Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:05:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 189400 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2014, 11:12:33 PM »

Before Bushie consummates this marriage, I think it's best he step outside his comfort zone and read up on it first: http://www.amazon.com/Big-Love-Revised-Relationships-People/dp/158761085X/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »

Before Bushie consummates this marriage, I think it's best he step outside his comfort zone and read up on it first: http://www.amazon.com/Big-Love-Revised-Relationships-People/dp/158761085X/

"Big Big Love"... "People of size"?  Just call it America: The Sex Guide.

No, that's for finding hookers.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 06:26:08 PM »

What happens if he gets a job, proposes to Allison and then loses the job shortly after proposing? That's not exactly an unlikely scenario given his history.

That's doubtful to happen.  If it happens, I will get another job as quickly as I can.

Would you finally accept retail or fast food if that urgent situation popped up?

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »

Marriage for Bushie will just be current life but with Allison sitting next to him watching TV while he posts on the Atlas instead of his mom. Expect no decline in Update.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2014, 12:46:02 PM »

What a happy day! I'm just amazed at how many call centers there are in Oklahoma considering Bushie has been fired by like 10 of them and yet he keeps finding more to apply to.

Oklahoma is the Rome of phone traffic.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2014, 06:14:28 PM »

Another call center.

Geez. The miracle is that he keeps getting hired at them.

I guess as long as they keep hiring him no sense in not taking the 2-3 weeks of training wage before getting chopped and moving on to the next 2-3 weeks of call center training.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2014, 11:48:48 PM »

Delay the proposal? I don't get it.

Proposal is the least commitment part of the commitment.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2014, 01:23:27 AM »

Why hasn't he sold the old ones? Makes more sense financially than taking out student loans for savings
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »

Why is your mom not selling the second ring?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2014, 12:01:03 AM »

Without someone chronically interrogating him who also carries formal authority on the board, he must feel like a lost puppy (RIP JJ).

We all know Bushie likes it rough.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2014, 06:07:46 PM »

So, I guess we didn't get a 4th of July proposal?

Doesn't sound like it. I fear Papa Allison put more strings on Bushie's proposal than he wants to tell us.

Papa Allison to Bushie:
"HA! I'LL LET YOU MARRY MY DAUGHTER WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!"
Bushie to Atlas:
"He said yes, but with a few strings attached!"
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »

The statistics certainly matchup with our Dear Friend's diet:

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2014, 06:56:07 PM »

He picked out all the apples and just had the syrup and crust with whipped cream, like a good American.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2014, 07:23:58 PM »

I've seen obese people work at Wal-Mart. Part of equal opportunity employment is to make jobs accessible to a handicap.

While I don't condone your sloth, I'm sure you could have a stool to sit on as a cashier.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2014, 10:00:26 PM »

Guys, I'm done with Update for a while.  I'm getting frustrated with several things, so instead of blowing up, I'm going to lay low on the Update for a while.  I will continue to talk on the rest of the forum, just no Update for a while.  I'm not going so far as to say I'll never post here again, but for a while, I'm taking an Update break.

I guess that answers our questions.

Yep, all of our worst fears are confirmed.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2014, 06:56:08 PM »

Bushie promised us he'd call after the 4th of July weekend. It's now Tuesday evening. Update?

Bushie is a good American and celebrates 4th of July until the 11th of July.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2014, 02:37:31 PM »

There's no way Bushie is close to under 300 lb.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2014, 01:29:39 AM »

If Bushie doesn't start walking soon, he'll be bed ridden. He'll wake up one morning incapable of standing.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2014, 02:50:01 PM »

Pregnancy scare is in orginal Update. Dukey, you're welcome.
Let me throw another monkey wrench into the fire.  Another reason I know we're going to make it through this together and stronger than ever. 

Here it is:  In 8 months from now, putting it in the late March time frame, if all goes well, I will be a father.  I'm not talking about a step-father, I'm talking about a REAL, biological father.  We went all the way while we were in Arkansas in late June, so that's why I put 8 months, instead of 9, because its already been nearly one month.

I may seem like a goody-two-shoes pious Christian man, but I am definitely not one of those, and I do have my faults.

Plus, every hint I keep getting from her; and I am getting small, subtle hints; are all positive.

I can't believe it's already been five years. Post really made me laugh hard reading it again.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2014, 03:38:48 PM »

Remember: There's an alternate timeline where Bushie got a job at Braums 5 years ago and is now managing it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2014, 06:06:49 PM »

Yeah, that was a dark time in my life.  I still regret having sex with her.  It's something I will always regret.  I know I am forgiven of that sin by Almighty God, but I still have to pay the consequence of regret.

Anyway, back to the present:

I am having a good day so far.  They are changing my schedule to 8-17 M-F starting this evening.  I will never work 9-18 or 10-19 like I thought.  Most things about this job are very good.  There a couple things I don't care for, but they are very minor things.  The rest of the job sounds pretty good.  It's not what I envisioned a year ago when I was about to start school, but it's alright.  It will pay the bills and has a great potential to be a keeper.  As long as I mind my P's and Q's and occasional R's, I should be okay!  I'm still not going to search for a job because I am too afraid of disturbing the water, if you will.

Just because of what happened last time, doesn't mean you don't search for a new job.  That shouldn't be the lesson.  The lesson should be, not to list that job as a reference.  I don't know why this needs to be explained.......

I may keep an eye on the jobs that come out, but I'm not going to make it a priority.  What is a priority is doing the best job that I can at this job and try to turn it into a long-lasting job.  I've got my priorities set for this job and while they may not be conventional or what everyone else would do, I believe they are the best priorities for me.  If you don't like them, you don't have to follow them.  But, don't say my priorities are wrong just because it's not what most other people would do.  Just to clarify: I'm not saying you're calling them wrong now, but just don't get the idea.

I have no idea what you just said.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2014, 06:19:10 PM »

Day 1 is over and I am now into Work Night #2.  It was a really good day.  It started off a little shaky, but by 11:00 it really turned around.  God changed my attitude about the position pretty early on today, so now I can focus on doing the very best job that I can at this place.  It's a great start and I am looking forward to a great day 2 on Thursday.  It is best for me to take this job one day at a time.  I can look forward to the future, but each day is a new opportunity, a new gift, to make the company proud, make myself proud, and make my girlfriend and family proud.  Most of all, it will allow me to honor and glorify my Heavenly Father.

Hope you get comfortable enough at this job to eventually admit you flunked out of CADD.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2014, 08:27:07 PM »

You all think it is the easiest change ever to go from a mindset of eating whatever I want to eating healthy.

That has nothing to do with your inability to walk 7 days a week, which is part of being a human, and can be turned on with the flip of a switch.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2014, 08:29:44 PM »

He probably needs to buy some pans first and maybe convince his parents to let him own knives.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 09:44:22 PM »

You guys need to lay off Bushie with the weight. He clearly has an addiction, and berating him isn't going to make things any better. He needs to hit 'rock bottom' to get better.

No, I'm pretty sure this is near his last chance to turn it around. He can't get any bigger or stay on this level for much more as he ages.

At current rate, he's going to lose his ability to walk before his 40th birthday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies