Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:33:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104235 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: June 04, 2021, 09:11:51 AM »

Today is the Feast of the Republic, commemorating the referendum held on June 2nd, 1946, in which Italians opted to change from a monarchy to our current form of government. Happy 75th birthday to the Italian Republic!

I have a friend who is very interested in Italian history who is quite left-wing (he reminds me of Nathan here in many ways) who says he would have voted for the King in 1946.

That is surely odd but it's an idiosyncrasy I can understand. Any particular reason for that?
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #651 on: June 04, 2021, 09:46:50 AM »

Today is the Feast of the Republic, commemorating the referendum held on June 2nd, 1946, in which Italians opted to change from a monarchy to our current form of government. Happy 75th birthday to the Italian Republic!

I have a friend who is very interested in Italian history who is quite left-wing (he reminds me of Nathan here in many ways) who says he would have voted for the King in 1946.

That is surely odd but it's an idiosyncrasy I can understand. Any particular reason for that?

Not sure - he is British and a constitutional monarchist though. He has links to Sardinia, which voted for the monarchy.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #652 on: June 04, 2021, 10:09:14 AM »

If you always push for what you desire in several fixed yet possible points, you値l succeed.

Today I stopped my obsessive hoarding and cleaned everything that needed to be done since I was 10. Felt good to finally let go of some stuff.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #653 on: June 04, 2021, 10:15:23 AM »

If you always push for what you desire in several fixed yet possible points, you値l succeed.

Today I stopped my obsessive hoarding and cleaned everything that needed to be done since I was 10. Felt good to finally let go of some stuff.

Good on you.

You kept all of the Stalin portraits on the wall though surely?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #654 on: June 04, 2021, 10:18:35 AM »

Good on you.

I never had them on my wall silly

I had them on my altar
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #655 on: June 04, 2021, 02:51:29 PM »

Good on you.

I had them on my altar

shhh. quiet....

I think I hear Slavoj Zizek spitting about something.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #656 on: June 04, 2021, 03:44:26 PM »

Good on you.

I had them on my altar

Makes sense. After all Stalin is the Soviet icon.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #657 on: June 04, 2021, 05:22:46 PM »

Good on you.

I had them on my altar

Makes sense. After all Stalin is the Soviet icon.
How can he not be with that bushy stache?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #658 on: June 04, 2021, 09:08:02 PM »

I will be keeping my current sig until the Canadiens are eliminated

But they keep winning!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #659 on: June 05, 2021, 01:49:05 PM »

For the first time in 16 months or so, went to a larger shopping mall in our hometown. Our county has dropped well below a 50 per 100k Coronavirus incidence and no tests for shopping are required any longer, making it much easier. The trip was really successful as I bought a new pair of shoes, two high-quality summer trousers and a linen dress shirt.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #660 on: June 08, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »

Every time I return to Missouri from Utah, I have a dream about The Big Earthquake (that's like 100 years overdue) hitting Salt Lake City. It is absolutely bizarre, especially since an earthquake (not The Big One though) actually did hit shortly after I left in March 2020.

After returning two days ago (the 6th), the dream hit last night. I was in the classroom of a high school English teacher I had (in Missouri), but somehow I knew we were actually in Utah, and despite the teacher being an English teacher, we were doing an art project (something about a cup that looked like a candle and was made of material that was cardboard but also was not...idk, dream-logic is happening here). Then it all started shaking, and then I woke up.

I need to figure out how to have more normal dreams.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #661 on: June 08, 2021, 10:58:20 PM »

i'm thinking i should make a dr appointment even tho i am afraid of what they will say

i have been having such bad stomach pains almost every day im actually starting to worry u know
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #662 on: June 08, 2021, 11:13:51 PM »

i'm thinking i should make a dr appointment even tho i am afraid of what they will say

i have been having such bad stomach pains almost every day im actually starting to worry u know
I知 honestly pretty terrified for you man. I know I was a massive d封k to you beforehand but please follow my strongly felt advice man

Go see a doctor
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #663 on: June 08, 2021, 11:18:51 PM »

No, absolutely will I not let my depression come now when I知 actually doing little changes I should have done then. I知 a bit stressed from the transitions, that痴 all.

I知 not going to let this get the best of me. Not now, not anymore. I am going to push hard against it, there痴 more strength and determination to match it than what I知 currently exerting.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #664 on: June 10, 2021, 12:30:04 AM »

I知 honestly pretty terrified for you man. I know I was a massive d封k to you beforehand but please follow my strongly felt advice man

Go see a doctor

You need to get that checked out ASAP! I知 very concerned for you. ☹️

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/guide/abdominal-pain-causes-treatments#1

Thanks guys (and no hard feelings PSOL I think you're a cool guy)

Just stress myself out so much concerned it's a stomach ulcer, but I guess I'll know definitively here soon hopefully and maybe get it treated.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #665 on: June 10, 2021, 05:05:43 PM »

Last Saturday I walked about 45 km, almost surely the longest distance I have ever covered in one day, from La Spezia to Levanto making a sacred visit to a sanctuary in the Val di Vara in between as part of a vow. It kind of destroyed my legs, but it was worth it.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #666 on: June 11, 2021, 03:15:49 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2021, 04:25:11 AM by Geoffrey Howe »

Yesterday I was cycling by Wellington Barracks and came across the Coldstream Guards practising, at full volume, The Star Spangled Banner, presumably for Joe Biden's visit.

Wellington Barracks:

Coldstream Guards (elsewhere):

(Wikipedia images)
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #667 on: June 11, 2021, 04:43:02 AM »

Last Saturday I walked about 45 km, almost surely the longest distance I have ever covered in one day, from La Spezia to Levanto making a sacred visit to a sanctuary in the Val di Vara in between as part of a vow. It kind of destroyed my legs, but it was worth it.

Great stuff! Do you plan to go to Santiago? (As it happens, my father has a longstanding ambition to spend a few weeks walking from La Rochelle to Santiago.)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #668 on: June 11, 2021, 05:47:47 AM »

Great stuff! Do you plan to go to Santiago? (As it happens, my father has a longstanding ambition to spend a few weeks walking from La Rochelle to Santiago.)

That's something I would like to do sometime in my life, but I'd say it's not in my proximate future plans. (As it happens, my father also has a longstanding ambition of doing the Camino de Santiago.)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #669 on: June 11, 2021, 07:48:51 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2021, 07:58:55 AM by tack50 »

Well, I just had a handful of good news back to back to back over the past 2 weeks or so.

First of all, I finally finished the final assignment for my college degree. I am now waiting for the university to tell me when I can go ahead and read it. And if I pass I will finally be done with college for good. One year late but whatever.

Secondly, I finally have an appointment for the covid vaccine. I should be getting vaccinated on the 19th of July, well ahead of my predicted schedule (I expected to get vaccinated on late August at best or autumn at worst)

Finally, I there is a good possibility of travelling for holidays for the first time since pre-covid; to meet up with some friends I haven't seen in 1 year and a half. So if it ends up working I am super excited for that possibility.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #670 on: June 16, 2021, 10:46:39 PM »

I try not to Post, yet I must Post.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #671 on: June 17, 2021, 05:30:53 AM »

Try Kellogg or General Mills instead.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #672 on: June 23, 2021, 11:30:59 PM »

Got a letter from Federal Court, East Virginia district "you have been selected to serve on a jury."   Filled out the reply online, got back an email that "there is no legal basis for granting your request" to be excused due to my anxiety & digestive disorders.  but "If you are selected to be on a Jury panel, the Judge in that trial will further review your request."    So, that's kind of stressful.  I'm not sure if I should do anything about the whole situation in the meantime.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #673 on: June 23, 2021, 11:54:47 PM »

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that shua! If you've seen a doctor for either of those conditions, you could try asking them to write a request to excuse you from the jury duty. I have a family member who's done that a few times for county jury duty. I don't know if federal court is different.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #674 on: June 24, 2021, 03:29:00 AM »

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that shua! If you've seen a doctor for either of those conditions, you could try asking them to write a request to excuse you from the jury duty. I have a family member who's done that a few times for county jury duty. I don't know if federal court is different.

^^

Especially, shua, if you take medications for your anxiety or digestive problems. Praying for the best!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies