Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:29:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 106921 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: November 06, 2020, 09:03:59 PM »

I’m sick and tired of being treated like sh**t by hospital workers who don’t know how to do their job. Screw IBS and screw this hospital even more.

Are you familiar with this? I've found it helpful
https://www.helpforibs.com/
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 09:10:42 AM »

Why am I so stressed out and depressed all the time god damn. It keeps creeping back up no matter how many times I tell myself to stop being a little bitch

try not doing that, you might just be making it worse.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »

dammit, i’ve been banned from Dave and Busters

was it the one branch or all of them ?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 11:07:53 PM »

I moved from Washington Island, WI to Waitsfield, VT today!

how many states have you lived in now?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 11:48:40 PM »

concerned about my paranoia issues getting as bad as they have

it started probably close to a year ago with stupid stuff about people being out to get me, and since then has developed to the point i feel like i'm being followed both on foot and in my vehicle, that my house has secret cameras and microphones implanted everywhere, my airpods are transmitting my thoughts to the people who stalk me, and that when i'm asleep my dreams are being remotely controlled. plus other stuff i don't even feel comfortable mentioning. i'm actually afraid just posting this. i feel like it's probably unreasonable and my wife says it is unreasonable but it's started to consume my life and it keeps getting worse. i'm anxious and on edge 24/7 about it.

maybe this is common? especially during times of like, life upheaval and stuff. idk, has anybody else here been through this

Seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist would definitely be a good idea if possible.  You do marijuana, iirc?  If so, might consider trying laying off it for a while, as it can exacerbate those kinds of symptoms.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 11:30:59 PM »

Got a letter from Federal Court, East Virginia district "you have been selected to serve on a jury."   Filled out the reply online, got back an email that "there is no legal basis for granting your request" to be excused due to my anxiety & digestive disorders.  but "If you are selected to be on a Jury panel, the Judge in that trial will further review your request."    So, that's kind of stressful.  I'm not sure if I should do anything about the whole situation in the meantime.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 01:58:12 PM »

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that shua! If you've seen a doctor for either of those conditions, you could try asking them to write a request to excuse you from the jury duty. I have a family member who's done that a few times for county jury duty. I don't know if federal court is different.

^^

Especially, shua, if you take medications for your anxiety or digestive problems. Praying for the best!

Thanks, both of you.  I probably should have worked on getting a doctor's letter at the very beginning, just seemed like a big pain to figure out how to do that so I haven't felt like it made sense to unless I need it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 04:35:42 PM »

There is a woman I've taken a liking to. Her name is Noelle, and I've been dreaming about her. But she didn't know who I am, and she didn't give a damn about me.

Her boyfriend's a dick and brings a gun to school, and he'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth. He lives on my block and drives and IROC car. But, he doesn't know who I am or give a damn about me, either.

So prom night approaches, right? I feel like mold and I am lonely. Well, lo and behold, she walks up to me. I'm thinking, "This sh!t's gotta be fake." How the hell does she know who I am?

She scored two tickets to Iron Maiden! She said "Come with me Friday, don't say maybe, because I'm just a teenage dirtbag like you."

Oh yeah. Dirtbag. She doesn't know what she's missing.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 09:58:25 PM »

Today/tonight the university registration portal has been down for scheduled maintenance. 

Which is an ... interesting choice .. since it's also the last day of add/drop for 2nd half-term summer courses.  Squinting
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 09:41:51 PM »

Sad ?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2021, 08:20:12 PM »

had you been planning to, or all of a sudden?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2021, 07:45:43 PM »

The online proctoring programs universities/professors are making students use for exams are creepy as hell.   AI analysis on you through the camera & recording your screen, requiring ID and a room scan, etc.   Seems like students of an earlier generation would have made a much bigger fuss about it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2021, 10:04:57 PM »

The online proctoring programs universities/professors are making students use for exams are creepy as hell.   AI analysis on you through the camera & recording your screen, requiring ID and a room scan, etc.   Seems like students of an earlier generation would have made a much bigger fuss about it.

The alternative is to let you cheat or force you to walk into an exam center. At CFA exams, they had people stationed outside toilet stalls.

that too is creepy as hell.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2021, 11:54:14 PM »

its just like so much how you know, like things have never been ok and never will be

everything will just continue to get worse forever  :/

what makes you say that?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2022, 08:22:11 PM »

I'm not worth it, and I'm tired of people pretending that I am.
Not worth what exactly?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 03:55:20 PM »

Recovering from toe surgery, lied about pain in foot to get out of going to school.
Allowing yourself to get toe surgery was taking the lie pretty far, dont you think?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2022, 12:12:57 PM »

hello all

do u think it is possible for ppl or demonic entities to remote view ur dreams

i have been for the last few days it feels like in my sleeping brain there is a intruder viewing my dreams or hovering around me in my sleep

wild stuff, greatly concerning tho bcuz idk how to prevent demons from being in my brain while i am asleep

No, I don't believe that demons can do that.  Maybe it is also a dream?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2022, 09:27:47 PM »

Went to class in person on campus for the first time in a couple years, so I was excited by it, but then found a couple things that got me a little blackpilled / reactionary about the students, most of whom are much younger.

Where I have a class the campus does a lot to make the area nice, it's got a little pond and trees and different flowers there.  So it's especially jarring to see six or seven used masks left right there on the walkway.  At least it was near a trashcan so it was easy for me to clear up but also it was near a trashcan so why did I need to?

Coming out of class I noticed there was this guy wandering the halls in the building playing music or something vaguely like it off of his phone, loud enough you could hear it through the walls.  He was just letting it play as he walked around apparently aimlessly.. like what the heck is going on?  Is this the new normal?

The class itself was okay though I was struggling a bit to stay awake. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2022, 09:03:58 PM »

Coming out of class I noticed there was this guy wandering the halls in the building playing music or something vaguely like it off of his phone, loud enough you could hear it through the walls.  He was just letting it play as he walked around apparently aimlessly.. like what the heck is going on?  Is this the new normal?

Hoo, boy you just mentioned one of my pet peeves! I remember my freshman year (2013) when folks would walk into the dorm bathroom playing music off their phones, sans earbuds. Unfortunately, things seem to have not changed much since then. Meanwhile, I feel weird if strangers can even hear my half of a phone conversation.

Yeah it would be super aggravating in a dorm, but this was in an academic building which I thought people might recognize not to do at least.

but at least I didn't run into it again today, nor see any more masks on the ground on campus today.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2022, 09:43:16 PM »

And we checked out the boats they decked out for the holidays!

Did you recognize this boat?

REUTERS/Jason Reed
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2022, 10:31:59 PM »

For some reason, I couldn't find it! I thought that was the same boat until I saw the number. I do tend to pass by the Wisconsin quite frequently though.

But this was also an area of Norfolk I hadn't seen before. There's an Irish pub (the one we're pictured in) along with several other bars by this area, and the Little Theatre where we saw the show. I guess it's not stationed here, nor the USS John Warner which is closer to a neighborhood I lived in.

?  That *is* Wisconsin, number 64, all lit up in the picture, next to the Nauticus. 
https://nauticus.org/explore/battleship-exhibits/about-the-battleship/

yeah, I know the pub you mean; went there one time a few years ago.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2022, 01:50:29 PM »

A cat of mine had to be euthanized because they had a really bad case of cancer.

I am so sad right now.

sorry to hear that Sad
did you have the cat a long time?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2023, 09:18:36 AM »

You have to fly to the West Coast in order to fly between NY and London?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2023, 09:50:33 PM »

Today I accepted a Team Leader position with AmeriCorps NCCC FEMA Corps. It runs for 10 months and will be based out of Mississippi, and will (probably) involve travel across the country to various assignments.

I have been warned that aspects of this job will be Hell, but I figure there are few ways to get ready for management jobs than having to supervise eight to ten 18-26-year olds (as much as that sucks), and I will be very happy for the emergency management experience and potential after-service benefits. I am still not sure if that marks the final stop before I return to real work, but it at least means I don't have to make that decision until January of next year, and that I get to make that decision with a few more advantages than I have right now.

This year's plans get weirder and weirder... About a half hour ago I spoke with a FEMA Corps representative who told me that my offer had been extended too late, and as such it would apply instead to the summer FEMA Corps class. This is fine with me, as it means home base will be in Sacramento, CA rather than in Mississippi, and it gives me more time to travel between my European volunteer project(s) and the program. However, in the connecting email, another representative implied I might have to re-interview, instead of having my offer of employment simply be transferred... While I would presumably be more prepared for a second interview, the first one was pretty stressful owing to the number of leadership/personnel management questions that it asked. Tongue Chances are, I'll also have to do this interview while overseas, just like the last one.

Does this mean they are saying they offered you the position by mistake?!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2023, 08:06:02 PM »

Incandescent lightbulb ban comes into effect in a couple days and I'm pretty stressed out and ticked off about it.  I need soft yellow-white incandescent bulbs for when I'm trying to relax, especially before bed.  Trying to figure out what kinds I need to stock up on and how many for the sake of my sanity.  I believe there are some exceptions of certain kinds of incandescents that will still be available after Monday but I can find nowhere that lists them.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies