DoFE - Northeast Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:23:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DoFE - Northeast Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: DoFE - Northeast Elections  (Read 5447 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »

Our region may be solidly JCP. But at least we have a working Governor and Lt. Governor with a legislature that still manages to function.

Yes, you have a great oligarchy simulator over there in the Pacific.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2010, 06:28:45 PM »

Our region may be solidly JCP. But at least we have a working Governor and Lt. Governor with a legislature that still manages to function.

It's not our fault that things run smoothly when you put people in charge that know how to run things smoothly.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2010, 06:38:22 PM »

Given the comments of Chief Justice Spade, I have authorized the SoFE and AG to restore order in the Northeast elections.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »

It's not our fault that things run smoothly when you put people in charge that know how to run things smoothly.

Hey, it's cool, you value Nazi-esque efficiency and have no time for democracy, that's fine.

But as for me I'll stick with living in a region that has actual elections in an election simulation game. I'll take all its quirks and flaws (including the realism of a few duds getting into office) over living in your boring, one-party, everyone-is-the-same hellhole.

Last I checked this game was supposed to be based on the American electoral system, not on Putin's Russia.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 06:45:16 PM »

Given the comments of Chief Justice Spade, I have authorized the SoFE and AG to restore order in the Northeast elections.

Can't fezzyfestoon or Mr. Moderate just open the election booth?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »

They have had 2 weeks to do so.

I am compiling a list of Candidates.
(since august)

Governor
Han

Assembly
electoraljew2
redcommander
justW353
Han
FallenMorgan
WilliamSargent (banned, but declared)

accepting WI:
Zacoftheaxes
Teddy (LOL I forgot about that post)
wormyguy
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »

I'm just popping into this thread to float a theory that the JCP and Populares dominance of, respectively, is kind of a a self-fulfilling prophecy.

In other words, taking my region as an example, a RPP or Populares member will see the JCP dominance and, deciding that they'll have no influence in the region, decline to move there, thereby ensuring the very dominance that repelled them in the first place. Tongue

The same goes, to perhaps a lesser extent, for the Northeast. The solution to this annoying problem is anyone's guess, unfortunately.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 07:20:34 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

SAMPLE BALLOT:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Note that WilliamSargent was disincluded as he is not eligible, and though he is accepting write-ins, Teddy is not eligible either.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 07:35:28 PM »

At this point, the Northeast is in such a prolonged state of anarchy that I am entrusting the competent SoFE to sort things out quickly and effectively. The last thing I want is a botched election exacerbating the mess in the region.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 07:37:03 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 07:39:30 PM by AG Kalwejt »

Wait everyone... Rowan first resigns and then opens a vote...

At this point, the Northeast is in such a prolonged state of anarchy that I am entrusting the competent SoFE to sort things out quickly and effectively. The last thing I want is a botched election exacerbating the mess in the region.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »

This is a regional issue; why is the Secretary of FEDERAL Elections even involved?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2010, 07:40:34 PM »

This is a regional issue; why is the Secretary of FEDERAL Elections even involved?

Upon emergencies and when you people can't get your crap together, we can intervene. This region has had literally weeks and weeks to get it's act together and you have all completely floundered at every opportunity. You have no one to blame but yourselves and you shouldn't be surprised when the big kids finally pop in to show you how it's done.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2010, 07:42:05 PM »

Because your region can't even operate according to it's constitution?

What is so scary about the elections, Lib?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »

The booth is now open, so everyone can shut up now.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »

As a bit of a veteran, with experience working with both sides, Inks was my Lt Governor for God's sake - I would have been happy to have run for something.

So I'm happy to accept any write-ins.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 07:50:34 PM »

The Chief Justice has voiced his opinion that such an act by the SoFE is constitutionally sound. For the good of the game, such intervention is necessary.

The booth is now open, so everyone can shut up now.

I am inclined to have the AG prosecute you on the grounds that the CCJA forbids individuals to act in the capacity of federal executive officials without due promotion. In this case, SoFE Teddy has been authorized to open the Northeast voting booth, and so you are technically illegally acting as the SoFE. This also runs the risk of exacerbating the problem by confusing people.

I leave it to the AG's discretion though, as the entire situation is screwed up enough as it is.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 07:51:53 PM »

Upon emergencies and when you people can't get your crap together, we can intervene. This region has had literally weeks and weeks to get it's act together and you have all completely floundered at every opportunity. You have no one to blame but yourselves and you shouldn't be surprised when the big kids finally pop in to show you how it's done.

Fat kids coming to tell adults what to do?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 07:52:22 PM »

Work on the wit.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 07:53:45 PM »

I am inclined to have the AG prosecute you on the grounds that the CCJA forbids individuals to act in the capacity of federal executive officials without due promotion.

Would be my pleasure.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 07:54:52 PM »

This is Section Four of the Forum Affairs Reform Act
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 07:55:48 PM »

This is Section Four of the Forum Affairs Reform Act

Hmm, that would have worked too. Wink

Thanks Barnes.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 07:56:46 PM »

These are internal matters for the Northeast region; federal meddling is not required.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 07:58:45 PM »

Are you seriously rising in defense of your region's complete and utter failure at managing itself?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »

These are internal matters for the Northeast region; federal meddling is not required.

The constitution guarrants a little thing called a Democratic form of government. And the federal government, while normally abstaining, will not tolerate the regions failing to conduct an elections. Period.

Don't like? Try to secede. Make my day.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2010, 08:02:39 PM »

The constitution guarrants a little thing called a Democratic form of government. And the federal government, while normally abstaining, will not tolerate the regions failing to conduct an elections. Period.

The constitution guarantees a Democratic-controlled government? First I've heard of this.

The federal government has no business interfering with Northeastern affairs.

Sounds like a plan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies