Trump’s a racist. Example 13,674,939,251
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:26:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump’s a racist. Example 13,674,939,251
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Trump’s a racist. Example 13,674,939,251  (Read 4616 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2019, 10:46:05 AM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 10:50:37 AM »

Trump just doesn't like educated districts. They know he's a scam.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 11:14:38 AM »

I live in MD-07, and this isn't quite true. While there are parts of West Baltimore that aren't all that good, there are quite well-off places in Howard County and western Baltimore County.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 11:16:19 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2019, 11:24:09 AM by Lfromnj stands with Sanchez. »

Technically without incumbency gerrymandering A clean Baltimore+parts of Baltimore county district would have a below average household median income.  However about 250k people in Howard county are in the district and the median household income there is 110k. So this is like looking at that super rich labor district that flipped because half of it is super rich but the other half is super poor like Greenwich.

Although Crime is hilariously overrated and generally a boogeyman and I doubt its rat infested and all that sh**t. But the city of Baltimore isn't great overall with horrible education results with some schools literally having 0% of students proficient in math.Even in the poorest rural areas in this country you atleast get a few proficient people. And no one give me the BS excuse of funding issues. Baltimore is literally one of the most overfunded districts in the country.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 12:25:40 PM »

Trump is trying to set a precedent -if you dare to criticize him, he's going after you and your district. 
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 12:34:46 PM »

Trump is trying to set a precedent -if you dare to criticize him, he's going after you and your district.  

No. This isn't n-dimensional chess. It's not even checkers. It's not a calculated political move.

It's a sick old man, who is angry and racist. It's a FOX News story being repeated by an orange and yellow Furby.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6064589298001/
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 01:02:24 PM »

Not that I would take away the SNAP benefits, as people there need them. (I would take sugary sodas off the list of eligible items; I would give everyone on SNAP a cookbook; I would replace sodas with detergents as items of eligibility).

What is wrong with Trump country?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 01:10:52 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2019, 01:31:22 PM by Lfromnj stands with Sanchez. »

Not that I would take away the SNAP benefits, as people there need them. (I would take sugary sodas off the list of eligible items; I would give everyone on SNAP a cookbook; I would replace sodas with detergents as items of eligibility).

Yeah not gonna deny its just as ed up lol with regards to poverty.

But even with all that poverty.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/kentucky/districts/owsley-county/owsley-county-high-school-8396

It still has half the people proficient in math/reading.   I would much rather be brought up here than Baltimore Maryland because atleast there is a decent chance of getting out of the vicious cycle of poverty Baltimore creates.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/maryland/districts/baltimore-city-public-schools/patterson-high-9017

Meanwhile a school in inner city Baltimore.

I do understand the Kentucky test districts probably have a slightly lower standard but overall there is no legitimate excuse to explain why these two schools are so different with regard to school performance. Even when comparing nationalized standardized tests  with ACT to SAT and using a convertor the Owsley county students have a score about 100 higher. What resources do these students have that inner city Baltimore students don't?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 01:13:53 PM »

No. This isn't n-dimensional chess. It's not even checkers. It's not a calculated political move.

It's a sick old man, who is angry and racist. It's a FOX News story being repeated by an orange and yellow Furby.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6064589298001/

Just another day in Larry Hogans Maryland
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 01:31:44 PM »

Because when Republican politicians say they want to take away welfare from people, these sorts of people don't think it means them. They probably think "oh those black people who only use EBT" are the only ones who will have welfare taken away, instead of it affecting everyone. How do I know this? I live in the most R district in SC and I know it's the mindset from conversations both my mom and I have had with people around here.

and even when their welfare gets taken away, they think that Republicans are still better because they think Democrats don't care about them.

There's also some people who are seriously ignorant and/or indoctrinated into thinking Republicans are the only people doing good things. Let me tell you a story.

It's 2012. My mom was talking to a friend of hers (single mom, 2 kids, very poor household), and she talks about what Obama has done and what he plans to do. Her friend (let's call her Pat) says "well that makes sense and it'll help me and my kids, I'll vote for Obama"

Election day rolls around.

My mom: So, did you vote for Obama?
Pat: Yeah! I went right in there and hit the straight Republican line and-
My mom: You're a F[inks]ing idiot.

There are thousands of people like Pat, who have probably heard from high figures in the community that Democrats are basically Satan. I'm not even kidding. I went to a funeral of a person I knew from the local Hardee's, and instead of talking about how good of a life this guy had, they talk about the guy for 30 seconds then pivot to how Obama is the antichrist and wrecking America as we know it, etc. I walked out because I couldn't believe how this guy was destroying the funeral's purpose in front of the guy's friends and family (who said nothing, presumably because they agreed, didn't care, or both)

So that's why.

thanks for coming to my TED talk
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2019, 02:09:29 PM »

Purple heart

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 02:14:46 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2019, 02:18:15 PM by Fuzzy Stands With Sanchez! »

Purple heart

So where does The Squad rate on Biden's list?

I mean, he opened the door to this.  If every Democrat is "amongst the finest", aren't they all "amongst the worst".  After all, if everyone is special, then nobody is.

Cummings is a political hack from the Baltimore area.  He's not this principled leader.  Biden's just blowing smoke here.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 02:32:26 PM »

I know it's trite to keep saying this, but #imagineifObama had said this about any district in the USA. Republicans would have shrieked for months about how unpatriotic and anti-American he was.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 02:55:03 PM »

Now people are going to pretend Baltimore isn't struggling
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 04:00:30 PM »

Yes, we know Maryland is gerrymandered. Shows how far left this site has become that this thread with a fraudulent title is permitted whereas real news about our assertiveness against the despicable Swedes is removed.

What is true is that Baltimore is a complete tragedy and shares much more in common with places like St. Louis and Detroit than any Atlantic City.
Incorrect. Baltimore is gentrifying and, as a result, gaining population on the net, albeit slightly. The same thing can not be said about the other aforementioned cities. And while, yes, we have our issues, they are being solved.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 04:04:33 PM »

But the high level of poverty in Oweley County suggests that if one has anything on the ball one moves -- even if only to Louisville (which is an awful city).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 04:13:27 PM »

Yes, we know Maryland is gerrymandered. Shows how far left this site has become that this thread with a fraudulent title is permitted whereas real news about our assertiveness against the despicable Swedes is removed.

What is true is that Baltimore is a complete tragedy and shares much more in common with places like St. Louis and Detroit than any Atlantic City.
Incorrect. Baltimore is gentrifying and, as a result, gaining population on the net, albeit slightly. The same thing can not be said about the other aforementioned cities. And while, yes, we have our issues, they are being solved.

Baltimore (City) has lost population for four consecutive years to reach it's lowest point since the 1910s. I don't think losing by population is an end-all terrible thing (Chicago and Philly have shed the outskirts as their downtown's flourish), but this is clearly not the same case. At least not nearly to any similar scale.

Supposedly the county has even swung to exactly stagnant population too.

No disrespect to Baltimore by comparing it to those places. I love parts of it much more than New York and I think I'd feel the same about Detroit. But don't whitewash it.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 04:14:44 PM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore

Quick search it has decreased by 3 percent this decade. It's possible it has completely stagnated now.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 04:23:42 PM »

The issue here is not Baltimore itself. It’s that Cummings represents a suburban upper class district but Trump assumes because he’s black he has to represent some ghetto district
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019, 04:45:51 PM »

The issue here is not Baltimore itself. It’s that Cummings represents a suburban upper class district but Trump assumes because he’s black he has to represent some ghetto district
I mean I assumed Cummings represented Baltimore and then I forgot Maryland Democrats gerrymandered his district.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 04:57:57 PM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore

Quick search it has decreased by 3 percent this decade. It's possible it has completely stagnated now.
According to WPR, it has gained a few hundred people since 2010. Impressive for Baltimore but essentially stagnant, as I said.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2019, 05:22:03 PM »

Purple heart

I don't use Twitter, but aren't you supposed to respond to somebody's tweet, or "at" them or put them in a hashtag? It looks like Biden didn't do any of that, and we're just supposed to magically know who he is referring to here.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »

Who represents "some ghetto district" in baltimore then?
RonnieTheLimoDriver
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2019, 05:30:12 PM »

Great tweet by Biden...he ends a sentence with a preposition, uses an incorrect tense (it is "have proven," not "have proved"), and uses an incomplete sentence at the end where he should have used a comma. I didn't know it was possible to prove yourself so stupid within a 140-character limit...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2019, 05:33:55 PM »

Great tweet by Biden...he ends a sentence with a preposition, uses an incorrect tense (it is "have proven," not "have proved"), and uses an incomplete sentence at the end where he should have used a comma. I didn't know it was possible to prove yourself so stupid within a 140-character limit...

I somehow doubt that "correct grammar and usage on Twitter" is a battle that Trump supporters want to fight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies