Rate Michigan for 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:23:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate Michigan for 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you rate the Michigan gubernatorial election in 2022? Incumbent Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D) will likely run for reelection.
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Toss-Up/Tilt D

Toss-Up/Tilt R

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: Rate Michigan for 2022  (Read 2799 times)
UncleSam

« on: January 05, 2021, 12:10:55 PM »

Lean R. There is a deep, visceral hatred for her amongst lots of typically apolitical types due to all the COVID lockdowns, and I doubt people just forgive and forget that by 2022. Rs need to find a decent candidate and given their proclivity for nominating crazy people Whitmer definitely still has a shot, but if they nominate I.e. James or Meijer or coax someone like Engler back then she’s toast.
UncleSam

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 10:22:34 PM »

Lean R. There is a deep, visceral hatred for her amongst lots of typically apolitical types due to all the COVID lockdowns, and I doubt people just forgive and forget that by 2022. Rs need to find a decent candidate and given their proclivity for nominating crazy people Whitmer definitely still has a shot, but if they nominate I.e. James or Meijer or coax someone like Engler back then she’s toast.

Whitmer is very vulnerable, but I don't think she's a clear underdog - at least yet. Michigan still trended D this year, and while I expect it to trend R in 2022/2024, Whitmer won't be that easy to dislodge, as she is very popular among Democrats.

Off-topic, but have you ever thought about getting an avatar? You're a very knowledgeable poster (esp. about elections/trends), but I really feel like your informative posts go unnoticed because you don't have an avatar. It's super easy to make one - you just go to "profile" then to "Forum Profile Information" and pick your political party (pick Independent or Other if you don't have one) and your state.

Ty
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies