Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:01:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146679 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: April 22, 2020, 01:11:39 PM »
« edited: April 22, 2020, 01:14:47 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

as we all know, anyone with student loans cannot be sexually assaulted and is surely lying about it

Honey in America we have this thing called presumption of innocence, remember when AP interviewed 21 people and what? 21 of them said it didn't happen.
There's a high standard of proof for throwing someone in prison. Let's try to set our standards a little higher when discussing who should get to be president.

Anyway, none of that is a defense of the absurd claim that Reade's student loan debt affects her credibility.

Have you tried selling strawmen on Etsy?  You seem to have built more than you know what to do with.

Thank God we don't all live in your ideal world where the mere existence of an allegation, no matter how obviously false, is enough to permanently destroy someone's career and reputation.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #476 on: April 22, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »

Biden should just pick her as his running mate. Problem solved. Tongue
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #477 on: April 22, 2020, 02:33:02 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2020, 02:39:23 PM by pppolitics »

as we all know, anyone with student loans cannot be sexually assaulted and is surely lying about it

Honey in America we have this thing called presumption of innocence, remember when AP interviewed 21 people and what? 21 of them said it didn't happen.
There's a high standard of proof for throwing someone in prison. Let's try to set our standards a little higher when discussing who should get to be president.

Anyway, none of that is a defense of the absurd claim that Reade's student loan debt affects her credibility.

Let's try setting our standards a little higher than to believe a compulsive liar who constantly changes story.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #478 on: April 22, 2020, 02:56:33 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2020, 03:02:13 PM by pppolitics »

Biden Accuser, Tara Reade, Allegedly Stole from Non-Profit Organization

https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/biden-accuser-tara-reade-allegedly-stole-from-a-non-profit-organization-e276cac68a2b

Interview with the owner of a Watsonville, California-based non-profit horse rescue exposes allegations of theft and deceit on the part of Tara Reade.

“Look, this isn’t about protecting women. This isn’t about the #metoo movement. This isn’t about Joe Biden. This is about truth. Tara Reade stole from me. She lied to me. She stole from my organization. She manipulated me and she duped me. I want that to be shared because it’s important information. And I have documentation, images and emails to prove it.”

— Lynn Hummer, Founder/President of Pregnant Mare Rescue and self-proclaimed ‘feminist’

Since Alexandra Tara Reade’s sexual assault allegations against former Vice President Joe Biden have come to light, careful examination of her account unveils more questions than answers.

Three weeks ago, we reported on the many contradictions in Reade’s account, as well as the extreme changes in her attitude toward the former vice president. She has evolved from a woman who repeatedly praised Joe Biden for work he’s done to help end sexual assault in America, in 2017, to someone who now says Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993.

Now we’ve obtained new information concerning Tara Reade’s character, from a non-profit organization based in Watsonville, California, called Pregnant Mare Rescue (PMR). Lynn Hummer, Founder/President of the highly-rated horse sanctuary that’s committed to rescuing pregnant mares and orphan foals from abuse, tells us that Tara Reade (McCabe) volunteered at her rescue for a couple of years (from 2014–2016). During this time, Hummer alleges that Reade “stole from her nonprofit, lied, and created stories to obtain sympathy and money.”

We’ve also obtained receipts and emails that back up many of Hummer’s claims.

[...]
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #479 on: April 22, 2020, 03:04:21 PM »

Is it time yet to return this thread to its original name of "False rape allegation"?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #480 on: April 22, 2020, 03:12:23 PM »

She cease and desisted against Joan Walsh through twitter lmao
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #481 on: April 22, 2020, 03:14:31 PM »

She cease and desisted against Joan Walsh through twitter lmao

She should meet Devin Nunes and pool their resources.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #482 on: April 22, 2020, 03:29:12 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2020, 03:39:40 PM by pppolitics »

Is it time yet to return this thread to its original name of "False rape allegation"?

...but but but...

...just because she constantly changes her story and defrauded a non-profit doesn't means that Joe Biden didn't raped her

/Bernie Bros' logic
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #483 on: April 22, 2020, 04:10:34 PM »

This is still a thing?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #484 on: April 22, 2020, 04:15:00 PM »

Only among Sanders dead-enders and Russian bots.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #485 on: April 24, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »

Apparently new developments confirm that the complaint was made in 1993 - namely a Larry King Live call that fits the details. Still not enough to change my stance, but I figured I'd post it here anyway in the interest of discussion.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #486 on: April 24, 2020, 02:53:31 PM »

Apparently new developments confirm that the complaint was made in 1993 - namely a Larry King Live call that fits the details. Still not enough to change my stance, but I figured I'd post it here anyway in the interest of discussion.
It doesn't fit the claims of a rape at all.  At best only the allegation she made last year.  I'm not sure what mother would say she had problems with a senators office if she in fact had been told as Tara said she was raped.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #487 on: April 24, 2020, 03:15:22 PM »

The problem is a) Larry King kept no records of who was calling so all we have is an area code that covers a big area and b) the transcript doesn’t reflect what Reade said it did
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #488 on: April 24, 2020, 03:31:59 PM »

This is more pathetic than the email server crap. A court of law would throw something like this out because without a telephone number on record to cross check for research there is nothing to confirm that was actually her mother that called in. Second, her mother is dead which means another source of real verification is gone and third, what Reade claimed her mother said on the phone doesn't match up. The caller didn't mention sexual harassment like Reade claims, but she also says the actual transcript "gelled" with her memory. That's a whole lot of inconsistency.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #489 on: April 24, 2020, 03:33:05 PM »

I'm sure there's an audio archive somewhere at CNN that will resolve this.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #490 on: April 24, 2020, 03:35:57 PM »

I'm sure there's an audio archive somewhere at CNN that will resolve this.

It really doesn't matter because it's not like that the telephone numbers were archived to do a cross check. That could have been anyone who called and her mother is not alive to state that was her. Plus the transcript never mentions sexual assault or harassment.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #491 on: April 24, 2020, 03:37:25 PM »

This does more to weaken her credibility (her description of the call not being even remotely close to the transcript) than it does to strengthen it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #492 on: April 24, 2020, 04:00:22 PM »

As someone who likes Matt Bors it’s kinda sad seeing him jump on the Biden is guilty train and take this stuff as bulletproof evidence
roxas11
United States

« Reply #493 on: April 24, 2020, 04:07:55 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 04:12:33 PM by roxas11 »

The irony is that had Tara Reade simply just stuck to her original story this Larry king thing could have been a much bigger deal. sure the transcripts never brings up Sexual assault or harassment but it is vague enough that she could have used it to at least back up her harassment claims

But because she decided very recently to change her story to Sexual assault
the transcript simply dose not come close to matching up with something like that. All it does is hurt her credibility more and raises questions about why she spent decades claiming one thing but than suddenly in 2020 decided to radically change her story to the point that even the people she originally told are surprised by Her New claims of rape
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #494 on: April 24, 2020, 04:58:16 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 05:04:35 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

Yes, hello. I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there, after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him.

This is literally the vaguest thing on earth.  "Problems" could literally be anything.  Obviously Reade had some "problems" at Biden's office, because she was fired after only a few months on the job.

Given her old Twitter stories about picking fights with the Chief of Staff over hiring practices and intern's memories of her being removed from her position, most likely she was a belligerent pain in the ass and people eventually got sick of her and fired her.  She probably told her mother what literally everyone says after they get fired from entry-level positions:  it was everyone else's fault, the supervisors were horrible and mistreated me, I did nothing wrong but nobody would help me.  Her mother, watching a Larry King episode about the brutal work culture in DC, said hey that's what my daughter says happened to her.

Reminder that this is what Tara Reade claimed would be reflected in the transcript:

I remember it being an anonymous call and her saying my daughter was sexually harassed and retaliated against and fired
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #495 on: April 24, 2020, 05:01:01 PM »

Just a heads up for the "we don't even know it was Reade's mother" folks in this thread, it seems pretty clear this was in fact Reade's mother.  The caller location and date match up, and Reade said the call existed before it was dug up.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #496 on: April 24, 2020, 05:02:56 PM »

This is more pathetic than the email server crap. A court of law would throw something like this out because without a telephone number on record to cross check for research there is nothing to confirm that was actually her mother that called in. Second, her mother is dead which means another source of real verification is gone and third, what Reade claimed her mother said on the phone doesn't match up. The caller didn't mention sexual harassment like Reade claims, but she also says the actual transcript "gelled" with her memory. That's a whole lot of inconsistency.

But remember, this is a presidential election - not a criminal case.  The standard isn't whether or not Biden is "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" but whether or not these allegations diminish his fitness for office and impede his character.  Do we reallywant someone with such a demeanor as President of the United States?

At least, that was the standard you and other red avatars had during the Kavanaugh allegations.  Doesn't seem so fair now, does it?  Instead, you're picking through this poor woman's story to find any minute inconsistency possible.  #BelieveSurvivors?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #497 on: April 24, 2020, 05:04:42 PM »

But remember, this is a presidential election - not a criminal case.  The standard isn't whether or not Biden is "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" but whether or not these allegations diminish his fitness for office and impede his character.  Do we reallywant someone with such a demeanor as President of the United States?

At least, that was the standard you and other red avatars had during the Kavanaugh allegations.  Doesn't seem so fair now, does it?

It's not fair, but they don't care.

Del Tachi, we're talking about a political party that won a Senate seat by 1% against an accused rapist and says it shows "changing demographics". They're idiotic.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #498 on: April 24, 2020, 05:11:38 PM »

But remember, this is a presidential election - not a criminal case.  The standard isn't whether or not Biden is "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" but whether or not these allegations diminish his fitness for office and impede his character.  Do we really want someone with such a demeanor as President of the United States?

At least, that was the standard you and other red avatars had during the Kavanaugh allegations.  Doesn't seem so fair now, does it?  Instead, you're picking through this poor woman's story to find any minute inconsistency possible.  #BelieveSurvivors?
Demeanor? Fitness for office? Not only is this not relevant to the case, but also a completely laughable question to throw out there in comparison to Trump.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #499 on: April 24, 2020, 05:17:19 PM »

An allegation by a crazy person is literally nothing.  It says nothing about Biden's demeanor.  It says nothing about his fitness for office.  It says nothing about his character.

Crazy people on Twitter can literally say anything.  I can say right here that I saw Del Tachi strangling puppies.  What does this allegation say about Del Tachi's fitness for office?  What does this allegation say about Del Tachi's character?  I'm far more credible than proven scam artist and liar Tara Reade.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies