the Judges included an assassin, an adulterer, Samson cheated on his wife.  Samuel was a poor example of a father.  David was an adulterous murderer.  Solomon had 1,000 wives.  Elijah was a coward.  Peter walked around with his foot in his mouth.  Paul was a mass murderer of Christians.  There are many more examples.  Do you think any of them had it all together?

I think it's a little dangerous to compare yourself to any of those men. By that logic, anyone who is evil is simply going to be used by God later, and that is far from the case.

In any event, my point remains about your calling. Don't wait. Go and stay there now and don't wait for apartments, your CAD degree, etc. All you need is God once you're there. He will lead the way. Besides, like others said, Kenya needs your money more than they need your labor.

The men and women that God used in the Bible are no better than I am.  I am a mess, but so were they.

And God can use whomever He wants when He wants.  They are not required to have it all together, just a willing spirit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: April 16, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »

I am not going to respond to posts that are trying to get me to doubt what I have been called to and are designed to get me to stay home.

Translation: I was caught in a lie, and there's no way I can get out of this one.

Not a chance.  All you're trying to do is discourage me by pointing out lies.  That's all it is. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #510 on: April 16, 2013, 01:59:43 PM »

Not a chance.  All you're trying to do is discourage me by pointing out lies.  That's all it is. 

Will you admit that you lied?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #511 on: April 16, 2013, 02:02:21 PM »

No, I will not.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #512 on: April 16, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »

No, I will not.

So you heard God speak to you?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: April 16, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #514 on: April 16, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

Then why did you later say that you didn't, and that it was all metaphorical?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: April 16, 2013, 02:17:50 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

I don't know.  Now, if you will excuse me I refuse to listen to attempts to discourage me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #516 on: April 16, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

I don't know.  Now, if you will excuse me I refuse to listen to attempts to discourage me.

Come on, Jeff... quit cowering with your tail between your legs every time someone challenges you on something.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #517 on: April 16, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

Come on, Jeff... quit cowering with your tail between your legs every time someone challenges you on something.

This interrogation has no rhyme or reason other than to question my ethics, question my integrity, question my commitment to my Savior, so this conversation is done.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #518 on: April 16, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »

Tonight's broadcast of NPR's [Fresh Air is about Evangelicals who adopt African orphans, some of whom are not really orphans. I'll be listening!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #519 on: April 16, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

This interrogation has no rhyme or reason other than to question my ethics, question my integrity, question my commitment to my Savior, so this conversation is done.

The rhyme and reason of this interrogation is to get you to tell the truth for once on this forum.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #520 on: April 16, 2013, 02:25:56 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

The rhyme and reason of this interrogation is to get you to tell the truth for once on this forum.

I tell more truth on this forum than lies.  I have lied before, several times, but not every single time like you are lying about.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #521 on: April 16, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

I tell more truth on this forum than lies.  I have lied before, several times, but not every single time like you are lying about.

Calm down... it's a figure of speech.  Of course you tell the truth.  But you have lied a lot more than several times.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: April 16, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »

Not a chance.  All you're trying to do is discourage me by pointing out lies.  That's all it is.  

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

I don't know.  Now, if you will excuse me I refuse to listen to attempts to discourage me.

I tell more truth on this forum than lies.  I have lied before, several times, but not every single time like you are lying about.

Calm down... it's a figure of speech.  Of course you tell the truth.  But you have lied a lot more than several times.

I know it's a figure of speech, and I will not deny the last sentence.

And, I'm not upset.  I'm just trying to figure out why every time I talk about moving to Kenya, my commitment and motives get questioned.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #523 on: April 16, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »

Come on, Inks, there's no point. Jeff is once again using God as an excuse to remain an immature, self-centered jerk.

Jeff is not even a real Christian. He is a "Christian" only because pulling off "God's will" is helping him with lying, scamming and taking advantage of anybody. Surely, Jesus would approve Roll Eyes

Bushie, you're just a pathetic fraud.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #524 on: April 16, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »

Not a chance.  All you're trying to do is discourage me by pointing out lies.  That's all it is.  

No, I will not.

Yes, I did.

I don't know.  Now, if you will excuse me I refuse to listen to attempts to discourage me.

I tell more truth on this forum than lies.  I have lied before, several times, but not every single time like you are lying about.

Calm down... it's a figure of speech.  Of course you tell the truth.  But you have lied a lot more than several times.

I know it's a figure of speech, and I will not deny the last sentence.

And, I'm not upset.  I'm just trying to figure out why every time I talk about moving to Kenya, my commitment and motives get questioned.

You really think you've only lied "several" times.  Define "several" for me.  Give me a range of what "several" is.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies