Opinion of Andrew Cuomo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:57:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Andrew Cuomo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of Andrew Cuomo
FF (D)

FF (R)

HP (D)

HP (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Opinion of Andrew Cuomo  (Read 4068 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

Probably the worst democratic governor, he should switch party.

I'm pretty sure the GOP would welcome a staunch liberal in social affairs.
He's fiscally conservative, socially liberal, it's the definition of the rockefeller republicans from the Northeast, isn't it? Snowe, Collins and Chafee voted against the Partial Birth Ban, which was supported by a vast majority of Americans. And they had no problems to be "Republicans" at the same time.
So yeah, he should switch party Tongue.
They had no problems being Republicans because they always were Republicans.
Yes, but ideologically, Cuomo wouldn't have problems for being a republican!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

He's fiscally conservative, socially liberal, it's the definition of the rockefeller republicans from the Northeast, isn't it? Snowe, Collins and Chafee voted against the Partial Birth Ban, which was supported by a vast majority of Americans. And they had no problems to be "Republicans" at the same time.
If his father was the former Republican Governor of New York who almost ran for President against a Democratic president....
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 08:50:58 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

If his father was the former Republican Governor of New York who almost ran for President against a Democratic president....
You live in Florida, right? So you should know that people tend to forget politicians past Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 08:56:43 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

You live in Florida, right? So you should know that people tend to forget politicians past Tongue.
Republicans who join the Democrats tend to survive. Ask Parker Griffith how it works out for Democrats who become Republicans.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 08:58:06 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

Republicans who join the Democrats tend to survive. Ask Parker Griffith how it works out for Democrats who become Republicans.
And ask the LA republican party and Richard Shelby...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 09:00:37 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

Sure, I'll go back to 1994 when things were radically differant and ask him how it works out. And then I will come back to 2014, and see how it works for Andrew Cuomo.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 09:02:15 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

Sure, I'll go back to 1994 when things were radically differant and ask him how it works out. And then I will come back to 2014, and see how it works for Andrew Cuomo.
But Chairmansanchez, of course he won't switch party because he isn't stupid. But if he does that one day, I'm sure there wouldn't any problems for the NY gop. New York isn't Alabama.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

But Chairmansanchez, of course he won't switch party because he isn't stupid. But if he does that one day, I'm sure there wouldn't any problems for the NY gop. New York isn't Alabama.
#1. The NY GOP may not be the Alabama GOP, but it still won't run Cuomo. Ever. This is the same Governor who said conservatives are not welcome in New York.
#2. If Cuomo won't switch to the GOP, why are you calling for him to do it? He was nominated by the voters in the Democratic primary because they thought he best embodied the NY Democratic Party.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 09:12:42 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

#1. The NY GOP may not be the Alabama GOP, but it still won't run Cuomo. Ever. This is the same Governor who said conservatives are not welcome in New York.
#2. If Cuomo won't switch to the GOP, why are you calling for him to do it? He was nominated by the voters in the Democratic primary because they thought he best embodied the NY Democratic Party.
But I know Cuomo won't switch party. But I definitely hate this guy because he always trolls his party and governs as fiscal conservative. Do you understand?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 09:16:38 PM »

5 days

HP (D)

But I know Cuomo won't switch party. But I definitely hate this guy because he always trolls his party and governs as fiscal conservative. Do you understand?
But the voters of his party picked him. You can't say he is not a Democrat when most Democrats approve of him. That would be like me saying Mitt Romney is not a real Republican because he is not Ron Paul.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »

Windjammer I get someone thinking Cuomo is a DINO or whatever but how do you justify holding that opinion while also supporting Hanabusa, Mary Landrieu, Mark Pryor etc?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »

Windjammer I get someone thinking Cuomo is a DINO or whatever but how do you justify holding that opinion while also supporting Hanabusa, Mary Landrieu, Mark Pryor etc?
Mark Pryor and Mary Landrieu: Have you seen their states? It's Arkansas and Louisiana and it's basically the best the democrats can have here (especially Landrieu). Cuomo is from New York, who is definitely a solid blue state, has trolled the NY state senate democrats, and is supporting tax cuts. So yes, he's definitely not a typical DINO blue dog conservative, but much more DINO socially liberal democrat, like Patrick Murphy, Kyrsten Synema, Hashemite and you.
And for Hanabusa, once again she's not really a DINO.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 09:37:14 PM »

What on earth is this? Am I considered some kind of closeted right-winger, moderate hero or neoliberal or something now? I've been called lots of things by all kinds of people, but I think this is a new one. Tell me more.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 06:37:57 AM »

5 days

HP (D)

But the voters of his party picked him. You can't say he is not a Democrat when most Democrats approve of him. That would be like me saying Mitt Romney is not a real Republican because he is not Ron Paul.
Wasn't Cuomo unopposed in the primary?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 01:42:32 PM »

A great governor. The only thing standing between Albany and the Republican army.

You can't be serious. New York is tremendously Democratic, and they could have a far more progressive/liberal governor than Cuomo.

Anyway, Cuomo is an HP, not only for his policies, but for his desire to have the Republicans control the state senate.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2014, 01:44:35 PM »

What on earth is this? Am I considered some kind of closeted right-winger, moderate hero or neoliberal or something now? I've been called lots of things by all kinds of people, but I think this is a new one. Tell me more.
A social liberal? Are you serious? You don't know what is it?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 02:00:25 PM »

FF.  The True Leftist BS I see on every thread about him only improves my opinion of him, if anything.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 02:20:17 PM »

FF.  The True Leftist BS I see on every thread about him only improves my opinion of him, if anything.

Cuomo equated his opposition to raising taxes on millionaires with his dad's opposition to the death penalty. I really don't think it's "True Leftist BS" to call out him for being a right-winger, because that's exactly what he is, regardless of how nice he is to gay people or women or minorities. He's a Rockefeller Republican.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:19 PM »

He's done a great job here.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »

Cuomo equated his opposition to raising taxes on millionaires with his dad's opposition to the death penalty. I really don't think it's "True Leftist BS" to call out him for being a right-winger, because that's exactly what he is, regardless of how nice he is to gay people or women or minorities. He's a Rockefeller Republican.

You know better than to use that phrase. Rockefeller was far too authoritarian.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2014, 02:33:22 PM »

Just horrible.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2014, 02:44:58 PM »

No, thank you, I'm not retarded. But what the fock does 'DINO socially liberal democrat' even mean?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2014, 02:46:40 PM »

No, thank you, I'm not retarded. But what the fock does 'DINO socially liberal democrat' even mean?
There are 2 types of DINOS:
-the social liberals
-and the social conservatives

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 03:00:07 PM »

-the social liberals

That's cool mate, but, again, what on earth is a 'DINO social liberal', and why are oakvale and I considered 'DINO social liberals'?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »

-the social liberals

You explained that in entirely the wrong way, such that I have to question whether you understand the concept.

Hash, I think what they mean by "social liberal DINO" is that, while he's cool with marijuana and the gays, he's too fiscally conservative for the true leftists on here.

There.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies