JohanusCalvinusLibertas versus George W. Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:19:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  JohanusCalvinusLibertas versus George W. Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Who do you vote for/who wins?
JCL/JCL

JCL/Bush

Bush/JCL

Bush/Bush

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: JohanusCalvinusLibertas versus George W. Bush  (Read 8312 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 10:55:07 AM »

I want to go back to pre 9-11 standards of airport security

Amen
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2011, 11:16:33 AM by Jake the Snake Roberts »

Sure, JCL might not be the brightest or the most sane apple from the tree, but he's still better than PURE EVIL.

I can bet when nutjob like JCL would gain a power, he'd be even worse.

So nutjob like JCL would bomb even more browns and take away more civil liberties than Georgie?

I have no desire to bomb more browns. I have friends who happen to be browns. As for civil liberties, I'm far more open to the idea of the decriminalization of weed than Bush would ever be. I want to go back to pre 9-11 standards of airport security, I'd fight to deny the federal government the ability to have say regarding marriage.

Dude, sarcasm.
In other words I highly doubt you would bomb browns or take away liberties.

Man people, quit taking this crap too literally.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 11:27:46 AM »

Sarcasm and I have a rather tenuous relationship.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »

'Cause those kept us damn safe!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, 03:53:13 PM »

@Mechaman

Okay, because I myself get sick of people using the word "browns" when sarcastically referring to the views of people that are either against immigration, or against illegal immigration, and I'll usually take accusations of racism by people against me or someone with a somewhat similar ideology personally, because, well, I don't like being accused of racism.
And, yeah, I know that Bush was more pro-immigration than most Conservatives, and maybe most Republicans. So, yeah, sorry for the blow-up. I feel like writing some more to explain myself, but it wouldn't really clear anything up, so I won't. I just get annoyed when someone of an ideology at least somewhat similar to mine is accused of racism and murder because of their policies.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 03:57:34 PM »

@Mechaman

Okay, because I myself get sick of people using the word "browns"

Please keep in mind I'm not American, but what's wrong with "browns" word?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »

@Mechaman

I've never actually heard it in real life, but I assume it's a racial slur referring to people who are from Latin America, Africa, etc. The only times I've heard it used are when a poster sarcastically says what an "anti-immigration" person might be saying.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2011, 04:25:55 PM by Jake the Snake Roberts »

@Mechaman

Okay, because I myself get sick of people using the word "browns" when sarcastically referring to the views of people that are either against immigration, or against illegal immigration, and I'll usually take accusations of racism by people against me or someone with a somewhat similar ideology personally, because, well, I don't like being accused of racism.
And, yeah, I know that Bush was more pro-immigration than most Conservatives, and maybe most Republicans. So, yeah, sorry for the blow-up. I feel like writing some more to explain myself, but it wouldn't really clear anything up, so I won't. I just get annoyed when someone of an ideology at least somewhat similar to mine is accused of racism and murder because of their policies.

It's cool bro.  I'll be honest I had to re-edit my post a few times until I realized that "hey the way I said this could lead to it being misinterpreted by Cathcon so you know it really is just as my fault as it is his."  What I found is that if you look at things from a fresh perspective, from a read the lines left to right kind of perspective and not up and down, something you said can be misinterpreted.  So I apologize on my part.
Dude, it's not really your fault at all, I'm more to blame here because I do dick around a lot.  You won't believe how much trouble I got into when I was your age because I was not a serious person.  And being your age and have your hormones flying I understand how you could take something I said, especially something said in jest, so seriously.  When I was your age I got into all out shouting matches with other people over completely stupid sh*t, like whether metal was better than rap, going apesh*t on people who thought punk or hipster music was better than metal music, pretty much any music argument I guess, how Black Sabbath was the best rock band ever (and then later it became Yes), getting pissed at people who dissed professional wrestling, fighting over whether SNES or N64 was the better system, Darth Maul is the most overrated Star Wars character ever, John Cena is the biggest piece of crap ever, yada yada yadie.  I mean sh*t probably way stupider than what you exploded about earlier, so no biggie Smiley.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »

@Mechaman

I've never actually heard it in real life, but I assume it's a racial slur referring to people who are from Latin America, Africa, etc. The only times I've heard it used are when a poster sarcastically says what an "anti-immigration" person might be saying.

I didn't really hear "browns" used in debate until I got on here in 2009 and dead0man was making fun of Democrats for "only having qualms about bombing browns when a Republican is President."
So yeah most of the time when I say "browns" I'm referencing deadsie.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »

Also kept our junk safe. Jussayin.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »

3rded!!!!
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 12:30:43 PM »

I want to go back to pre 9-11 standards of airport security

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 01:24:23 PM »

It would keep the TSA away from our junk.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 03:23:53 PM »

I don't think I've ever see someone actually campaign in a forum poll about them.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 03:30:57 PM »

I don't think I've ever see someone actually campaign in a forum poll about them.

I once made a few posts in a thread about me vs Antonio V explaining to States why he's an idiot if he would vote for Antonio over myself (considering how much friendlier to federalism and low tax economics than Antonio).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 02:22:16 AM »

Sure, JCL might not be the brightest or the most sane apple from the tree, but he's still better than PURE EVIL.

So nutjob like JCL would bomb even more browns and take away more civil liberties than Georgie?

I have no desire to bomb more browns. I have friends who happen to be browns. As for civil liberties, I'm far more open to the idea of the decriminalization of weed than Bush would ever be. I want to go back to pre 9-11 standards of airport security, I'd fight to deny the federal government the ability to have say regarding marriage.

That's all well and good... but why on Earth are you a birther? Holding on to the beliefs of birtherism just screams ''racist'' at this point.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 04:23:13 AM »

I once made a few posts in a thread about me vs Antonio V explaining to States why he's an idiot if he would vote for Antonio over myself (considering how much friendlier to federalism and low tax economics than Antonio).

He actually voted for me ? Grin

LOL, and consider I'd vote for plague over States. Roll Eyes
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »

That's all well and good... but why on Earth are you a birther? Holding on to the beliefs of birtherism just screams ''racist'' at this point.

It doesn't scream "racist" to me to question wether or not someone is qualified to run for president. I would've been on Chester Arthur's case as well as Mitt's dad.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »

It doesn't scream "racist" to me to question wether or not someone is qualified to run for president. I would've been on Chester Arthur's case as well as Mitt's dad.

So you're burnin' and grillin' just for the sake of burnin' and grillin'?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »

I want to know the truth. That is not "burnin' and grillin' for the sake of burnin' and grillin'"
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2011, 07:48:37 AM »

I want to know the truth. That is not "burnin' and grillin' for the sake of burnin' and grillin'"

The truth was revealed earlier this month.  Why do you continue to be skeptical, especially after the fact that Obama keeps releasing every form requested of him.  You don't think the people in charge of election registrations don't check to see if people qualify for president?  Now it's harder than ever to pull the wool over peoples' eyes.
Just saying.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2011, 09:14:38 PM »

gwb/gwb
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2011, 10:15:47 PM by The Mikado »

Him, for the win.

Also,

Best manga ever.

It's worth pointing out that a few chapters after that, W. becomes the most badass character in the series.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2011, 11:19:17 PM »

He showed his birth certificate. The case is closed.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 11:12:58 PM »

Look into his Indonesian citizenship as a child via Lolo Sotero.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies