Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:46:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention  (Read 10033 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2008, 09:25:23 AM »

DWTL, if we don't support party members what good are we?
I can't tell if that's an endorsement for me or if you are questioning Smiley

Vote for you
Yeah, I figured thanks Smiley  FTR, does the chairman wish to accept or deny Xahar's vote?  I am unsure on how the plank is to be interpreted
he can endorse, he just can't be endorsed.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2008, 12:01:31 PM by Sen. DownWithTheLeft »

Tally:
DWTL - 3 (DWTL, HappyWarrior, Meeker)
Bacon King - 2 (Ben, EarlAW)
Gporter - 1 (Xahar)

Yet to vote - 4 (MasterJedi, SoS, SPC, MATCHU)

NOTE: Sensei cast a vote for Sam Spade, who is no longer a candidate
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »

DWTL
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2008, 12:20:51 PM »

I also urge all party members and members of the general public to introduce this for consideration on their local ballots and and in their Legislatures:

Call for a Constitutional Convention

In accordance with Article VII, Section 2 of the Second Constitution of Atlasia, the citizens of the [INSERT YOUR AWESOME REGION HERE] do hereby formally request and petition the President and Senate of Atlasia to call a Constitutional Convention.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2008, 12:23:40 PM »

I also urge all party members and members of the general public to introduce this for consideration on their local ballots and and in their Legislatures:

Call for a Constitutional Convention

In accordance with Article VII, Section 2 of the Second Constitution of Atlasia, the citizens of the [INSERT YOUR AWESOME REGION HERE] do hereby formally request and petition the President and Senate of Atlasia to call a Constitutional Convention.
This one I have a little bit of a qualm with, what kind of your changes are we calling for?  If we try to re-introduce the proposed 3rd constitution, I would be 100% against as I was then, and was most of Atlasia as shown by the voting results.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2008, 12:30:33 PM »

I have no idea what the Third Constitution of Atlasia is, so the idea is certainly not to institute it.

The reasoning is the same I proposed when Sensei and I were running for the Presidency, outlined here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=77795.0

This was also kind of one of the main purposes of starting the AUB...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2008, 12:32:53 PM »

I have no idea what the Third Constitution of Atlasia is, so the idea is certainly not to institute it.

The reasoning is the same I proposed when Sensei and I were running for the Presidency, outlined here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=77795.0

That I could support, barring it does not turn into the idea of eliminating American style of government for a parlimentary one
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »

That I could support, barring it does not turn into the idea of eliminating American style of government for a parlimentary one

I personally would not support that.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2008, 01:20:44 PM »

No, we're not doing that one. It wasn't a bad idea, but it would defeat the purpose of the game.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2008, 06:12:13 PM »

I vote for DWTL and Bacon King.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2008, 06:15:25 PM »

Would you like to vote for Gporter as well Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »

Ah, NO.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2008, 07:20:42 AM by Sen. DownWithTheLeft »

UPDATE:

Tally:
DWTL - 6 (DWTL, HappyWarrior, Meeker, MasterJedi, Sensei, SPC)
Bacon King - 4 (Ben, EarlAW, MasterJedi, Sensei)
Gporter - 1 (Xahar)

Yet to vote - 3 (SoS, MATCHU, Lief)

The vote wil remain open for another 24 hours or so
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2008, 08:02:48 PM »

I suppose Down could do a good job, but Bacon King has proven to be a good Senator as well.

I'll pull a Jedi and vote for both of them.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2008, 08:43:59 PM »

It seems a little silly for a fledgling party like us to not endorse one of our most active members for the Senate... shouldn't we be trying to get as many members into that body as possible?

Just my personal opinion.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2008, 08:47:24 PM »

It seems a little silly for a fledgling party like us to not endorse one of our most active members for the Senate... shouldn't we be trying to get as many members into that body as possible?

Just my personal opinion.
He's been very active and I thank him for that, but he's also pretty controversial.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2008, 08:51:47 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2008, 08:56:16 PM by Senator Colin Wixted »

No, we're not doing that one. It wasn't a bad idea, but it would defeat the purpose of the game.

I thought the purpose of this game was running elections and governing. We stopped being a US Government Sim a hell of a long time ago. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, am I the only one who realizes this?

On a more serious note though, I do believe that the Atlasian system, as promulgated in the Second Constitution, needs change and reform. Let's not make this some sacred document like the American one turned into, it needs to be changed and updated with time, especially if you consider it was written by Peter, Al, and myself in the wee hours of the morning. So the AUB has the support of this NLCer in that respect.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2008, 12:11:38 AM »

DWTL.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2008, 04:21:11 PM »

Bump.

I want the announcement, Sensei. Smiley
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2008, 04:39:10 PM »

The AUB is expanding worldwide!!!!!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »

As in, outside of the Mideast?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »

We do need a national opposition party.  It's a worrisome trend.  We have the JCP, which has next to no strength outside the Pacific, the SDP, which has a great deal of strength in the Pacific, but only a token presence elsewhere (despite accidentally possessing the Northeast's governorship), and the AUB, which is dying even in its Mideastern stronghold.

Perhaps if the JCP and the SDP fused, you'd have a strong leftist alternative party.

Of course, as a PRI United Russia NLC member, my only reason for wanting a viable opposition is that otherwise, people will lose interest in Atlasia.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2008, 07:39:06 PM »

We do need a national opposition party.  It's a worrisome trend.  We have the JCP, which has next to no strength outside the Pacific, the SDP, which has a great deal of strength in the Pacific, but only a token presence elsewhere (despite accidentally possessing the Northeast's governorship), and the AUB, which is dying even in its Mideastern stronghold.

Perhaps if the JCP and the SDP fused, you'd have a strong leftist alternative party.

Of course, as a PRI United Russia NLC member, my only reason for wanting a viable opposition is that otherwise, people will lose interest in Atlasia.

Agreed. One of my main reasons for opposing the loss of regionally-elected Senate seats is that since the NLC is so much larger than all the other parties, a Senate elected totally by PR, in two classes, would probably see seven or eight NLC Senators. Can you say veto-proof majority?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2008, 08:20:01 PM »

I think we can say that the idea of a non-ideological party was a failure, but I think it was worth a shot.

The best thing to do at this point is to disband the party and let the members scatter as they may.

Also, Down is an idiot jerkface for the whole secession thing.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2008, 09:13:55 PM »

Agreed. One of my main reasons for opposing the loss of regionally-elected Senate seats is that since the NLC is so much larger than all the other parties, a Senate elected totally by PR, in two classes, would probably see seven or eight NLC Senators. Can you say veto-proof majority?

No. The Atlasian left is, combined, just as large as the NLC. Besides, party discipline is nonexistent in the Senate. There is no concept of a veto-proof majority.

I think we can say that the idea of a non-ideological party was a failure, but I think it was worth a shot.

The best thing to do at this point is to disband the party and let the members scatter as they may.

Also, Down is an idiot jerkface for the whole secession thing.

I agree completely, FWIW.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies