The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:39:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172568 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« on: August 27, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »

As President, Aflietch did sign some left wing legislation (see the 18th Senate) but on the other hand did nominate Naso and then Phil to the vacant Vice-President seat.

He's left on social issues and right on economic issues, opposite of Al, though Al is more moderate on social issues. I would necessarily call either of the left or right. Al's voting record was usually with the left, but I remember someone said he had the most mixed record in the previous Senate.

As everyone has already stated though, replacing DWTL with Mr. Moderate clearly moves the Senate one seat to the left. I would divide the next Senate as:

Right
Phil
PBrunsel *
Brandon

Center-Right
Sam

Populist
Al

Libertarian
Afleitch *

Center-Left
Mr. Moderate

Left
Lewis
Earl

Far Left
Rob
Ebowed
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 10:43:32 PM »

To Ben:
I would suggest one asking the mods to check the IP of some of your posts and compare them to other posters.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »

To Ben:
I would suggest one asking the mods to check the IP of some of your posts and compare them to other posters.

I've looked through all of my posts, and none are ones that I didn't post.  That isn't the problem; it's these PM's being sent.

And the IP number is tracked for PM's, only posts.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 11:32:17 PM »

To Ben:

I've looked through all of my posts, and none are ones that I didn't post.  That isn't the problem; it's these PM's being sent.

And the IP number is tracked for PM's, only posts.

It isn't tracked for PM's?

Correction:
And the IP number isn't tracked for PM's, only posts (only Dave mod'd the code here to do so).

Just realized that Xahar couldn't have known this unless he had either been hacking onto Brandon's website or had talked to Andy Jackson himself. I suspect the former.

Someone should ask Andy.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:38:38 PM »

Another security tip, mainly to Ben, but this could benefit everyone:
Hide your e-mail address and it may be a good idea to get another one an use that one for the forum. If one can get access to your e-mail, getting your password reset is easy from their. And Sarah Palin has shown us the lack of security in using free e-mail services.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 01:27:11 AM »

In the past, tied legislation (in the Southeast) was put on the ballot the following month for a re-vote.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 01:38:37 AM »

I somehow doubt that the National Weekly Atlasian has a neoconservative bias.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 11:49:41 PM »

Please look over your Official RPP Handbook again:

Please go away and come back once you've grown up.
---
Actually the last right of center Senate consisted of PBrunsel as well. Sam replaced TN2024 sometime during that period of time.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 03:09:35 PM »

It didn't work out so well when I ran with Brandon W a few years ago.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »

I have accepted Franzl's apology. The advice I gave to him and I'll give to everyone else is stay away from Xahar. He is trouble.

I run a forum on my server that I pay a company to host. All access to the site is logged. (Just like access to this site is, but I'm sure this site get 10,000, maybe even 100,000 more traffic than I do.) When I have reason to believe unauthorized access has taken place, I review the logs. When there were Canadian, Australian, and Californian IPs accessing Ben's account and he lives in Virginia, I knew something strange was going on. Xahar eventually made a big enough mistake where we were sure it was him. Even though he has been banned, he is still trying to cause trouble.

Marokai informed us that Xahar was accessing our site again. So I started checking the logs. I spent at least an hour Sunday night filtering logs and did not talk to Jedi until last night. Pit lives in California, and his account has been accessed from Germany, Canada, and California. Going into cities, we believe Xahar was also one accessing his account. How he got in, we are still investigating.

Maybe we handled this wrong. If we did, I apologize. As an IT Professional, I take security very seriously.

Xahar is nothing but trouble and he is going to get everyone he associates with in trouble. I'm not sure what his obsession is with this game but he has problems and he is going to end up making his problems other people's problems. If the FBI ever breaks into his house I doubt Xahar would hesitate to rat out everyone he shared info with if he thought it would help save his own read end.

One other piece of advice: every time you visit a web site, ftp site, send an e-mail, or use a file sharing service, your IP number is logged (though there are services that go out of their way to hide your IP). That's how the RIAA tracked people and began filing lawsuits. That is how the kid who hacked Sarah Palin's e-mail account got caught (though Palin shouldn't have been using Yahoo for government business). So don't think you are anonymous.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 10:14:54 PM »

Moderate couldn't find anyone to take the position so he came to me. Bgwah asked if I wanted it again and I preferred not to. And then we ended up with Xahar who was then replaced by Franzl. I would like to see other people get involved as I think I have served for more time as AG than anyone else. But I'm available if no one else is.

And it does make updating the wiki more enjoyable when there is good stuff coming out of the Senate. Smiley

(I haven't been keeping up. How out of date is the wiki right now anyway?)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 02:17:36 PM »

DWTL mentioned RPP in 2007? We didn't come into existence until 2008.

There was a previous party that used the name RPP (and then changed to LLP).
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »

DWTL mentioned RPP in 2007? We didn't come into existence until 2008.
RPP originally stood for Ron Paul Party.  I thought you knew that is why I choose the name Regional Protection Party so that we would copy the acronym of that great party.  When we first started as the Southern Secessionist Party (SSP) we were told there was a conflict with Sam Spade Party, so I decided to continue the tradition with RPP.  Read up on our history that you made Mr. Chairman Smiley

haha, doesnt duke hate ron paul?

Idk but Duke wasn't in the Ron Paul Party, SPC was.

I don't know if Duke "hates" Paul, but he was a Rudy supporter.

Yes, it was myself and SPC as well as DWPerry and Dubya / Wiseguy and for a short time stateboiler.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »

You missed one.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »

Does this story end with GPorter being outted as a serial adulterer, complete with interviews of his 13 mistresses?

That part doesn't happen until after he gets elected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies