Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:45:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)  (Read 14919 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: June 02, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »

Baltic offensive was rather a small success, but it's admirable you keep your spirit.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2014, 10:06:04 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

xVon Bülow, chancellor from AH
xVon Bülow, chancellor from the German Empire
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2014, 10:14:05 AM »

xVon Bülow, chancellor from AH
xVon Bülow, chancellor from the German Empire

x King Nicholas of Montenegro
x King Alexander of Serbia
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »

We applaud Serbia and Montenegro for choosing peace over dying for interest of foreign power, which can't even guarantee her own safety.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #304 on: June 02, 2014, 10:28:07 AM »

This is actually exactly what we demanded, so we consider this a diplomatic success. Remember that the original German and Austrian demands were for the annexation of both countries into Austria-Hungary. That they signed this individually also proves that they are very much independent nations.

All Russian forces currently in Serbia are to be transported back to Russia through Romania and Bulgaria (whichever government accepts transport through) to fight there. To repair relations with our Serbian and Montenegrin brothers we will also offer to pay for reconstruction for the damages caused to both countries during the war.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #305 on: June 02, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »

This is actually exactly what we demanded, so we consider this a diplomatic success. Remember that the original German and Austrian demands were for the annexation of both countries into Austria-Hungary. That they signed this individually also proves that they are very much independent nations.

All Russian forces currently in Serbia are to be transported back to Russia through Romania and Bulgaria (whichever government accepts transport through) to fight there. To repair relations with our Serbian and Montenegrin brothers we will also offer to pay for reconstruction for the damages caused to both countries during the war.

Considering that Russia pressed for Serbia and Montenegro being neutral, while these countries ended up exclusively allied with Austro-Hungary, it only shows Russian failure there.

The best thing Russia can do for the Balkans is to leave them, before doing even more damage.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2014, 05:43:46 PM »

Considering that Russia pressed for Serbia and Montenegro being neutral, while these countries ended up exclusively allied with Austro-Hungary, it only shows Russian failure there.

You didn't read the first sentence of the treaty?

(The protection seems unnecessary--who is in a position to attack Serbia & Montenegro and has any motive to outside  maybe Albania?)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #307 on: June 02, 2014, 05:47:04 PM »

You didn't read the first sentence of the treaty?

Unlike you (which was evident when you misread the Bulgarian treaty) I do read treaties carefully. I was referring to neutrality, which you have pushed for.

Let's not be naive. Serbia and Montenegro continues to exist only because Austria-Hungary and Germany were generous victors, not because of Russia. In fact, all Russia did for these countries was to bring them into this sensless war.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:03 PM »

Our insistence that they not be annexed was what kept us in this war and that has been achieved, albeit at the cost of our formal alliance. I presume the Germans and Austrians made separate peace with them to encourage us to make peace.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #309 on: June 02, 2014, 10:36:29 PM »

In accordance with earlier demands and what had been agreed on in earlier, the Russian Empire hereby surrenders to the German Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empire and asks that peace talks be resumed.

X Tsar Nicholas II
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2014, 02:08:58 AM »

In accordance with earlier demands and what had been agreed on in earlier, the Russian Empire hereby surrenders to the German Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empire and asks that peace talks be resumed.

X Tsar Nicholas II

I accept, and I'm willing to cease fire if the Russians do the same thing.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2014, 02:12:59 AM »

OOC: And for info, Serbia and Montenegro would have accepted my initial AHS plan (you can ask Lumine if you want). It's just me who changed my mind, I just realized that it would be too instable for AH to have a total autonomous kingdom in Yougoslavia with too many people who would still hate AH.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2014, 02:45:11 AM »

OOC: And for info, Serbia and Montenegro would have accepted my initial AHS plan (you can ask Lumine if you want). It's just me who changed my mind, I just realized that it would be too instable for AH to have a total autonomous kingdom in Yougoslavia with too many people who would still hate AH.

That's what I was trying to tell you. We will begin peace talks later today (OOC: i have to sleep)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2014, 02:48:09 AM »

That's what I was trying to tell you. We will begin peace talks later today (OOC: i have to sleep)

Ooops, sorry Tongue.

And good night!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2014, 11:22:22 AM »

After careful deliberation, the straits will be opened for a non-military movement from and to Russia.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2014, 11:31:55 AM »

The USA praises the Tsar's pragmatic step.....we hope for a future in which Russia is again a part of the world community
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2014, 03:41:50 PM »

Snowstalker, just to tell you I'm waiting for your proposal. Ii have the 20 PM limits so I will answer to you tomorrow.

Best,
Windjammer
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2014, 05:48:44 PM »

Snowstalker, just to tell you I'm waiting for your proposal. Ii have the 20 PM limits so I will answer to you tomorrow.

Best,
Windjammer

OOC: I thought it should be Germany that proposes terms, giving the fact Russia did surrender.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »

It was not an unconditional surrender however, and as the Germans asked us to propose terms we did so.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2014, 04:41:13 AM »

It was not an unconditional surrender however, and as the Germans asked us to propose terms we did so.

Thanks for clarification.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #320 on: June 04, 2014, 06:56:20 PM »

xAH and German Chancellor von Bülow,

(Cranberry, I guess you should sign as well!)

We are really happy to finally end this war and hope AH and German relations with Russia will improve in the future in order to make the world safer, better, and friendlier.[/list]
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #321 on: June 04, 2014, 07:06:12 PM »

X Tsar Nicholas II
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #322 on: June 04, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »

Despite still needing Cranberry and Oldiesfreak's signature as well, I hereby consider this war over.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #323 on: June 04, 2014, 11:59:35 PM »

I'm singing this later, I just have to clarify a few things with my Chancellor.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #324 on: June 05, 2014, 07:50:57 AM »

I'm signing it now:

x Kaiser Wilhelm III
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length