Update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:26:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: Update  (Read 57092 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2009, 12:58:15 AM »

And here comes the right-wing PC brigade, just in time to put out the fun-fire.

Ah, yes, it is so PC to stick up for people now (especially when those people happen to be unquestionably the kindest people here). You wouldn't know anything about that though.

By the way, you ought to give us some of your advice on this topic. Oh...wait. Er...sorry, buddy. Nevermind. The experiences with your "girl"friend wouldn't help with this conversation.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2009, 01:32:28 AM »

And here comes the right-wing PC brigade, just in time to put out the fun-fire.

Ah, yes, it is so PC to stick up for people now (especially when those people happen to be unquestionably the kindest people here). You wouldn't know anything about that though.

It most certainly is, as you've made a habit of only "sticking up" for the lowest-rent white trash here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ho noez! A useless hot-headed Dago just insulted my sexuality! But hey, at least I wasn't the one getting pounded under the altar.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2009, 07:23:13 AM »

It most certainly is, as you've made a habit of only "sticking up" for the lowest-rent white trash here.

BushOK is lower rent white trash? Wow. You're just too kind.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Really? That wasn't you getting it? Hmmm...I figured that could explain that giant stick up your ass attitude...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2009, 08:44:31 AM »

Other than Einzige, Phil, everyone here is supportive of BushOK in their postings, albiet a bit frustrated and somewhat pointed (myself included)....even Flyers.

You really dont need to defend BushOK - we're all behind him.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2009, 01:23:24 PM »

I don't say this very often, but I'm with Phil. Flyers is certainly not helping and I doubt he even believes that himself.

BushOK, all I can say is that I sympathize with you and with the information that the rest of us have putting an ultimatum before her NOW is the best course of action. This is true regardless of whether there is actually a chance of your relationship working out, or whether it is better for you to move on. I've been in similar situations before - girls always want to take breaks and stuff like that (remember Friends!), but you shouldn't go along with that. There is no point. Either you win her back directly, or you scare her enough to run back, or you break it off. But you do it ASAP. You've given it enough time allready.

At the same time, it is your life to live. You should do what you feel is best for you, not what some guys on the internet tell you to do. I'm sure you can find someone nicer than this girl.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2009, 01:27:55 PM »

I wonder what would happen if BushOK showed his fiancée this thread
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »

I wonder what would happen if BushOK showed his fiancée this thread

"I never met nobody who could figure out that Interweb before. You write real good."
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »

I don't say this very often, but I'm with Phil. Flyers is certainly not helping and I doubt he even believes that himself.

BushOK, all I can say is that I sympathize with you and with the information that the rest of us have putting an ultimatum before her NOW is the best course of action. This is true regardless of whether there is actually a chance of your relationship working out, or whether it is better for you to move on. I've been in similar situations before - girls always want to take breaks and stuff like that (remember Friends!), but you shouldn't go along with that. There is no point. Either you win her back directly, or you scare her enough to run back, or you break it off. But you do it ASAP. You've given it enough time allready.

At the same time, it is your life to live. You should do what you feel is best for you, not what some guys on the internet tell you to do. I'm sure you can find someone nicer than this girl.

Phil's basically on this thread as my PC message board police officer.  You do realize that? 
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »

I find myself (somewhat surprisingly) siding with Phil here.  Feel free to call me names if you wish, but I think that some of the comments here show a general lack of emotional maturity in their postings.

I am well aware how the semi-anonymity of the internet gives some the sense that they can act rudely toward others with impunity (and a lack of empathy), or even allow them to convince themselves that the target of their abuse "isn't real" to them in some way.

This is known as the Online disinhibition effect, or more informally as the Greater Internet F***wad Theory.

TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2009, 07:50:39 PM »

I find myself (somewhat surprisingly) siding with Phil here.  Feel free to call me names if you wish, but I think that some of the comments here show a general lack of emotional maturity in their postings.

I am well aware how the semi-anonymity of the internet gives some the sense that they can act rudely toward others with impunity (and a lack of empathy), or even allow them to convince themselves that the target of their abuse "isn't real" to them in some way.

This is known as the Online disinhibition effect, or more informally as the Greater Internet F***wad Theory.

I think myself and even AHDuke mean well, but sometimes a guy needs a kick in the ass to realize his needy ways, myself included.  I know I've become so enamored with dating at times I lose sight of my own pride and self-esteem.  This is CLEARLY the case with BushOK.  Sometimes other people need to keep certain things in check.  I have friends tell me I'm doing sh**t wrong all the time.

For me this is painful as hell to watch considering me and BushOK have a lot of similarities barring the religious stuff.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2009, 09:30:37 PM »

I think myself and even AHDuke mean well, but sometimes a guy needs a kick in the ass to realize his needy ways, myself included. I have friends tell me I'm doing sh**t wrong all the time.

Absolutely no offense intended Flyers, as I really do like you, but maybe now is one of those times you need a kick in the ass for being needy. You've said your piece and made your point several pages ago -- you can stop now. This entire thread would be half as long and considerably more substantive if it hadn't devolved into a ridiculous back-and-forth between you, Phil and a few others. We all wanted to help BushOK, but our advice -- regardless of the tone it took -- has been lost beneath several pages of a few very selfish and needy people trying to make their points, not in support of BushOK, but against each other.

And for those of you who regularly do this to threads -- you're not changing each others' minds. In fact, you're just egging each other on and perpetuating the type of posting that you claim to dislike so much. Grow up, get over the personal insults and learn to ignore those posts that irritate you. This type of garbage would have ended on this thread already if all of you would just quit replying to each other.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2009, 09:58:01 PM »

Good luck with everything BushOK.

[/END OF MY POSTS IN THIS THREAD]
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2009, 01:07:10 AM »

I've grown to hate just about everything involved in this thread.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2009, 03:47:29 AM »

When you put your life out there on the interwebs you're vulnerable to the interpretations of many people.  Many of those people care, more do not.  There are two possible reactions one could have to this babying:

1. The people "protecting" BushOK have an incredibly inflated sense of self worth, thinking that what any of us internet strangers actually has a serious effect on someone's real life.

2. BushOK does take it to heart and he needs to learn to take things like the opinion of those on the internet into perspective.

My suspicion is a combination of the two, both being exhibited in far too high proportions.  That's also why I've suggested BushOK take some time off from the computer and focus on his face to face socialization.

I don't really understand what you mean, but I wanted to make clear that to me it is irrelevant whether BushOK is actually hurt by what anyone here says. Being cruel is not excused by the fact that the person doesn't or shouldn't care about the cruelties.

And I also understand that harsh advice is sometimes needed. But that's something you give out to people you actually know well enough to talk to them that way. And there is a line between harsh but honest on the one hand and mean and disrespectful on the other.

For the record, I don't think everyone here who were "harsh" were over the line. I named Flyers. I think there were a couple of others who didn't even pretend to be caring (like Rob or Einzige).

Anyway, I hope you can pick yourself up from this, BushOK. Good luck with that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2009, 06:43:06 AM »

YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE A "NICE GUY"

REMEMBER, NICE GUYS DON'T GET ANY

YOU'VE GOTTA BE A JERK, OR ELSE SHE'LL BE "PROCESSING"
I once thought this way as well and there is some merit to it...but in my experience it seems to not be a Nice Guy vs Jerk thing and women go for the Jerk...no.  It's a Pussy vs Jerk thing.  Don't be a carpet.  Some women may want that, but not the kind you'd want as a wife.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2009, 08:40:44 AM »

I've grown to hate just about everything involved in this thread.

But i bet you've read every posting  Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2009, 10:29:46 PM »

Let me throw another monkey wrench into the fire.  Another reason I know we're going to make it through this together and stronger than ever. 

Here it is:  In 8 months from now, putting it in the late March time frame, if all goes well, I will be a father.  I'm not talking about a step-father, I'm talking about a REAL, biological father.  We went all the way while we were in Arkansas in late June, so that's why I put 8 months, instead of 9, because its already been nearly one month.

I may seem like a goody-two-shoes pious Christian man, but I am definitely not one of those, and I do have my faults.

Plus, every hint I keep getting from her; and I am getting small, subtle hints; are all positive.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2009, 10:40:36 PM »

Let me throw another monkey wrench into the fire.  Another reason I know we're going to make it through this together and stronger than ever. 

Here it is:  In 8 months from now, putting it in the late March time frame, if all goes well, I will be a father.  I'm not talking about a step-father, I'm talking about a REAL, biological father.  We went all the way while we were in Arkansas in late June, so that's why I put 8 months, instead of 9, because its already been nearly one month.

I may seem like a goody-two-shoes pious Christian man, but I am definitely not one of those, and I do have my faults.

Plus, every hint I keep getting from her; and I am getting small, subtle hints; are all positive.

WHAT
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2009, 10:45:12 PM »

Do you know she's pregnant? Late-June to July 21 is a pretty short time-frame to positively find out such a thing.

If so, congratulations -- as ill-timed and accidental as it may be. Regardless of how things work out with her (and I am one of those who believes that couples should not force themselves to stay together), your commitment to the child is critical, and I have no doubt you'd do all you can to care for it, whether you're married or not.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2009, 10:55:41 PM »

so i take it you were hoping to impregnate this woman during this sexual encounter?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2009, 10:59:17 PM »

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

This can't be happening.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »

Haha, I've been coming to the Atlas Forum recently just for this topic. What a twist.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2009, 11:50:28 PM »

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2009, 12:05:19 AM »

I'm beginning to think BushOK is an elaborate troll.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2009, 12:16:06 AM »

lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to: