State Legislature Special Election Mega Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:21:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State Legislature Special Election Mega Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Legislature Special Election Mega Thread  (Read 177511 times)
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 23, 2017, 06:58:31 PM »

^ Fair points, but still, D + 35 -> D + 19 is a heck of a swing to Rs and very hard to not see as a bad sign.

A bad sign in isolation but it counters the general special election trend. I will be concerned if this trend continues in 2017/18 but there's no evidence of that yet. This is a local race and a single data point like this could be attributed to a lot of different causes.
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »

Atlas red avatars when Democrats win abysmally low turnout special elections: "THE WAVE WILL BE MASSIVE!"

Atlas red avatars when Republicans win abysmally low turnout special elections: "Irrelevant, it was low turnout!"

The implication of this post is kinda silly, but Republican success in low turnout state elections during the Obama years were harbingers of wave elections in 2010 and 2014.
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:23:59 PM »

Just to be clear, even for western WI, this is heavy R territory. BIG win today.

Isn't this area super elastic though? Swung hard for Trump but if you go back 10 years candidates like Jim Doyle were sweeping the Western part of the state including this district.
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 10:28:55 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 10:33:16 PM by peenie_weenie »

Just to be clear, even for western WI, this is heavy R territory. BIG win today.

Isn't this area super elastic though? Swung hard for Trump but if you go back 10 years candidates like Jim Doyle were sweeping the Western part of the state including this district.

That's an eternity ago.

I'm still not totally sold on this. Obama won Dunn in 2012 and was pretty close in most of the rest of this district that year. I'm just as excited as anyone for this win (actually maybe more because I've always had a fondness for Wisconsin) but this isn't unprecedented for a Democrat to win here.

LMAO.. But Atlas told me any district outside of down towns are impossible for democrats to win in the rust belt.

Minor quibble but this area is more Plains than Rust Belt. St. Croix County is basically Twin Cities exurbs.
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 10:55:15 PM »

it is apparent that the Jefferson County vote, which is way too democratic, was the victim of voter fraud. Democrats likely bused voters from other districts in just enough numbers to illegally flip this race. What this should do is mobilize every resident of Missouri to keep careful watch over their respective polling place and do all they can to stop future fraud. I encourage the republican candidate in HD-97 to pursue electoral fraud charges for the Jefferson County portion of the district in state court as soon as feasible.

peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 09:16:25 PM »

Final GA Numbers in. Embarrassing performance for Democrats here. With the races last month, and now this race, there is clearly something seriously wrong with the GA DEM PARTY. Doesn't bode well for GA-GOV 2018.

Counties/Precincts Reporting: 100 %
TREVA GEAR (DEM)23.55 %778
JOHN LAHOOD (REP)70.73 %2,337
BRUCE PHELPS (REP)2.21 %73
COY REAVES (REP)3.51 %116

I'm not concerned at all; actually I'm outraged because I looked at these results closely and it's pretty obvious the Republicans committed voter fraud here.
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 05:21:13 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2018, 05:26:10 PM by peenie_weenie »

Let the guy do what he wants. Your obsession with him and what he posts is kinda creepy.

Wait what

That intersection is literally a mile and a half from my Dad's house

I drove by that intersection every day to go to school for six years and go running there whenever I visit home

what
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies