PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:21:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286563 times)
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« on: January 08, 2021, 01:12:08 PM »

I’m still on board with Reschenthaler, because the others are too moderate for me.

As Reschenthaler's constituent, you do NOT want this guy in the U.S. Senate.

He seems like the PA version of Mike Gallagher. It's not like we're talking about Senator Doug Mastriano here, are we?

Truly a sane Republican

That's not much different than what we hear Ron DeSantis and Dan Crenshaw talk about. That doesn't bother me.

It should.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 02:04:27 PM »

Kenney is just desperately trying to get attention and will float his interest in any office as long as he stays in the headlines.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 04:19:24 PM »

If one subscribes to the belief that Conor Lamb is a strong candidate, I struggle to see how one can also argue that Sean Parnell isn't at least average.

Lamb's saving grace for underperforming Biden is that he did it by less than most House Democrats, but even then, he benefited from lagging trends.

I agree with this. Additionally, a scenario where the national environment isn't on the Democrats' side (likely in 2022) could easily put Parnell over the top based on his 2020 performance.

Based on his performance in one district. OK.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 10:25:31 AM »

I haven't seen something so petty and dishonest in a long time.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 01:21:17 PM »

If the dog cruelty story pans out, Oz is toast.  Burnt toast.

I thought I had seen enough negative stories about Oz and Mastriano. The Republicans certainly screwed up by nominating these two. They'd be on a much smoother path with McCormick and Barletta.

Barletta would've probably still been a fairly weak candidate.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 11:54:37 AM »

Huh? Are you lost?
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 09:39:00 PM »

Anyways folks, Fetterman will likely lose but it won't be due to this debate. In the end, I think swing voters will have sympathy for him (his favorables remain fine) and, clearly, they think Dr. Oz is an insincere douchebag but they'll tend to prefer Oz because of "the issues". In other words, unless Fetterman was a truly special candidate, he was always at risk of losing.

Huh??

I swear, a lot of you need to log off and take a break. This is bad for your sanity.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 09:41:28 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2022, 05:32:43 AM by cg41386 »

Oz definitely won the debate there's no doubt about it in my mind. Will it matter? It's certainly possible. I'm just totally disgusted with the strange nasty people here on Atlas who seem to think its a good use of their time to insult disabled people and those in recovery on the internet. Have you ever had a friend, or a relative, who had a stroke, or a stutter, who is autistic, or a disability? Just, have basic empathy, or at least keep your nastiness to yourself. Shame, shame on you.

He didn't, but okay.

Oz clearly won. You could bottle the Dem cope in this thread.

No, he didn't. Nobody "won" the debate.

Didn't watch the debate but based on the takes it seems like Oz predictably came off as smarmy and out-of-touch but it didn't matter because Fetterman is not able to speak like a functional adult as of now (or will be able to in the future?).

I'm kinda surprised that Fettermans' team even opted into this debate tbh, it would've looked awful yes but if this was the alternative I kinda feel like he blew most of his chances tonight with basically no time or options to get the momentum back.

I'd rate this as Lean R at this point, Oz wins by 2-4 imo.

Nope, isn't going to make any difference.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 09:48:19 PM »

As someone with a disability, I am beyond disgusted at so many of you.

I thought Fetterman sounded perfectly fine considering what he's been through.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 09:52:14 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2022, 09:59:55 PM by cg41386 »

Oz definitely won the debate there's no doubt about it in my mind. Will it matter? It's certainly possible. I'm just totally disgusted with the strange nasty people here on Atlas who seem to think its a good use of their time to insult disabled people and those in recovery on the internet. Have you ever had a friend, or a relative, who had a stroke, or a stutter, who is autistic, or a disability? Just, have basic empathy, or at least keep your nastiness to yourself. Shame, shame on you.

He didn't, but okay.

Oz clearly won. You could bottle the Dem cope in this thread.

No, he didn't. Nobody "won" the debate.

I mean "win" in the sense that that is how voters will perceive it.

Most voters probably didn't even watch the debate. Same with the Georgia debate. It's not going to make any difference, and nobody "won" either debate.

The abortion line was pretty stupid in a state like Pennsylvania. Obviously Roe isn't going to be the only issue in the election, but saying abortion should be "between a woman, her doctor, and local political leaders" is very stupid. Got to imagine that gem ends up in some late ads.

Ultimately that will determine who “won” the debate. Who can make the most ads from it. There’s enough material for the Fetterman campaign for the next 13 days.

Exactly. Unless I'm badly mistaken, basically nobody watches non-Presidential debates live. They are mostly important as a mine for opposition ads in the event of a candidate ing up. Plenty of material after today. I don't think anyone will deny that Oz won the debate, but he may not have done enough to actually win this race given his own issues.

I will deny it, nobody won the debate.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 03:34:40 PM »

Well, here we go. More than the debate itself, this is the kind of article you don't want after the fact, that uses it as a predicate for a discussion of lack of transparency, and handwringing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/fetterman-debate-performance-democrats-edge-pa-senate-race-rcna54158

A theme is kind of emerging. The Pubs nominate lousy candidates, and then the Dems don't do all that well in the debates. Perhaps it kind of balances out.

Some are blowing this whole debate thing way out of proportion. It’s probably not going to make much of a difference.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 11:05:19 AM »

Probably too busy deciding which residence to return to. Or looking for Wegners.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 11:52:20 AM »

Probably too busy deciding which residence to return to. Or looking for Wegners.

I'm not even joking when I say I legit think Oz will sell that house in Montco any minute now.

Wasn't he using his in-laws' house?
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2022, 02:59:15 PM »

Nope, Wegners Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies