Were slaves in the South justified in killing their owners? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:49:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Were slaves in the South justified in killing their owners? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: he South justified in killing their owners?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Were slaves in the South justified in killing their owners?  (Read 5191 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: September 13, 2005, 08:17:11 PM »

I would have no problems killing anyone who in any way whatsoever supported slavery.

So if you found out that one of the strippers at your favorite club is underage and being held against her will you'd suddenly turn into De Niro in Taxi Driver?

How exactly do you hold them against their will? In the case of being underage though, no she should not be there, assuming by underage you mean under 18 and not under 21 which is the minimum legal age at the club here, although not at the best ones in Minneapolis.

I was not aware that such a "worldly" person could be in the dark about this.  Sex slavery is huge business all over the world, and the United States is not exception.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 08:20:10 PM »

I don't see it as a tough call at all. Absolutely no difference between that and the French Resistance or Warsaw Uprising. Killing your oppressors in all ways.

And, it depends on what type of situation we are talking about.  The Nat Turner Rebellion was nto justified, because the rebels went nuts and killed slave "owners", overseers, any black person who woul dnot join them, and the familes of "owners".  They then went through the country side and started indiscriminatly killing just about every white person they saw.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies