Interesting DailyKos article about Palin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:22:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Interesting DailyKos article about Palin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Interesting DailyKos article about Palin  (Read 13663 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: August 30, 2008, 04:59:38 PM »

It's not proven, but there does make an interesting argument.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 05:10:31 PM »

I gotta say -- I want Palin to lose.  But I have never considered Kos credible on anything, except his own experiences in the war.

I like Markos, I really do.  But news source?  Feh.

Markos didn't post this; some random poster on his website did.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 05:12:17 PM »

We'll have universal health care for you soon enough.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »

\
By the way, since I don't feel like reading through all of that article, someone please tell me how they think Palin's daughter got in and out of a hospital, gave birth and covered up every loose end?

Here's something to go on anyway:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A lot of folks needed to be in on the fraud, falsifying the birth papers and the lot.  The hospital and the doctors could lose their license. In a word, it's ludicrous.

I don't think people are claiming that birth certificates were falsified. Sarah could have adopted Trig, if Trig is in fact her grandson.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »

If this is true, Palin is history.  I would be the first to call for her political execution.

But, of course, I think the idea is a load of crap.

I can only hope the DNC runs ads accusing her of this.  The best strategy for the Dems is to never mention the name of Sarah Palin.  She is going to be like the Incredible Hulk - the more you jack with her, the bigger she gets.

I think the obvious truth is that the woman is a phenom of beauty and health, and wanted to get back to work as soon as possible after the birth in April because she was in talks with the McCain camp and didn't want to blow her shot because she sensed that McCain thought the world of her.

Obviously the DNC would need more evidence.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »

Furthermore, if this were true...why the HECK would Palin accept the VP slot knowing that everything in her and her family's past was going to be put underneath a microscope?

doesn't pass the sniff test

Why did John Edwards run for President  in 2008 despite his recent affair?
Why did Richard Nixon run for re-election in 1972 despite his involvement in Watergate?
Why was Harriet Miers nominated by Bush?
Why was Eagleton nominated in 1972?

It is almost beyond comprehension that people here are promoting this smear.

I also read on DailyKos that 9/11 was an inside job.  They had lots and lots of "proof."

If someone said that, they were just some random lunatic, and not representative of the site.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »

It turns out that there is currently a DailyKos diary on the recommended list arguing against this, so this probably won't go anywhere.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/1744/30665/178/580523
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »

Even if this is all true (which is unlikely for reasons touched on here) this is not a road the Democrats should even think of taking. Abandon all thoughts of playing this game, it's the way to disaster and utter ruin.

Btw, I think it's reasonable to assume that if Palin were the Democratic candidate for VP, DailyKos and so on would be spitting feathers about this. A nice way of working out whether you're going too far, is to imagine what your reaction would be if parties and so on were reversed.

FreeRepublic does crazy sh**t all the time and no one pays any attention to them.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »

I have lost all respect for Daily Kos. That site jumped the shark on May 23, 2008. It is now a grotesque updated version of the Free Republic, only more frightening because it approaches politics from the side I find myself in more agreement with.

Anyone can post a diary there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »

I have lost all respect for Daily Kos. That site jumped the shark on May 23, 2008. It is now a grotesque updated version of the Free Republic, only more frightening because it approaches politics from the side I find myself in more agreement with.

And maybe that is part of the problem? This is a recc'd diary. In such situations the community must be self-policing. The DKos community stopped being self-policing a long time ago.

It hasn't been on the recommended list for a while. More recently there was some diary arguing against that first diary. I think you're just out to bash DailyKos.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 10:01:21 PM »

And maybe that is part of the problem? This is a recc'd diary. In such situations the community must be self-policing. The DKos community stopped being self-policing a long time ago.

It hasn't been on the recommended list for a while. More recently there was some diary arguing against that first diary. I think you're just out to bash DailyKos.

Well that is good to know. I'm not just out to bash Daily Kos, I still read it. But they go too far at times. Before the Edwards affair was admitted, some people who brought up its possible truthfulness were driven away as trolls.

Here is the latter diary.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/1744/30665
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies