2nd DEM Debate Thread: July 30 & 31, Detroit (MI), CNN (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 12:46:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2nd DEM Debate Thread: July 30 & 31, Detroit (MI), CNN (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2nd DEM Debate Thread: July 30 & 31, Detroit (MI), CNN  (Read 62498 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: July 31, 2019, 12:46:33 AM »

Unfortunately I couldn't see it because my power went out Sad
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 04:40:39 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gM2PRRTC8g

Cornyn put this ad during the debate. Its probably Air Claires strategy.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 07:34:00 PM »

I swear didn't Harris want to abolish private insurance in the previous debate or was that Gillibrand?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 07:52:09 PM »

“How is he wrong”

He’s not wrong...

Its seriously so annoying. He literally wants open borders and then denies that .
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 07:56:16 PM »

Ok Gillibrand then why did these women just skip over a country with 700,000 square miles that is mostly safe?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 07:59:00 PM »

How did these protesters manage to get tickets? If it were that easy then I'd be sitting in that audience right now.

By spending 2000 per ticket.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »

I can say this round of debates actually has much more diversity of thought. Last debate Biden was more to the left because he didn't want to piss off progressives.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 08:01:58 PM »

What did he say, I missed it.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 08:22:25 PM »

Hey booker if you want weed justice why don't you ever call your state senator out for blocking any weed reform?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 08:25:04 PM »

I hope somebody attacks Biden for voting for the Iraq War.

That should be Gabbard probably?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 08:28:32 PM »

Tulsi going for Biden's VP slot?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 08:32:44 PM »

Why isn't De blasio speaking about how he tried to ruin a bunch of Asian kid's lives to desegregate NYC schools?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 08:36:03 PM »

**** YOU Castro. WE DONT NEED TO INCREASE BALTIMORE SCHOOL FUNDING. THEY ALREADY HAVE THE HIGHEST IN THE ING COUNTRY.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 08:39:51 PM »

This is literally Gillibrand

Not that I would take away the SNAP benefits, as people there need them. (I would take sugary sodas off the list of eligible items; I would give everyone on SNAP a cookbook; I would replace sodas with detergents as items of eligibility).

What is wrong with Trump country?

Yeah not gonna deny its just as ed up lol with regards to poverty.

But even with all that poverty.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/kentucky/districts/owsley-county/owsley-county-high-school-8396

It still has half the people proficient in math/reading.   I would much rather be brought up here than Baltimore Maryland because atleast there is a decent chance of getting out of the vicious cycle of poverty Baltimore creates.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/maryland/districts/baltimore-city-public-schools/patterson-high-9017

Meanwhile a school in inner city Baltimore.

I do understand the Kentucky test districts probably have a slightly lower standard but overall there is no legitimate excuse to explain why these two schools are so different with regard to school performance. Even when comparing nationalized standardized tests  with ACT to SAT and using a convertor the Owsley county students have a score about 100 higher. What resources do these students have that inner city Baltimore students don't?

It's easier to get out of a vicious cycle of poverty in rural Kentucky than in Baltimore because of the systematic white supremacy that's the root of the issue in the first place. Those kids in Kentucky probably have access to old boy networks and other needed resources that alot of inner city kids in Baltimore don't have which need to addressed via destroying America's racial caste system via reparations (both in land and wealth). Wouldn't put too much stock in the SAT/ACT due to it's origins.

ITS THEIR NETWORK THAT PROTECTS THEM.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 08:51:42 PM »

Am I the only that feels like Gillibrand sounds like a little girl this debate?
Ik I dislike her but thats literally how she sounds.

And here comes Gillibrand with her 2-1 Republican district but forgets to mention its a double Obama district.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2019, 08:58:25 PM »

I know this is Atlas' nightly rough patch but where did the Kamala stans go?

Yah where is RFK Fan lol

I thought RFK fan dislikes Kamala and supports Warren?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 09:12:17 PM »

Thing is Biden is the frontrunner so as long as he doesn't give a reason for his lead to slip up, he is winning.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 02:47:28 PM »

I'm gonna say this. I can say that Warren actually believes what she states in a debate. I can laugh at her ideas but unlike Harris I do get the feeling she is genuine. Warren actually has legitimate policy proposals that are fleshed while Harris just tries to piggy back on whatever is the most woke.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 03:54:10 PM »

Gabbard really just needs to go away; she doesn't deserve to be on that stage and it's mesmerizing to me that anyone would be feeling good about her after last night. Every time she spoke it sounded stiff and scripted. The best was when Harris totally ignored and said 'well Gabbard is WRONG' and then just moved back on to Biden.
The rest of your analysis was awful and reflective of why the rest of America hates the hardcore Democratic establishment shills like you, but this portion was particularly hilarious.

The reason Hillary lost, particularly among white women, is because she's a bitch. She is. A good example is my mom, who is pro-abortion, pro-LGBT, and very turned off by Trump's vulgar nature. She voted for him enthusiastically in 2016 because she just thinks Hillary is a downright bitch. She thinks she has a bad personality on top of literally everything else. A lot of white women share that view. And a lot of people in general share that opinion. And it's because it's true: Hillary is a bitch. She's mean. She's nasty. She's unlikable. And she's a horrible, horrible person. That's the only transparent thing about her.

Kamala Harris, as we saw in her interview where she claimed that voters should listen to her rather than Tulsi because, and I quote literally, "I'm a top tier candidate and she's not," is of the same vein that Hillary is.

And don't claim the sexism card. Tulsi Gabbard isn't unlikable. Amy Kloubuchar isn't nasty. I'm finding Elizabeth Warren to be increasingly endearing on a personal level. Even Gillibrand can be funny, as her clorox joke from last night proved. But Harris? Nah.

Her staffers disagree.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies