DoFE - Northeast Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 07:37:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DoFE - Northeast Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: DoFE - Northeast Elections  (Read 5458 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »
« edited: October 24, 2010, 08:44:40 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

I am noting a large amount of trouble in the Northeast regarding elections. I wish to again offer my services to the region to act as an authorized agent to conduct the elections.

I would need to be asked to do so by whomever is authorized within your region to carry out the vote.

EDIT - please vote here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=126646.0
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:30:17 AM »

I wish you could.

The issue is, neither the Governor nor the Lt. Governor have been very active (or have the desire to be active)... I'm not even sure which elections are up in the NE.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 01:32:48 AM »

You know, maybe y'all should follow the national model, and write a new constitution. Parts of it are rather outdated and a bit archaic. Even the newest section (the Assembly) needs some changes done to it, but, the NE has ridiculous requirements for passing a constitutional amendment. 
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:34:09 AM »

I wish you could.

The issue is, neither the Governor nor the Lt. Governor have been very active (or have the desire to be active)... I'm not even sure which elections are up in the NE.

If they authorize me to act on their behalf, I can do the active for them.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 05:08:30 AM »

You know, maybe y'all should follow the national model, and write a new constitution. Parts of it are rather outdated and a bit archaic. Even the newest section (the Assembly) needs some changes done to it, but, the NE has ridiculous requirements for passing a constitutional amendment. 

I remember I introduced an amendment to reform the Amending procedure back at the time when I was a Rep. It passed in the Assembly, but I never knew if it had been ratified by popular vote.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 09:34:06 AM »

Where's Rowan?

I've PMed him and tried to catch this attention this morning.

I'm getting a bit steamed.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 10:34:18 AM »

Where's Rowan?

As am I... the Northeast is dying again, and we cant even get a voting booth open. We've had an entire Assembly term without a single member, seeing as the vote was never certified, and now we should be having another regional election, and nothing is being done. If someone cant do it, thats fine.. authorize Teddy to get this thing up and running.

Dont make me come back into that office and learn you all a lesson!
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 11:07:05 AM »

I PMed Rowan about it; he said he'd do it today.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 11:07:54 AM »

But if I am elected Governor of the Northeast, I will follow ballot rules to the letter of the law. This sort of incident will not happen on my watch.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 11:13:16 AM »

I resign. Someone else open up the damn booth then.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »

I resign. Someone else open up the damn booth then.

LOL, what a joke.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 11:46:35 AM »

Actually this game is what the joke is.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 12:43:52 PM »

Where's Rowan?

As am I... the Northeast is dying again, and we cant even get a voting booth open. We've had an entire Assembly term without a single member, seeing as the vote was never certified, and now we should be having another regional election, and nothing is being done. If someone cant do it, thats fine.. authorize Teddy to get this thing up and running.

Dont make me come back into that office and learn you all a lesson!

Yes, Andrew, I miss glorious days, when we all were in NE and all was fine Azn
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 12:59:09 PM »

Executive Action

I am hereby declaring a state of emergency in the Northeast region.

I ask the Vice President, Attorney General and Secretary of Federal Elections to determine a proper means of reestablishing order in the region.

~PS
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 02:21:49 PM »

I'd like to adress Northeasterners, all those who, directly or indirectly, in one way or another, have contributed to make the region what it is nowadays. All those who, despite not being trolls, have followed the troll machine now know where it leads. You lived in one of the most active region, with an Assembly full of people devoted to their job. The Assembly was a heart of innovation and interest in the entire Atlasia, you could be proud of being a Northeasterners.

Then came Hamilton. Then came Libertas and Segway, and all the other trolls. And some of you said "why not ?". You voted for people who were intent to put the region under their total control, but you supported them because you bought to their "anti-establishment" rhetoric, or simply because you agreed with their political beliefs. You gave them the control of every single office in Atlasia. You had, in Barnes, Hashemite, Kalwejt and myself four people who had worked hard to make the region better : all of us left the region and/or became inactive.

And now, you find yourself in a dead region, with a fail Governor that just resigned because he couldn't just do his job properly. Think a lot, and pray not to commit this mistake again. You can't trust the trolls that stole the region and then let it die as soon as they didn't need it. Pray to find someone like Barnes, someone like Kalwejt to give the region a new boost. Until you won't find any, you'll have a pretty bad time ahead. Have fun, my friends ! I don't know if any of those you kicked out shamelessly will accept to come back some day and give you a second chance. I, for one, won't.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »

I'd like to adress Northeasterners, all those who, directly or indirectly, in one way or another, have contributed to make the region what it is nowadays. All those who, despite not being trolls, have followed the troll machine now know where it leads. You lived in one of the most active region, with an Assembly full of people devoted to their job. The Assembly was a heart of innovation and interest in the entire Atlasia, you could be proud of being a Northeasterners.

Then came Hamilton. Then came Libertas and Segway, and all the other trolls. And some of you said "why not ?". You voted for people who were intent to put the region under their total control, but you supported them because you bought to their "anti-establishment" rhetoric, or simply because you agreed with their political beliefs. You gave them the control of every single office in Atlasia. You had, in Barnes, Hashemite, Kalwejt and myself four people who had worked hard to make the region better : all of us left the region and/or became inactive.

And now, you find yourself in a dead region, with a fail Governor that just resigned because he couldn't just do his job properly. Think a lot, and pray not to commit this mistake again. You can't trust the trolls that stole the region and then let it die as soon as they didn't need it. Pray to find someone like Barnes, someone like Kalwejt to give the region a new boost. Until you won't find any, you'll have a pretty bad time ahead. Have fun, my friends ! I don't know if any of those you kicked out shamelessly will accept to come back some day and give you a second chance. I, for one, won't.

Yeah, I know, how dare anyone besides social democrats with red avatars move into your region! Roll Eyes
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »

Antonio's comments are certainly very partisan, but he's right to at least some extent. The lock the Populares have (had?) on the region prevented anyone else from getting in, even when there were obviously more qualified and active candidates like Barnes, and Hashemite, and Kalwejt, and Antonio... Half the legislature felt like it was composed of random Populares members that were pulled in off the street.

A third of the problem is the partisan make up of the Northeast that basically expelled several good people from the region, but there's alot more problems to the Northeast. Another third of the problem would be just plain misfortune. It's not the Populares fault, afterall, that Rowan decided to resign, and that Mr. Moderate didn't do his job. Though maybe the two are loosely connected.

The last part of the problem would just be a structural one. There was no way the Northeast Assembly was going to be sustainable. People constantly screamed about the number of offices there. Nothing was done about that, though.

Still, I didn't think there would be such complete and utter collapse going on here. How in the world did you people let it get this far?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »

And just to clarify the "Populares link," I don't think it has to do with the ideological makeup of the party, but rather the relative "youth" of its members in the game. The party is young insofar as parties go in this game, and its membership lacks the veterans that are more knowledgable about the functioning of the game.

That will change with time, but when a new party rises so quickly on the backs on newcomers to the game, there are bound to be mistakes. Nothing wrong with that, but now it's time to buck up and fix things.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 05:19:09 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 05:37:25 PM by cinyc »

Antonio's comments are certainly very partisan, but he's right to at least some extent. The lock the Populares have (had?) on the region prevented anyone else from getting in, even when there were obviously more qualified and active candidates like Barnes, and Hashemite, and Kalwejt, and Antonio... Half the legislature felt like it was composed of random Populares members that were pulled in off the street.

A third of the problem is the partisan make up of the Northeast that basically expelled several good people from the region, but there's alot more problems to the Northeast. Another third of the problem would be just plain misfortune. It's not the Populares fault, afterall, that Rowan decided to resign, and that Mr. Moderate didn't do his job. Though maybe the two are loosely connected.

The last part of the problem would just be a structural one. There was no way the Northeast Assembly was going to be sustainable. People constantly screamed about the number of offices there. Nothing was done about that, though.

Still, I didn't think there would be such complete and utter collapse going on here. How in the world did you people let it get this far?

We TRIED to do something about the size of the Assembly, but all attempts to amend the Constitution to fix that failed.   I've said from the days of the First Assembly that it was too large - and the variable size didn't help.

We need to get the CJO to resign and install someone who will do their job and properly administer elections.  Without a resignation, we can't do much about it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 05:22:27 PM »

Credit where credit is due, Cinyc. You certainly were on the right side of that debate.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »

Credit where credit is due, Cinyc. You certainly were on the right side of that debate.

A blind person could see an 8 seat assembly was a complete joke.

It's a joke because no one takes it seriously when it is essentialy to be taken as such. And at other times when its not essential it is taken to seriously.  I understand why you are frustrated, but what frustrates me is that I hear all this "This game is a joke". Why is it a joke? Because it's boring? And why is it boring?

I don't know how one can connect Rowan with Hamilton, without going back to the summer of 2009. Roll Eyes

Nice framing of it to blame conservatives in general for the problem. Han, Cinyc and Dallas are hardly incompetent. Let us remember who CJO is currently?

If a volcano erupts in Iceland, it ain't because of Hamilton, Antonio. Tongue

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »

All right, people, put down your toys.

As an Attorney General, I filed a complain and appointed a Special Prosecutor to argue the case.

Be patient, calvary is coming.

@Yankee, of course tying Rowan to Hamilton (despite his well-known obsession about Kyle) is a pure nonsense. But Antonio rather mean that with transformation of Northeast from a very active and diversed region into a one party dominance, when Assemblymen, in a place of really dedicated people, were taked literally from the streets, contributed to the decline, and decline also affected veterans like Rowan, Moderate etc. etc.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 05:55:07 PM »

tying Rowan to Hamilton (despite his well-known obsession about Kyle) is a pure nonsense.

I think the obsession actually may speak to the two having very similar mental states.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 06:09:41 PM »

There's been an acknowledged problem with the current (or now, former) RPP governor for quite some time now; we've just been counting down the days until election day so we can put someone active and competent like Han in there. It's unfortunate that Rowan chose to go down even to the end in this rather classless manner.

Is Lt. Gov fezzyfestoon now the Acting Governor of the Northeast?

As for complaints that the Populares have a one-party state in the NE, that's total bullsh**t. Have you looked at the Senate results coming in now? You know, with active and engaged Populares Senator DallasFan trailing a totally inactive opponent thanks to JCP zombie votes? The fact that we have an RPP Governor and Lt. Governor should alone have put that canard to rest.

The Northeast is a competitive and vibrant region, despite the enduring presence of JCP zombies.

But pretty rich considering the claims are emanating primarily from JCPers in the Pacific, which is a true one-party machine region, Atlasia's version of the old Solid South. When's the last time the Pacific has had a non-JCP Governor or Senator, or even a  remotely competitive race for those offices?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »

Our region may be solidly JCP. But at least we have a working Governor and Lt. Governor with a legislature that still manages to function.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies