Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:19:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148324 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2020, 06:26:39 PM »

I don’t believe the person who ran on the ticket with America’s first Black President could have covered this story up this long and hasn’t been viciously and ferociously vetted.

I don’t believe a woman who tweets, and I’m paraphrasing: “Biden raped me! #Bernie2020 #NotMeUs @BernieSanders” is acting in good faith.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #376 on: April 12, 2020, 07:01:53 PM »

It’s really sad that this story is being pushed almost solely by the worst parts of rose twitter and for the most cynical reasons
I used to think this is what was going on, which is why I refrained from commenting on it until the last couple days. Changed my mind after listening to an interview with Reade, who clearly and vividly recalls specific details of the assault. It's difficult for me to listen to her and believe that she is lying to advance a political agenda — much less some sort of Kremlin agent, as a handful of freaks in this thread have implied.

I'm sure it took a lot to change your mind.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #377 on: April 12, 2020, 07:48:37 PM »

It’s really sad that this story is being pushed almost solely by the worst parts of rose twitter and for the most cynical reasons
I used to think this is what was going on, which is why I refrained from commenting on it until the last couple days. Changed my mind after listening to an interview with Reade, who clearly and vividly recalls specific details of the assault. It's difficult for me to listen to her and believe that she is lying to advance a political agenda — much less some sort of Kremlin agent, as a handful of freaks in this thread have implied.

It's funny that she can recall all these very specific details and exact quotes when she's talking to Krystal Ball, but she's not able to recall very basic details such as the date, time of day, or location of the assault (details that could be used to assess its veracity) when asked by the NYT.

Also very convenient that the record of her complaint mysteriously disappeared even though she said on Twitter it was in the national archives (which makes no sense in the first place, further illustrating how she's making all this up as she goes along)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #378 on: April 12, 2020, 07:59:22 PM »

It's funny that she can recall all these very specific details and exact quotes when she's talking to Krystal Ball, but she's not able to recall very basic details such as the date, time of day, or location of the assault (details that could be used to assess its veracity) when asked by the NYT.
The interview is with Katie Halper, not Krystal Ball. Anyway, that sort of inconsistent recall is characteristic of trauma victims, so it's certainly not something I'd use to dismiss her story.
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #379 on: April 12, 2020, 08:14:42 PM »

Same. I believe her story more now since she filed the police report.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #380 on: April 12, 2020, 08:17:49 PM »

She literally didn't name Biden in the police report!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #381 on: April 12, 2020, 08:18:06 PM »

She literally didn't name Biden in the police report!
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #382 on: April 12, 2020, 08:19:17 PM »

The interview is with Katie Halper, not Krystal Ball. Anyway, that sort of inconsistent recall is characteristic of trauma victims, so it's certainly not something I'd use to dismiss her story.

People always say stuff like this, but where do you draw the line?  It seems like every possible detail that casts doubt on the veracity of her allegation gets explained away with "sometimes rape victims are like that."  You've made it physically impossible for Biden to clear his name yet Reade can wait 30 years, lie over and over, change detail after detail about the story, have an obvious ulterior motive, and not even know basic stuff like the day or the place, and you just hand wave it all away.

The day and place are useful because we can actually use them to check the allegation.  We could find archived security camera footage, or Biden's old schedules, or go to the place and determine whether it would actually be physically possible for Biden to rape her there without getting caught.  But Reade won't give us that opportunity.  Every time we have been given the opportunity to cross-check something, the results have come up in Biden's favor.

Also the interview where she actually went through the assault in detail was on Ball's show.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #383 on: April 12, 2020, 08:24:41 PM »

MacArthur has done a much better job of investigating this allegation than the entire MSM.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #384 on: April 12, 2020, 08:30:40 PM »

MacArthur has done a much better job of investigating this allegation than the entire MSM.
True dat.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2020, 08:39:23 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 08:45:19 PM by #Bidenworth2020 »

Looks like the mainstream media is releasing articles on it now--

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/woman-broadens-claims-against-biden-include-sexual-assault-n1182296

Apparently, some of the people who corroberated her account previously are now backing off after she filed a police report.

PS- Waiting for MacArthur's detailed analysis of the article lol
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2020, 08:41:55 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/woman-broadens-claims-against-biden-include-sexual-assault-n1182296

Apparently, some of the people who cooberated her account previously are now backing off after she filed a police report.
Obviously it was because they were blackmailed by the DNC!!! /s
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2020, 08:51:35 PM »

Apparently, some of the people who corroberated her account previously are now backing off after she filed a police report.

PS- Waiting for MacArthur's detailed analysis of the article lol
So 3 backed off and the 4th person said Reade told her about inappropriate comments and awkward touching but not actual assault like she claims. Does MacArthur need to go into detail?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2020, 09:06:57 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 09:12:34 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

Funny how literally every new piece of evidence that comes out about this, from even the bare minimum of MSM investigations, ends up making Reade look like a liar.

NBC News has spoken with Reade multiple times since she came forward with the assault allegation on March 25 and has also spoken with five people with whom Reade said she shared varying degrees of detail over time. Three of those people said on the record that they do not recall any such conversation with Reade.

A fourth person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Reade told her about the alleged assault at the time. That person, who asked that her name be withheld by NBC News for fear of negatively affecting her business, said she remembers Reade's telling her that she spoke with superiors in Biden's office about harassment but not the assault. She also recalled that Reade told her she filed a formal written complaint with a Senate personnel office at the time.

A fifth person, who also spoke with NBC News anonymously, recalled that Reade told her in the mid-2000s that Biden had been inappropriate and touched her when she worked in his office but that she didn't detail the alleged assault. Reade said that she also told her mother, who has since died, and her brother, who has told The Intercept that he remembers having been told about an incident at the time.

So of 5 friends Reade claimed as witnesses:
3 say Reade is lying (not about the assault, but about telling them about it)
1 says Reade told her about the shoulder touching, 15 years later (not at the time)
and 1 says Reade told her about the assault and filed a complaint with the Senate office.  But NYT investigated the mythical "Senate complaint" and determined that it doesn't exist, despite Reade claiming it can be found in the "national archives."

So either Reade is lying, OR there was a huge conspiracy among Senate staff to cover-up the complaint and erase it from the records, and nobody wants to come forward 30 years later.  I mean, what do you think happens when a member of Senatorial staff files an official complaint against a sitting Senator?  There's an investigation and it's all documented.  Plenty of people are involved and/or know about it.  This isn't something that could have just been deleted from an inbox.  Yet Reade is implicitly claiming that everyone involved is covering it up, along with everyone in Biden's office.

Federal law at the time set forth procedures for allegations of harassment or discrimination in employment on the basis of gender, which would have included a hearing by a board of independent officers. No such process was initiated by Reade's complaint.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2020, 09:23:08 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 10:07:46 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

Some other interesting tidbits from this article:

Reade is now claiming she told Baker, Kaufman, and Toner (all three say she's lying).  Previously she had said she only told two people.  She has dozens of tweets where she claims to have gone to two superiors.

Reade has also filed a police report claiming the assault happened sometime between March and May 1993, an entire three month period.  But Reade left Biden's office in August 1993.  Even if we say the assault happened May 31 and she left August 1, that's still two months after the alleged rape where she was working for Biden.  However, she also has claimed on Twitter that Biden personally fired her and she was terrified of him.  So Biden waited a whole 2-6 months to fire her?

EDIT apparently she was "abruptly removed" from overseeing interns in April, so if it happened as she said it would have been early April, meaning she and Biden worked together for 4 months after he raped her, then one day he decided to fire her over it.

The article does, finally, discuss the numerous conflicting stories she's given in the past about why she left DC.

Reade worked in Biden's Senate office briefly, from December 1992 through August 1993, according to a Senate employment history transcript she provided. Reade recalled leaving the office before that, after her duties were diminished and she was told she wasn't a good fit for the office. She appears to have offered different explanations for having left Washington in the past, including to pursue an acting career.

The Krassenstein article also catches the detail that she claims in the 2009 article linked here to have flown into DC (which she remembers vividly) yet as of 2019 she's now claiming she drove across the country to get there.  I suppose this is also the kind of "inconsistency typical of rape victims"?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #390 on: April 12, 2020, 09:36:02 PM »

Another one-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sexual-assault-allegation-by-former-biden-senate-aide-emerges-in-campaign-draws-denial/2020/04/12/bc070d66-7067-11ea-b148-e4ce3fbd85b5_story.html

To me at least, a clear picture is emerging. Biden touched her in a way that made her uncomfortable-- something he has apologized for doing with others in the past. This is what she told others in 1993, and what her brother told WaPo when asked initially (he changed his story a few days later).
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #391 on: April 12, 2020, 09:48:56 PM »

Wow like everything MacArthur has talked about here  before is mentioned in the WaPo article
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #392 on: April 12, 2020, 09:49:25 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 09:54:04 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

She said political considerations played no role in her decision to raise the sexual assault allegation.

Sure, Jan
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #393 on: April 12, 2020, 09:52:29 PM »

She occasionally has tweeted positively about Biden, saying in 2017, “My old boss speaks truth. Listen” with a link to a BBC story about Biden calling for the tech industry to help fight cancer.

Reade told The Post in a recent interview that she tweeted support of him because she admired some things about Biden despite the alleged assault. “Here’s the person I admire, who stands for all I believe in,” she said. “At the same time, that’s what happened to me personally.”

Is she for real?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #394 on: April 12, 2020, 10:00:19 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 10:05:54 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

In another recent interview, Reade’s brother, Collin Moulton, said she told him in 1993 that Biden had behaved inappropriately by touching her neck and shoulders. Their mother urged Reade to contact the police, Moulton said, adding that he felt “ashamed now for not being a better advocate” for his sister. Several days after that interview, he said in a text message that he recalled her telling him that Biden had put his hand “under her clothes.”

Even her own brother originally just said she had only told him about the shoulder touching.  It took him several days to get the memo that he was also supposed to say Reade had told him Biden raped her.

Or maybe it just slipped his mind?

Also:

Reade said she told a therapist earlier this year about the alleged assault. The Post asked Reade for the therapist’s notes of that conversation, but she has not produced them.

So to summarize...

• Friend 1:  Reade never told me about any rape
  • Friend 2:  Reade never told me about any rape
  • Friend 3:  Reade never told me about any rape
  • Supervisor 1:  Reade is lying
  • Supervisor 2:  Reade is lying
  • Supervisor 3:  Reade is lying
  • Therapist:  Reade refuses to produce any notes
  • Senate complaint:  Doesn't exist
  • People who would have seen the Senate complaint:  Don't exist
  • Camera footage:  Reade refuses to name a time/place
  • Time's Up lawyers:  Reade didn't want our help with any rape case
  • Brother:  Reade only told me about shoulder touching.... (several days later) oh I forgot, she did also say Biden raped her
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #395 on: April 12, 2020, 10:17:51 PM »

https://apnews.com/d922da60baa91121f4529fe51a0fd55a

They contacted 21 people. EVERY SINGLE ONE denied it happened.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #396 on: April 12, 2020, 11:14:19 PM »

Ouch.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #397 on: April 12, 2020, 11:19:42 PM »

I think we can move on from this it's obviously a ploy, I respect any woman who comes forward after any form of abuse. However, accusations like this are just too convenient especially when they are disproven by so many different sources. 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2020, 11:21:18 PM »

In the course of reporting on Reade’s allegations, the AP also contacted 21 former Biden staffers from the time and spoke to several of them. While some remembered Reade, none recalled any instances of inappropriate touching or behavior on Biden’s behalf, or any complaints made by Reade.

Oh gotta update this:

• Friend 1:  Reade never told me about any rape
  • Friend 2:  Reade never told me about any rape
  • Friend 3:  Reade never told me about any rape
  • Supervisor 1:  Reade is lying
  • Supervisor 2:  Reade is lying
  • Supervisor 3:  Reade is lying
  • 21 Biden staffers who worked with Reade:  Reade is lying
  • Therapist:  Reade refuses to produce any notes
  • Senate complaint:  Doesn't exist
  • People who would have seen the Senate complaint:  Don't exist
  • Camera footage:  Reade refuses to name a time/place
  • Time's Up lawyers:  Reade didn't want our help with any rape case
  • Brother:  Reade only told me about shoulder touching.... (several days later) oh I forgot, she did also say Biden raped her
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #399 on: April 12, 2020, 11:40:00 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2020, 01:10:14 AM by TJ in Oregon »

Regardless of whether it is true of not it is 100% fair to say that some Biden supporters will support rapists if that furthers his political agenda.

This is the same personal attack launched @ Ford. She didn't remember the date & so on. Shocking to see the left resort to this. Guess this shows rape & rape allegations are a political tool & no1 really cares about sexual violence other than to get votes.

I have no idea about this Tara Reade thing but Mcaurthur has used analogies throughout this which are basically used by sympathizers of rapists.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies