KS-SEN 2020 Megathread: Marshall overperforms and wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:54:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-SEN 2020 Megathread: Marshall overperforms and wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46]
Author Topic: KS-SEN 2020 Megathread: Marshall overperforms and wins  (Read 82122 times)
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: November 04, 2020, 07:41:58 PM »

I told you all Kansas wouldn't be close lol. It's basically impossible in today's climate for the other party to win in a state where they're losing voter registration by 20 points this was Tennessee 2018 all over again.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1126 on: November 04, 2020, 09:06:28 PM »

It appears that in KS that the only way Ds win, if they run against Kobach, Kelly will lose in 2022 since she runs against someone not naked Kobach
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1127 on: November 05, 2020, 06:32:43 AM »

I told you all Kansas wouldn't be close lol. It's basically impossible in today's climate for the other party to win in a state where they're losing voter registration by 20 points this was Tennessee 2018 all over again.

The super strong candidates Bollier and Bullock ended up overperforming Biden by... 5 and 6 points respectively. Talk Elections Forum once again gets fooled by a red state based on "trends" and candidate quality.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1128 on: November 05, 2020, 06:37:16 AM »

The super strong candidates Bollier and Bullock ended up overperforming Biden by... 5 and 6 points respectively. Talk Elections Forum once again gets fooled by a red state based on "trends" and candidate quality.

6 would have been enough for Bullock if the MT presidential polls were right. As with most of your recent takes, this one doesn't take into account that the conventional wisdom really wasn't consistently far off relative to the national environment; it's just that the national environment was significantly worse for Democrats than expected.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1129 on: November 05, 2020, 06:53:17 AM »

6 would have been enough for Bullock if the MT presidential polls were right. As with most of your recent takes, this one doesn't take into account that the conventional wisdom really wasn't consistently far off relative to the national environment; it's just that the national environment was significantly worse for Democrats than expected.

Daines himself consistently said that the race as within two points, and while there’s every reason to believe that there was a lot of herding here, I don’t think any internal data (at least not to my knowledge) ever suggested a Daines blowout -- and I’m glad we didn’t take the race for granted and actually worked very hard for this victory. Our own KS local who supported Marshall (thmforu94) predicted a five-point Marshall win (50-45) a few days ago. I guess he was just as ‘delusional’ as I was for predicting a narrow Daines win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1130 on: November 05, 2020, 07:26:48 AM »

The oil comments hurt D's in the Keystone Pipeline tract AK, MT, IA, KS, MO, TX, that why the polls showing Perkins within striking range of Cassidy never came to forefront.

We are gonna end fossil fuels, the Sports works is owed by Jerry Jones and Vince Mcmahon oil money men and they are losing money on sports memorabilia big time, no Jersey sales or autographs
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1131 on: November 05, 2020, 12:22:58 PM »

Western KS is KS equivalent of East TN.

Mann won KS-01 with 71%. Estes got almost 65% in KS-04. Flip Johnson and Riley, get swamped by the rest of the state.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies