The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:15:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Author Topic: The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself  (Read 54494 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2013, 08:38:14 AM »

I received a handful of private messages from some of YOU who wanted to hook up with me. I will not name names, but one of the more brazen posters actually requested that I meet him in a hotel room and he promised me alcohol.

Jeez...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »

So it's now established that Tik is male   ... ?

Actually don't go there Torie. Just stop. Anyway, and here I thought almost everyone on the site was either gay or shy or uninterested. Who knew? Tongue

Sorry you had a bad experience Tik.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2013, 11:13:09 AM »

I received a handful of private messages from some of YOU who wanted to hook up with me. I will not name names, but one of the more brazen posters actually requested that I meet him in a hotel room and he promised me alcohol.

Jeez...

Jeez indeed holy crap
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2013, 11:14:23 AM »

Gee, why do women not post here again?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »

Even more depressing than what Tik said is the fact that I am not surprised by it in the least.

I don't mean to sound smarmy, but you're really not someone who should be getting on a high horse about this.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2013, 01:41:23 PM »

That said, when there was debate concerning my gender and certain posters were assuming that I was female in anatomy, I received a handful of private messages from some of YOU who wanted to hook up with me. I will not name names, but one of the more brazen posters actually requested that I meet him in a hotel room and he promised me alcohol.
How old did you claim to be at the time? (Just asking out of interest and because of the strange "promised me alcohol" bit.)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2013, 07:09:45 PM »

That said, when there was debate concerning my gender and certain posters were assuming that I was female in anatomy, I received a handful of private messages from some of YOU who wanted to hook up with me. I will not name names, but one of the more brazen posters actually requested that I meet him in a hotel room and he promised me alcohol.
How old did you claim to be at the time? (Just asking out of interest and because of the strange "promised me alcohol" bit.)

At that time I was over 21 and I don't think I lied about that, but I don't remember exactly. His request wasn't illegal, just really really creepy.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2013, 08:32:19 PM »

At that time I was over 21 and I don't think I lied about that, but I don't remember exactly. His request wasn't illegal, just really really creepy.
Sometimes people are bad at the courtship thing. It goes both ways. No need to make yourself into a victim. I once had a coworker corner me and start rubbing her butt all over me. Take it as a compliment and move on. No need to get your panties all wadded. There are people with real problems out there.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2013, 08:39:19 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 08:51:44 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Unless it was one of our Australian posters, I kinda doubt that an American or European would be so desperate as to travel to the other side of the world for sex, no offense intended. I think it was more of an awful attempt at a joke.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2013, 08:40:56 PM »

It's 4/20 and I only just smoked now. It's a point of personal humiliation. Take that for what it's worth...
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2013, 08:43:13 PM »

Sometimes people are bad at the courtship thing. It goes both ways. No need to make yourself into a victim. I once had a coworker corner me and start rubbing her butt all over me. Take it as a compliment and move on. No need to get your panties all wadded. There are people with real problems out there.

I never asked for sympathy, nor did I say that I was distraught. I was simply sharing an experience. Nevertheless your lack of insight into gender dynamics and casual attitude towards women being lured towards sex constantly has been noted.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2013, 11:06:36 PM »

There are people with real problems out there.

Yeah, like getting pressured into or victimized during sex, or having to interact with people who make it clear that they want to pressure or victimize.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2013, 11:16:04 PM »

Yeah, like getting pressured into or victimized during sex, or having to interact with people who make it clear that they want to pressure or victimize.
Being hit on is not a problem. The lack thereof is a much more trying experience. What's so awful about saying No, thank you if you don't feel the same way?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »

Being hit on is not a problem. The lack thereof is a much more trying experience. What's so awful about saying No, thank you if you don't feel the same way?

...some days I think you are why evolutionary psychologists can't have good things Tongue
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2013, 11:47:05 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 11:49:03 PM by Nathan »

Being hit on is not a problem. The lack thereof is a much more trying experience.

Believe it or not, this is not the case for all people in all times and places. Some people, especially those whom our society holds in contempt and traumatizes for having the temerity to be female, want to be left more or less alone, or better yet, paid some degree of meaningful love and/or respect by those around them.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2013, 11:55:22 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 11:57:46 PM by All of these choices suck except Matt Damon »

I honestly have never met someone IRL with so little capacity to empathize with others as you are showing here. I don't mean empathize in some romantic, "everyone love each other and flowers and WORLD PEACE YAY!!!11!" sort of way. I mean the basic human ability to at least somewhat understand the experiences of another person, which I am (or was) very confident every human being over the age of 3 posessed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2013, 12:28:24 AM by Veep Duke »

This thread has also taken a turn for the worse. Not everyone finds advances towards them OK, even if they aren't used to getting attention. Get it together, people.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2013, 12:27:34 AM »

Jeez...

Yeah, wow. This place gets more disgusting every day.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2013, 12:31:24 AM »

What the hell is wrong with you?!?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »

This thread is on life support.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2013, 08:40:37 AM »

Again, what is so terrible about saying No thank you, I'm not interested? If some of you have had some sort of sexual abuse in the past, that's terrible, but it's not the fault of every person who pays you a compliment. I once even had a guy try to come on to me. He wasn't my type but it wasn't the worst thing to ever happen to me either. It wasn't a statement of contempt or a trauma. I hope you guys can have some positive sexual experiences in the future, but with your attitudes, I don't see how.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2013, 09:16:04 AM »

Again, what is so terrible about saying No thank you, I'm not interested? If some of you have had some sort of sexual abuse in the past, that's terrible, but it's not the fault of every person who pays you a compliment. I once even had a guy try to come on to me. He wasn't my type but it wasn't the worst thing to ever happen to me either. It wasn't a statement of contempt or a trauma. I hope you guys can have some positive sexual experiences in the future, but with your attitudes, I don't see how.

Whatever role you are trying to play in these gender arguments, Memphis... don't stop.  I'm not even going to present an opinion on your views, you're very entertaining, though. 

Personal:  Hmmm... I'm really, really into the girl I'm taking out Wednesday... perhaps far more than I should be.  Whatevs.  Roll Tide. 
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »

traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2013, 12:35:30 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2013, 12:52:25 PM by traininthedistance »

WTF.  You just have to keep digging, don't you.

The only rule is no judging people negatively by what they post; this is a judgement-free zone. Smiley

Screw that sh[inks], I'm judging Memphis and I am judging him quite negatively by what he's posted in this thread.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2013, 02:19:52 PM »

The only rule is no judging people negatively by what they post; this is a judgement-free zone. Smiley

Screw that sh[inks], I'm judging Memphis and I am judging him quite negatively by what he's posted in this thread.

It's okay, that only applies to posts that actually fit the topic of this thread.

Anyway, to steer this thread back to the original point; the first person I ever thought about while masturbating was Vanessa Hudgens. 12-year-old me had a crush on her after High School Musical Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies