The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:03:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194214 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: April 20, 2009, 12:44:46 AM »

There are two issues left to deal with in this election's aftermath.  First we need one or two new assembly members.  I'd first recomend devilman and then persepolis.  Then if SPC does drop his bid does the next person after him take the spot or does the present vote count and we move on to a special election for the last seat.  Assuming he does'nt take the seat as he says he won't.

I think Devilman & Persepolis would make excellent choices for Assembly. Smiley

It would get Persepolis more active.

You are the only members of the region I could see being strong candidates for the positions at the moment.  As has been said it all depends on the vote breakdowns whether we need 2 replacements or just one.

I was speaking on the behalf if we need 2 replacements.  Wink

Edit, which it looks like we do.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #976 on: April 20, 2009, 12:45:13 AM »

There are two issues left to deal with in this election's aftermath.  First we need one or two new assembly members.  I'd first recomend devilman and then persepolis.  Then if SPC does drop his bid does the next person after him take the spot or does the present vote count and we move on to a special election for the last seat.  Assuming he does'nt take the seat as he says he won't.

Yes, I have noticed a slight drop-off, but I have not been as active with the Assembly of late. The controversial gun bill was basically tabled and no real action went on after that.

Well, you had you election and the ConCon to work on, plus the holidays.

Plus a conference this weekend. I was also a little hesitant to push the gun reform too hard and didn't want to move quickly after that little blip. Especially with the elections when they were, I didn't want to start something totally new if there was a chance I wouldn't be around to finish it. If the breakdown works in my favor then I want you guys to have a fresh slate to work with.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #977 on: April 20, 2009, 12:46:28 AM »

Not to mention it would give both of you a bright start to your political careers. Atlasia can always use more newbies getting into the political ring, so to speak.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #978 on: April 20, 2009, 12:47:24 AM »

Not to mention it would give both of you a bright start to your political careers. Atlasia can always use more newbies getting into the political ring, so to speak.

Yep you are right.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #979 on: April 20, 2009, 01:01:31 AM »

The breakdown is probably going to be the most interesting part. Trying to stay up for it, but may hit the hay in a few minutes.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #980 on: April 20, 2009, 01:02:28 AM »

The breakdown is probably going to be the most interesting part. Trying to stay up for it, but may hit the hay in a few minutes.

It will be.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #981 on: April 20, 2009, 01:04:51 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2009, 07:26:38 AM by Jas »

The Examiner Senate Election Tracker - Update

Last Voter: Jas
Total Valid Votes Cast: 70
Current Quota: 12

Count 1Votes
Bacon King14(Bacon King, Al, BRTD, bgwah, Rob, Ogre Mage, Ebowed, Sensei, Meeker, gporter, John Dibble, Andy Jackson, Boris, Alcon)
afleitch11(Speed of Sound, Hawk, Hashemite, AndrewCT, ilikeverin, bullmoose, Lunar, Gustaf, afleitch, Winfield, Jas)
Franzl11(Franzl, Verily, Realisticidealist, HappyWarrior, Torie, Moderate, Jamespol, hughento, sbane, Tender Branson, Earth)
Lief9(opebo, Lief, Earl, Marokai, Smash, Eraserhead, MaxQue, GMantis, jokerman)
Purple State9(Purple State, Fritz, Lewis, devilman, CultureKing, Peter, Dc_united_15, jfern, Keystone Phil)
South Park Conservative8(benconstine, RowanBrandon, South Park Conservative, dead0man, Persepolis, tmthforu94, PiT, Inks, NCYankee, Winston Disraeli, officepark)
DownWithTheLeft7(DownWithTheLeft, AHDuke, Jedi, Daniel Adams, BrandonH, Luis Gonzalez, Sam Spade)
Keystone Phil1(Smid)

Bacon King elected with a surplus of 2, which is now distributed
(Note: afleitch outranks Franzl based on 2nd preferences 13-12; similarly, Lief outranks Purple State 13-3.)

Count 2Votes
Bacon King12(-2)
afleitch116/14(+6/14: Ebowed, John Dibble, Alcon)
Franzl114/14(+4/14: Bacon King, Andy Jackson)
Lief102/14(+1 2/14: Al, BRTD, bgwah, Rob, Ogre Mage, Sensei, Meeker, Boris)
Purple State9
South Park Conservative8
DownWithTheLeft7 2/14(+2/14: gporter)
Keystone Phil1

Nobody else elected, so the lowest ranked candidate is eliminated...

Count 3Votes
Bacon King12
afleitch116/14
Franzl114/14
Lief102/14
Purple State9
DownWithTheLeft8 2/14(+1: Smid)
South Park Conservative8
Keystone Phil0
(-1)

Now, SPC is eliminated...

Count 4Votes
Bacon King12
DownWithTheLeft15 2/14(+7: RowanBrandon, Persepolis, tmthforu94, PiT, Inks, NCYankee, officepark)
Franzl124/14(+1: dead0man)
afleitch116/14
Lief102/14
Purple State9
South Park Conservative0(-8)

DWTL and Franzl elected.
DWTL's surplus is distributed first...

Count 5Votes
Bacon King12
DownWithTheLeft12](-3.14)
Franzl12.29
afleitch12.5(+1.07: MasterJedi, Sam Spade, PiT, officepark, Smid, gporter)
Purple State11.08(+2.08: DWTL, AHDuke, Daniel Adams, Brandon H, Luis Gonzalez, RowanBrandon, Persepolis, tmthforu94, Inks, NCYankee)
Lief10.14

Note: I've went to decimals here because the fractions get unwieldy.
afleitch surpasses the quota and is elected.
Though a combined surplus of approximately 0.79 exists, it is insufficient for Lief to catch Purple State, so the count ends and Purple State is deemed elected to the final seat despite not making the quota.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #982 on: April 20, 2009, 01:07:47 AM »

Hurm. Fair enough.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #983 on: April 20, 2009, 01:08:24 AM »

Wow, that got really close. What an interesting and exciting race. Thank you Jas and Lewis for keeping us all up to date throughout the process.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #984 on: April 20, 2009, 01:09:06 AM »

Yay!
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #985 on: April 20, 2009, 01:10:08 AM »

SPC's vote deletion seems to have done as intended, throwing the seat away from himself to DWTL.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #986 on: April 20, 2009, 01:23:22 AM »

SPC's vote deletion seems to have done as intended, throwing the seat away from himself to DWTL.

A great shame actually.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #987 on: April 20, 2009, 01:27:39 AM »

Yet another example of the necessity for a secret ballot...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #988 on: April 20, 2009, 02:15:39 AM »

...anyone want to have a look at the list of Bacon King first preference voters? The same thing has been going on for about 8 pages...should've been glaring...
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #989 on: April 20, 2009, 02:25:54 AM »

...anyone want to have a look at the list of Bacon King first preference voters? The same thing has been going on for about 8 pages...should've been glaring...

ROFL

Time to re-do the math...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #990 on: April 20, 2009, 02:28:19 AM »

Is the mistake that BK is listed twice? If so, I don't think that that changes anything.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #991 on: April 20, 2009, 02:30:07 AM »

Is the mistake that BK is listed twice? If so, I don't think that that changes anything.

That is, ineed, the mistake; abd with this system you can never know what changes what until you acually go through it all. Does it mean only BK's first vote is counted; only his second, or that both are invalidated (as they should be, no offence BK)? How are preferences affected? etc.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #992 on: April 20, 2009, 02:32:13 AM »

My quick check (very possibly inaccurate) doesn't seem to indicate a change in winners. But I'll wait for an expert.

I still can't believe that no one noticed for so long...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #993 on: April 20, 2009, 02:34:24 AM »

I noticed as soon as I checked the thread, but that was only about 20 mins before I posted; I had a good 8 pages to read through.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #994 on: April 20, 2009, 02:41:25 AM »

What's been discovered ?!?

Ah..two votes for Bacon on the Examiner thread...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #995 on: April 20, 2009, 03:52:38 AM »

I've discovered the mistake.

The count is correct, as far as I can see....Jas just made a mistake in writing Bacon King twice. The "second" BK vote should be GPORTER...as he cast a first preference for Bacon King....and that doesn't appear anywere.

The numbers, though, don't change.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #996 on: April 20, 2009, 04:03:11 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2009, 09:41:34 AM by Smid »

Count 3 of this post in this thread, the distribution of BK's preferences fixes it and accurately lists the other voter as GPorter, however still lists BK twice initially (and no GPorter).

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=71548.msg1973131#msg1973131

The effect this has on the final election result is the same as the effect CNN calling Florida for Gore - no legal standing, this is the press rather than the actual votes.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #997 on: April 20, 2009, 07:27:38 AM »

typo...as stated, the second BK should be gporter.
Doesn't affect the count.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #998 on: April 20, 2009, 09:38:06 AM »

So I win Smiley

But SPC doesn't Sad

It seems like a pattern is occuring, one party does great one cycle then they lose it the next.  The NLC won a lot of seats, then not only did they fail to retain them, but they were pretty much put in oblivion.  The RPP won 2 seats last time when no one thought they could, and we only won one this time.

Perhaps most telling though is the collapse of the Atlasian left as a cohesive unit.  The DA and RPP look to have turned Atlasia into the closest thing to a two party system we have ever seen.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #999 on: April 20, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »

So I win Smiley

But SPC doesn't Sad

It seems like a pattern is occuring, one party does great one cycle then they lose it the next.  The NLC won a lot of seats, then not only did they fail to retain them, but they were pretty much put in oblivion.  The RPP won 2 seats last time when no one thought they could, and we only won one this time.

Perhaps most telling though is the collapse of the Atlasian left as a cohesive unit.  The DA and RPP look to have turned Atlasia into the closest thing to a two party system we have ever seen.

You haven't been here for very long, mate.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies