DoFE - Northeast Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:02:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DoFE - Northeast Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DoFE - Northeast Elections  (Read 5437 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: October 24, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »

Antonio's comments are certainly very partisan, but he's right to at least some extent. The lock the Populares have (had?) on the region prevented anyone else from getting in, even when there were obviously more qualified and active candidates like Barnes, and Hashemite, and Kalwejt, and Antonio... Half the legislature felt like it was composed of random Populares members that were pulled in off the street.

A third of the problem is the partisan make up of the Northeast that basically expelled several good people from the region, but there's alot more problems to the Northeast. Another third of the problem would be just plain misfortune. It's not the Populares fault, afterall, that Rowan decided to resign, and that Mr. Moderate didn't do his job. Though maybe the two are loosely connected.

The last part of the problem would just be a structural one. There was no way the Northeast Assembly was going to be sustainable. People constantly screamed about the number of offices there. Nothing was done about that, though.

Still, I didn't think there would be such complete and utter collapse going on here. How in the world did you people let it get this far?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 05:22:27 PM »

Credit where credit is due, Cinyc. You certainly were on the right side of that debate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »

Our region may be solidly JCP. But at least we have a working Governor and Lt. Governor with a legislature that still manages to function.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 06:28:45 PM »

Our region may be solidly JCP. But at least we have a working Governor and Lt. Governor with a legislature that still manages to function.

Yes, you have a great oligarchy simulator over there in the Pacific.

It's not our fault that things run smoothly when you put people in charge that know how to run things smoothly.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 07:40:34 PM »

Given the comments of Chief Justice Spade, I have authorized the SoFE and AG to restore order in the Northeast elections.

Can't fezzyfestoon or Mr. Moderate just open the election booth?

At this point, the Northeast is in such a prolonged state of anarchy that I am entrusting the competent SoFE to sort things out quickly and effectively. The last thing I want is a botched election exacerbating the mess in the region.

This is a regional issue; why is the Secretary of FEDERAL Elections even involved?

Upon emergencies and when you people can't get your crap together, we can intervene. This region has had literally weeks and weeks to get it's act together and you have all completely floundered at every opportunity. You have no one to blame but yourselves and you shouldn't be surprised when the big kids finally pop in to show you how it's done.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 07:52:22 PM »

Work on the wit.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 07:58:45 PM »

Are you seriously rising in defense of your region's complete and utter failure at managing itself?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »

I'm amazed by this. The Northeast Region dithers and does absolutely nothing for a month or more and doesn't even have a functioning legislative assembly for most, if not all, of that time, and when people finally try to run something as basic as a voting booth for them, some of you get all high and mighty and whine about your rights being infringed upon.

As far as my humble opinion can tell, nothing illegal has been done here on the side of the Administration. Hell; we acted according to the Chief Justices' personal opinion.

The CJO did nothing. The Lt. Governor hasn't taken any action (though he shouldn't have to). The Governor didn't take any action until we decided to step in and force his hand, and when he had the ability to do something, he resigned and threw in the towel. The Assembly couldn't do anything. After all that jazz with a state of emergency on top we certainly had every authority to step in.

We hardly jumped the gun here folks. This problem went on for weeks upon weeks and responsibility is shared by several people. We stepped in as a last resort as we should, but we certainly had the right.

I wouldn't trust this region to run a lemonade stand at the moment. And if any of you actually think we overstepped our authority and want to sue our Administration? Then I'll see you in a courtroom myself.

Whether Purple State and Kalwejt decide to sue Rowan, I'll leave up to them. All I care about is getting this region to have a functioning government and voting booth. Is that such a radical request?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies