Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:05:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention  (Read 9935 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« on: June 23, 2008, 09:04:28 PM »

There's enough of us now, I think.

First things first. The floor is open for nominations for Party Chairman.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »

I accept the nomination

further nominations are welcome and there will be a vote in the event of multiple accepted nominations.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:47:10 PM »

here's a tip:

get elected to something.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:23:25 AM »

Your first office was Southeast Lieutenant Governor. I don't think you quite understand how much harder it is to win in the Pacific than in the Southeast or the Mideast or, after having built up a record in easy regions, on a national level: you hardly lifted a finger this last election and got second place. Ever wondered why Meeker is registered in Virginia rather than Washington? There's a reason for it.

I did a whole lot of work in my Senate campaign, probably more than you have in all yours combined. Very little of it was public, but I did massive amounts of work behind-the-scenes. How do you think Torie managed to accomplish what he has? Not all by himself, that's for sure.

I'd like to think that that's worthy of some respect. But I guess not.

EDIT: Look at how AHDuke just got elected to your first office.
... and you have nothing to show for it, unfortunately. I'd rather have you in the senate than Friz, obviously, but that wasn't going to and isn't going to happen. Nobody's forcing you to stay in the Pacific.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:29:08 AM »

I'll nominate Sensei to be the party chair as well, however, I think once we get to having a vice-chair we should pick a more conservative member to maintain balance
good to have you on board.

If anybody wants to nominate anyone else, do so in the next 24 hours. If not, I will assume the chairmanship at that time, then nominations for vice chair shall commence.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »

Your first office was Southeast Lieutenant Governor. I don't think you quite understand how much harder it is to win in the Pacific than in the Southeast or the Mideast or, after having built up a record in easy regions, on a national level: you hardly lifted a finger this last election and got second place. Ever wondered why Meeker is registered in Virginia rather than Washington? There's a reason for it.

I did a whole lot of work in my Senate campaign, probably more than you have in all yours combined. Very little of it was public, but I did massive amounts of work behind-the-scenes. How do you think Torie managed to accomplish what he has? Not all by himself, that's for sure.

I'd like to think that that's worthy of some respect. But I guess not.

EDIT: Look at how AHDuke just got elected to your first office.
... and you have nothing to show for it, unfortunately. I'd rather have you in the senate than Friz, obviously, but that wasn't going to and isn't going to happen. Nobody's forcing you to stay in the Pacific.

Exactly.  Move to the Midwest or Northeast, or Southeast.  Stay out of the Mideast; there's already a backup of office seekers.

The Midwest has cake!

But does it have an available position?

...cake!

Something more substantial than cake would be nice...
carrot cake
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »

We're focused on reforming the governmental and game system right now. It's not ideologically based - thus the "unity".

Reforms such as?...
Getting the GM back (or perhaps a GM "team"), using said GM (or GM team) to produce a budget, among other things
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 04:25:49 AM »

Well, Xahar, most of the regions are little more than dictatorships, self-parodies or one-party states nowadays. The Pacific has a political system akin to Singapore or Putin's Russia except with the JCP and Jesus instead of United Russia and Vladimir Putin. The Northeast is a NLC fief sort of like ANC fief South Africa. Much like that state non-dominant party members can win positions, see Lt. Governor Lief for the Northeast and some of the provincial Premiers in South Africa. The Midwest has all the political freedom of China, Egypt, or Belarus, the only difference is Verin hasn't had to shoot dissenters yet. Only Verin's supported candidates win and the government is about as non-competitive as can be.

The Mideast and Southeast are the self-parodies. The Mideast has never had good administration and the Southeast has gone from one of the most active regions in Atlasia to a basketcase. As for your chances anywhere, they are best in the Northeast and Southeast. The Northeast because we sometimes throw a bone to the, still rather substantial, minority of regional leftists, Earl and Lief being the two most prominent. The Southeast just has such bad candidates that you might be a better option for even the conservative Southrons.
I resent the Mideast being lumped in with the Southeast.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I nominate Meeker for Vice-Chair
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »

OK, I'll get this going to make sure we do not go dormant. 

1.) Meeker must either accept or deny the nomination for vice-chair
          -If accepted we move to a vote for vice-chair
          -If not accepted MasterJedi is unanimously named vice-chair
2.) We need to vote on the "No Xahar" platform

What I care more about than this (waiting a little) is where the hell Meeker is since he needs to be running the Senate.

In fact, there is a Vice Presidential nominee awaiting confirmation.
if Meeker doesn't turn up and accept the nomination in 24 hours, Jedi will get the position.

For now we will vote on the "No Xahar" position.

Aye
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 08:23:57 PM »

Aye, although a "No Gporter or Benconstine or Anyone Else Who Has Lost Every Election They Run In" Clause might also be apt

I've been elected Lt. Governor of the Mideast twice.
I'll scrath the last comment and replace it with won a contested election

I beat Inks in my first run.
I'm sure if a revote were held you would lose big time.  Anyway, the motion will not be voted on right now anyway. 
Inks beat him for governor afterwards, but the result was called back because the booth was opened a month before it was supposed to.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 07:42:52 PM »

The following item is up to a vote
The Atlasian Unity Bloc does not take sides on political matters and its sole purpose is to elect leaders who will be active for the citizens in their roles.

aye
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 08:30:02 PM »

if there's nothing else, I will call the convention to adjournment.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »

The following object is up to a vote

Southeast Senate Endorsement

-DownWithTheLeft
-Sam Spade
-Bacon King
-Gporter

vote
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 02:35:57 PM »

Sam Spade
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »

Well, looks like the party is off to a wonderful start
The party plank says to endorse candidates who will be active and do well in their position, and I did just that. You seemed to be unpopular in your last tenure in the Senate, and you've gotten less confrontational since, but your re-entry to Atlasian politics is fairly recent and I want to wait a while before I vote to have the party endorse you. All of the candidates are either sitting or former senators, and (except gporter) are perfectly able to do the job correctly.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 09:25:23 AM »

DWTL, if we don't support party members what good are we?
I can't tell if that's an endorsement for me or if you are questioning Smiley

Vote for you
Yeah, I figured thanks Smiley  FTR, does the chairman wish to accept or deny Xahar's vote?  I am unsure on how the plank is to be interpreted
he can endorse, he just can't be endorsed.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 08:02:48 PM »

I suppose Down could do a good job, but Bacon King has proven to be a good Senator as well.

I'll pull a Jedi and vote for both of them.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 08:47:24 PM »

It seems a little silly for a fledgling party like us to not endorse one of our most active members for the Senate... shouldn't we be trying to get as many members into that body as possible?

Just my personal opinion.
He's been very active and I thank him for that, but he's also pretty controversial.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 04:39:10 PM »

The AUB is expanding worldwide!!!!!
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 08:20:01 PM »

I think we can say that the idea of a non-ideological party was a failure, but I think it was worth a shot.

The best thing to do at this point is to disband the party and let the members scatter as they may.

Also, Down is an idiot jerkface for the whole secession thing.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 09:26:33 PM »

Also, Down is an idiot jerkface for the whole secession thing.
Smiley

Maybe the AUB could have lasted if the last elections had gone differently...

As in, the ones that took place before the party's formation? Or the special election?
The regional elections last time and the special election.  My loss coupled with HappyWarrior's 3rd place finish kind of ended us as a party.
dude. we never started as a party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies