Thoughts on Pope Francis? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:41:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Thoughts on Pope Francis? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Thoughts on Pope Francis?  (Read 1880 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 04, 2021, 04:16:51 PM »

Not a fan, but he's not my primus inter pares, so I don't have to live with him.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 11:10:28 PM »

Not a fan, but he's not my primus inter pares, so I don't have to live with him.

Now that you mention it, how do you feel about Bartholomew? He's rarely discussed on the forum.

I don't think he is doing a good job. He abuses his power and is trying to transform his episcopal throne into something representing the Catholic See of Rome, claiming privileges that are not his and arguing for a change in ecclesiology.

He also has made a number of worrying statements suggesting that he is close to sealing the deal on reunification with the Catholic Church, which does not seem realistic at all given the substantial differences in theology. If we can't even heal the Chalcedonian Schism, I definitely do not think we can heal the Great Schism.

He also has this weird tendency to appoint bishops to dioceses where they have no experience with the flock there and cannot properly gauge their pastoral needs. The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America should have an American bishop. Instead, Americans get somebody who has no understanding of the situation on the ground here.

There is probably more I could say, but I think that answers your question. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies