The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:52:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself  (Read 54318 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: April 07, 2013, 06:30:18 PM »

Admission of still being a virgin is admitting of something very personal?

If you post on Atlas, there's 80% chance you're yet to get laid.

Except the gays, who either seem to be married and/or having regular sex Grin

Hey, I'm not having— wait crap I am, kind of, now, maybe.  To a certain extent.  It's hard to adjust to actually dating.  Suffice it to say, kids, if you're distressed by your inexperience, I can assure you that there is hope on the horizon, and it is known as the Internet.  I had gone no further than a friendly hug with either sex before January (that, my 269th month upon the Earth), and now that is not the case.

Confession: there's this guy I've been dating for about a month, and he keeps repeatedly insisting he wants me to be his boyfriend, and even though I had always thought I would be one to rush into things I'm the one putting the breaks on and being like "I AM EXCEEDINGLY INEXPERIENCED, WE SHOULD PROBABLY TAKE THIS SLOWER THAN YOU WANT US TO" and it's very odd and kind of frustrating even though I think he's a really great guy and I always enjoy the time I spend with him.  And now he's come down with mono and I'm almost a little relieved because at the very least his immune system will now be telling him to slow things down rather than just me.   (But that means I will have to start avoiding him to make it so I don't come down with mono myself, unless he's already infected me, in which case I'm in for a miserable April/May.)  Yet my sort-of pleasure makes me guilty.

Also, I'm one of the gays.  But it's not a confession if no one is surprised.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 08:49:33 AM »

Slowly reading through the thread, but had to stop to make a particular post:

ILV! *hughughug*

Welcome Smiley

Admission of still being a virgin is admitting of something very personal?

If you post on Atlas, there's 80% chance you're yet to get laid.

Except the gays, who either seem to be married and/or having regular sex Grin

Hey, I'm not having— wait crap I am, kind of, now, maybe.  To a certain extent.  It's hard to adjust to actually dating.  Suffice it to say, kids, if you're distressed by your inexperience, I can assure you that there is hope on the horizon, and it is known as the Internet.  I had gone no further than a friendly hug with either sex before January (that, my 269th month upon the Earth), and now that is not the case.

Confession: there's this guy I've been dating for about a month, and he keeps repeatedly insisting he wants me to be his boyfriend, and even though I had always thought I would be one to rush into things I'm the one putting the breaks on and being like "I AM EXCEEDINGLY INEXPERIENCED, WE SHOULD PROBABLY TAKE THIS SLOWER THAN YOU WANT US TO" and it's very odd and kind of frustrating even though I think he's a really great guy and I always enjoy the time I spend with him.  And now he's come down with mono and I'm almost a little relieved because at the very least his immune system will now be telling him to slow things down rather than just me.   (But that means I will have to start avoiding him to make it so I don't come down with mono myself, unless he's already infected me, in which case I'm in for a miserable April/May.)  Yet my sort-of pleasure makes me guilty.

Also, I'm one of the gays.  But it's not a confession if no one is surprised.
I only found this post thanks to Hugh.

And then I looked up what "mono" was. I knew it under its German name...

*hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »

There are people with real problems out there.

Yeah, like getting pressured into or victimized during sex, or having to interact with people who make it clear that they want to pressure or victimize.
Being hit on is not a problem. The lack thereof is a much more trying experience. What's so awful about saying No, thank you if you don't feel the same way?

...some days I think you are why evolutionary psychologists can't have good things Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 05:37:03 PM »

I actually thought the last post was good up until the "Fact of the matter is..." part. Should've just stopped there and left the last bit off.

It's almost kind of fun to see him veer in and out of "patronizing but in some respects correct" and "WIMMINZ IZ ASKING FOR IT".
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 06:58:14 AM »

I want to like, get along with, and feel solidarity toward everyone; it hurts when folks opt not to reciprocate.

In other words, you are a good Midwestern citizen! *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »

I began the orientation week for my graduate program today, and I hated it. My girlfriend described me as "shell-shocked" when I returned home at the end of the day. It was boring, it was stuffy, and I didn't like most of the other students. I feel as though I've made a huge mistake.

Oh, God.  That is not a good feeling.  I hope things change.  It was just an orientation week.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 07:28:15 AM »

When I see some of the older gay guys who graduated before me post about gay stuff on Facebook, it absolutely sickens me how shallow and pathetic the gay "community" is. It makes me ashamed to be gay. I want no part in a culture that values belittling and bullying others to prop one's self up, accumulating material possessions/monetary wealth, constantly partying/drinking/doing drugs/having promiscuous sex, and judges others based on looks. It goes against absolutely everything I believe in and stand for. 

This will change as you get into the community and meet more gay dudes.  Not that your opinion of guys who are like that will (necessarily) change, but you'll realize the community is a whole lot bigger and a whole lot more diverse than the guys who like putting themselves out there like that all the time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies