Petition for More Fiscal Responsibility and Sustainable Economic Development (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:57:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition for More Fiscal Responsibility and Sustainable Economic Development (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition for More Fiscal Responsibility and Sustainable Economic Development  (Read 4148 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: July 23, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »

The best way to influence policy is to win elections.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »

Perhaps if y'all ran halfway decent candidates or moderated yourselves to fit Atlasia, you might be able to do it. I mean, you guys do control nearly half the Senate, so I don't think it's an impossibility. Tongue

I know it's in y'all's style not to be super friendly to your Senate opponents, but maybe you forgot where Matt came quite close to the presidency. And hey, bro, sometimes Atlasia just has a death wish, like when they elected Marokai over myself, but who knows?

Matt came close but he wouldve won if you guys had halfway decent leadership. No offense to Hagrid but the Federalists are the most poorly managed major party I have encountered during my time.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:02:40 PM »

Try reading the bill thread, ZuWo - I've made it clear that I'm not about to sign the guaranteed basic income bill unless we reduce its total cost to well before the initial $1.5 trillion estimate, a point that I've already made clear to you once in another thread.

I know that it's easier to criticize without thinking critically to score a few shallow political points, but how about some collaboration? Federalists like TJ, Maxwell, and Yankee have stepped up to contribute good ideas that will improve the guaranteed basic income bill, even if they're not willing to support it fully. In any case, I would kindly request that you stop acting like this is a shock. The promise of a guaranteed basic income was the linchpin of my campaign. Of course it's up for debate in the Senate.

Strangely enough, ZuWo last criticized the Senate for not going along with a multi-billion dollar proposal to build high-speed rail lines in the Middle East. It seems a bit like "fiscal sustainability" only matters to him when he's not the one bringing home the bacon.

Zuwo is wrong, as usual.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:13:03 PM »

Any Federalists upset that most ex Liberals are koving to Labor can put basically 100% of the blame on Zuwo.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »

Any Federalists upset that most ex Liberals are koving to Labor can put basically 100% of the blame on Zuwo.

Please stop trying to suck Labor's dick. This is beyond transparent by now.

Means a lot from an anti-reform Zuwo ally? I don't suck dick mister.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »

I thank everyone who has signed the petition or left a comment so far. It is important that issues like these get as much coverage as possible so many Atlasian citizens can make up their minds. Smiley

This has been a covered issue for well over a month. Federalists like Yankee, Sbane and TJ have been debating this with us and considering that there isn't anything close to a final bill yet, its probably pointless for people to "make up their minds" already. Most Senators haven't.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »

ZuWo this was a critical debate in the presidential election. Its not something that just came up in ths Senate and we've been keeping it to ourselves.

Now if you contacted Senators and contributed to the debate you might find someone to listen. Starting an intellectually dishonest petition and PMing your friends and allies (I don't believe in zombies) doesn't do much besides give us the impression that you're a laughingstock. You don't get any credit for starting a debate.

Fortunately most in your party have taken a more measured and reasonable approach. Its obvious to anyone paying attention that Senators  in both parties want to get this done right if we do it at all.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 01:54:28 PM »

The TNF quote is pretty disgusting and offensive...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 04:49:19 PM »

I encourage anyone who supports fiscal responsibility to vote for someone who has balanced every budget he has signed. Like me!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies