Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:02:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146680 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: April 12, 2020, 11:49:11 PM »

I always thought that the #MeToo movement is tenuous at best and that somebody would come along to make a completely unbelievable allegation that dealt a body blow to the movement.

The worst part of this is that women who have credible allegations are caught in the middle.

Reade did a huge disservice to all of them.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #401 on: April 12, 2020, 11:49:28 PM »

It’s now being suggested that Tara Reade was the woman who appeared on Dr. Phil claiming to be in a romantic online relationship with Vladimir Putin. She believes that Putin speaks to her through his ties and that any day now he’s going to come take her home to Mother Russia. She also tried to drive to Alaska to attempt to catch a boat across the Bering Sea. She made it as far as North Dakota but was refused entry by Canadian customs officials. Put simply, she is capital-c Crazy.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0XnTMS6oMIU
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #402 on: April 13, 2020, 12:02:51 AM »

It’s now being suggested that Tara Reade was the woman who appeared on Dr. Phil claiming to be in a romantic online relationship with Vladimir Putin. She believes that Putin speaks to her through his ties and that any day now he’s going to come take her home to Mother Russia. She also tried to drive to Alaska to attempt to catch a boat across the Bering Sea. She made it as far as North Dakota but was refused entry by Canadian customs officials. Put simply, she is capital-c Crazy.

Different name, different kids.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #403 on: April 13, 2020, 12:54:40 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2020, 01:10:46 AM by TJ in Oregon »

Regardless of whether it is true of not it is 100% fair to say that some Biden supporters will support rapists if that furthers his political agenda.

This is the same personal attack launched @ Ford. She didn't remember the date & so on. Shocking to see the left resort to this. Guess this shows rape & rape allegations are a political tool & no1 really cares about sexual violence other than to get votes.

I have no idea about this Tara Reade thing but Mcaurthur has used analogies throughout this which are basically used by sympathizers of rapists.

I've brought the Ford comparison up a half-dozen times in this thread but you didn't read those, or anything I actually wrote.

You are just copy+pasting the "whatabout Ford" talking point that anti-Biden arsonists have been using for a month now to score points off this Reade lie.

You are just a predictable poster who regurgitates talking points from the depths of Bernie Bro hell and most people have you blocked.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #404 on: April 13, 2020, 12:56:04 AM »

This isn't Tara Reade.  People need to stop saying this because even if 99 criticisms of Reade are true and 1 is a lie, people will zoom in on the 1% that's a lie and say "see they are lying" and it'll work.

That said, Reade really did write this:

When the anti-Russia, anti-Putin propaganda starts up, personally, I shut down. I love Russia, I love my Russian relatives and friends. And like most women across the world, I like President Putin… a lot, his shirt on or shirt off.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190404044831/https://medium.com/@shewrites94/who-let-the-cats-out-461cdf4dfcaf
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #405 on: April 13, 2020, 01:15:31 AM »

Regardless of whether it is true of not it is 100% fair to say that some Biden supporters will support rapists if that furthers his political agenda.

This is the same personal attack launched @ Ford. She didn't remember the date & so on. Shocking to see the left resort to this. Guess this shows rape & rape allegations are a political tool & no1 really cares about sexual violence other than to get votes.

I have no idea about this Tara Reade thing but Mcaurthur has used analogies throughout this which are basically used by sympathizers of rapists.

I suspect this has been true for multiple decades by now. Personal scandals carry very little weight in a highly polarized environment. For one thing, no one really trusts the other side's actors to respond unbiasedly in the leveling of the accusations. Hence you get what would otherwise be statistical anomalies of partisans always believing their candidate is innocent and the other party's is guilty.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #406 on: April 13, 2020, 01:51:33 AM »

Remember Ashley Todd, the girl that carved a B on her cheek and then told that it was done to her by Obama volunteers?
Maybe Reade should have a word with her.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #407 on: April 13, 2020, 02:48:06 AM »

I suspect this has been true for multiple decades by now. Personal scandals carry very little weight in a highly polarized environment. For one thing, no one really trusts the other side's actors to respond unbiasedly in the leveling of the accusations. Hence you get what would otherwise be statistical anomalies of partisans always believing their candidate is innocent and the other party's is guilty.

Roy Moore lost. Franken was forced out. Sexual assault matters and I absolutely refuse to any water-muddying about it. If there were credible allegations against Biden many Democrats would ditch him in a moment, and he'd likely be replaced in the convention.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #408 on: April 13, 2020, 03:29:56 AM »

Christine Ford = Credible
Tara Reade = Not credible

It's really isn't all that complicated. Claiming that all accusers should be treated as equally credible is mindnumbingly stupid.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #409 on: April 13, 2020, 03:43:12 AM »

The thing that upsets me most over such low credibility stuff is that it hurts the credibility of women who have actually been harassed or abused. People who are making false accusations for political and whatever reasons are hurting the overall cause. Anyone making stuff up should be ashamed of themselves and apologize to the women (and men) who have actually faced such a terrible experience.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #410 on: April 13, 2020, 03:49:45 AM »

Let's be honest here. If one of your close friends told you that a prominent US Senator raped you, what are the chances that you would completely forget about it?

I don't see how any good faith actor can find any of this even remotely credible.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #411 on: April 13, 2020, 04:09:17 AM »

The best evidence against this for me is that if she really did file a complaint, then surely the Obama 08 vetting team would have found that and you know, not put him on the ticket?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: April 13, 2020, 05:17:27 AM »

The best evidence against this for me is that if she really did file a complaint, then surely the Obama 08 vetting team would have found that and you know, not put him on the ticket?
Yes, unless they were doing Sarah Palin style "vetting", which seems highly highly unlikely.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #413 on: April 13, 2020, 05:23:47 AM »

Another one-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sexual-assault-allegation-by-former-biden-senate-aide-emerges-in-campaign-draws-denial/2020/04/12/bc070d66-7067-11ea-b148-e4ce3fbd85b5_story.html

To me at least, a clear picture is emerging. Biden touched her in a way that made her uncomfortable-- something he has apologized for doing with others in the past. This is what she told others in 1993, and what her brother told WaPo when asked initially (he changed his story a few days later).

Which is what we already knew, and this was all resolved last year when Biden apologized. So why is she changing her story now? That's the real question.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #414 on: April 13, 2020, 07:56:20 AM »

This is the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case 2.0.  MeToo is real, but there is nothing to see here in this particular instance.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #415 on: April 13, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »

Yes, unless they were doing Sarah Palin style "vetting", which seems highly highly unlikely.
Barack Obama would never choose someone who would leave such a blemish on his legacy and hamper the chances of any other Black person being President after him. This woman is lying.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #416 on: April 13, 2020, 02:29:48 PM »

I can tell you that this has already done serious damage. The whole point was to sew discord among the party over that stupid MeToo movement. Not only is there a faction among the #MeToo crowd that believes her outright lies and no evidence to the contrary will change them, but it’s also allowing the GOP to make us out as hypocrites comparing Blasey Ford to Tara Reade. We’re completely f***ed.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #417 on: April 13, 2020, 02:31:31 PM »

I can tell you that this has already done serious damage. The whole point was to sew discord among the party over that stupid MeToo movement. Not only is there a faction among the #MeToo crowd that believes her outright lies and no evidence to the contrary will change them, but it’s also allowing the GOP to make us out as hypocrites comparing Blasey Ford to Tara Reade. We’re completely f***ed.

Roll Eyes
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »

These are Bernie supporters and bots. Everyone who is a serious person has seen these allegations for what they are and reacted accordingly. Don't freak out.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2020, 02:39:09 PM »

These are Bernie supporters and bots. Everyone who is a serious person has seen these allegations for what they are and reacted accordingly. Don't freak out.
And if this primary taught us anything its that most of Bernie supporters on twitter are Russian bots, Trump supporters, and Green Party activsts who seek the benifits of a messy primary.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2020, 02:42:23 PM »

Didn't Jacob Wohl already accomplish that with his rape allegation against Robert Mueller?

If the MeToo movement were really as fragile as you're saying, literally any false rape allegation would tear it asunder.  We've had several of those just in the last few years, not including this one.

The issue isn't with #MeToo, it's with people mis-representing #MeToo and "Believe Women" as something more insidious and stupid than what it actually is.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #421 on: April 13, 2020, 02:49:11 PM »

You have to ask yourself this: How many people who was going vote for Biden suddenly changed their minds because of this unfounded allegation?

People who "believe" this allegation despite the obvious holes were unlikely to vote for Biden in the first place and are just using this allegation to justify doing so (not voting for Biden).

This allegation is going to end up being a body slam to the #MeToo movement more than anything else.

The losers in all of the are going to be women who have real allegations.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #422 on: April 13, 2020, 03:13:43 PM »

Didn't Jacob Wohl already accomplish that with his rape allegation against Robert Mueller?

If the MeToo movement were really as fragile as you're saying, literally any false rape allegation would tear it asunder.  We've had several of those just in the last few years, not including this one.

The issue isn't with #MeToo, it's with people mis-representing #MeToo and "Believe Women" as something more insidious and stupid than what it actually is.

That’s because the MeToo movement is insidious and stupid. They don’t care about facts or the truth. If Duke LaCrosse happened today, the MeToo movement would drag those boys out back and nail them to a cross even though DNA says they didn’t do it because #BelieveAllWomen. The woman who accused Justin Fairfax had consensual sex with him and now accused him of rape just because she regretted it and now his career and reputation have been shot to hell because #BelieveAllWomen. Dozens of innocent students are getting expelled from college because of the college campus kangaroo courts Obama set up where you’re presumed guilty until proven innocent because #BelieveAllWomen. Jared Polis even said he supported expelling innocent men, saying “If there are 10 people who have been accused, and under a reasonable likelihood standard maybe one or two did it, it seems better to get rid of all 10 people."

Don’t “start by believing” start with the facts. Facts matter and truth matters. Al Franken didn’t deserve what happened to him because somebody dug up a few goofy pictures from 20 years ago.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #423 on: April 13, 2020, 04:43:27 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2020, 04:46:42 PM by roxas11 »

for Once I will actually give credit to much of the Media for not taking the bait this time around.
this could have easily turned into the new Her emails of 2020 had the media gave it the credibility that it clearly does not deserve.

Now don't get wrong Im all for for media privately investigating this matter to see if there is anything to it and looks like many of them are already doing that........you can bet fox news has already done it lol

what people are finding is that she and Her story are not credible nor should it be treated as if it is. She has changed her story a couple of times and not 1 person can back up her version of the events. Even the one person who said that she did tell them about harassment was surprised that she is now claiming rape since that was not what she told them at the time.

Its scary to think that Had the coronavirus not happened she may have actually gotten some to actually fall for this BS. thanks to Bad timing on her part people are rightfully more concerned about this virus and a recession than they are about some silly allegation that she just decided to drag out simply because her favorite candidate Bernie lost  

unfortunately even as Tara Reade allegation fall flat when it comes to Biden
it still hurts a lot of woman who really are being abused by powerful Men

Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #424 on: April 13, 2020, 04:45:53 PM »

Shouldn't there be more allegations if this was true? Biden did something this brazen once in 80 years?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies