Predict Bevin's margin of victory (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:15:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Predict Bevin's margin of victory (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
0-5%

5-10%

10-15%

15-20%

More than 20%

He will lose (LOL)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 125

Author Topic: Predict Bevin's margin of victory  (Read 7064 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« on: February 23, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »

Bevin by 3-5%, don't count Beshear out though.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 08:43:23 PM »

Did another poll come out showing Bevin losing? Or do we still just have a now old poll showing him down 8 (and KY polls are NEVER wrong.) I could see Bevin only winning by single digits if he really runs a terrible campaign, but he's not going to lose, lol. I am factoring in his unpopularity, since I'm currently predicting he wins by 10-12%, rather than 25%+.
Look, I understand "racist hicks" is your shtick, but can you please explain to me how a governor with a -19 approval rating in an off-year running for re-election is safe to get it?

McConnell IS inevitable, though. It's a Senate race and he's a much better campaigner than Bevin.

Muhry Fallin was at 80% disapproval and Kevin Stitt was underwater in 2018 and yet Republican retained the governorship by double digits. Andy Beshear would be relying on exactly the same types of Demosaurs in Kentucky that failed to flip D in sufficient numbers in Oklahoma just last year.

Except Kentucky last elected a Democrat statewide in 2015, whereas Oklahoma hasn't since 2006. Oklahoma has also been consistently and significantly more Republican than Kentucky for quite some time now.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »

Did another poll come out showing Bevin losing? Or do we still just have a now old poll showing him down 8 (and KY polls are NEVER wrong.) I could see Bevin only winning by single digits if he really runs a terrible campaign, but he's not going to lose, lol. I am factoring in his unpopularity, since I'm currently predicting he wins by 10-12%, rather than 25%+.

Rand Paul was hardly unpopular and still won a Senate race by only 14 points in a R wave year with Trump at the top of the ticket. Somehow I doubt that Bevin is only going to do two points worse than Paul.

Jim Gray's numbers in coal country are going to be hard to replicate in 2019, to be fair.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies