COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:11:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 540486 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« on: August 04, 2020, 02:49:26 PM »

Today @ North Paulding High School

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 08:43:13 PM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 09:04:23 PM »

I guess it's interesting to see how many students are wearing masks? But posting pictures of random students minding their business at school is kind of creepy.

Whatever

This is no expectation of privacy in public places.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 11:19:49 PM »

I guess it's interesting to see how many students are wearing masks? But posting pictures of random students minding their business at school is kind of creepy.

Whatever

This is no expectation of privacy in public places.

Is a school a public place? Is it ok for just anyone to enter a school, especially when children are present?

"‘Public Place' means an enclosed area to which the public is invited or in which the public is permitted including, but not limited to, banks, and other financial institutions, publicly funded or owned buildings, school and college buildings, public conveyances, recreational facilities, lounges, taverns and bars, educational facilities, health care facilities, laundromats, public transportation facilities, reception areas, restaurants, retail or wholesale food production and marketing establishments including grocery stores, supermarket and stores where food items are sold for on-premises or off-premises consumption, retail service establishments, retail or wholesale stores, shopping malls, sports arenas, theaters, and waiting rooms. A private residence is not a "public place" unless it is used as a licensed child care, licensed adult day care, health care or pre-school facility."
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 04:42:07 PM »

Young people don't get very sick from COVID, my ***.

Unlike some of my cohorts, I took every precaution (wearing masks, social distancing when possible) and still got seriously ill.

Long story short, I am attending college and am renting a room.

My landlord went to Brazil to attend the funeral of his brother who, you guessed it, died from COVID.

The brother is a passionate Bolsonaro supporter who refuses to wear mask, do social distancing, or take any precaution.

Anyway, my landlord came back from Brazil and gave me COVID.

The day after I was discharged from the hospital, the vaccine became available to everyone 16 and over.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 10:36:05 AM »

Here is an interesting read:

Intelligence on Sick Staff at Wuhan Lab Fuels Debate on Covid-19 Origin

WASHINGTON—Three researchers from China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology became sick enough in November 2019 that they sought hospital care, according to a previously undisclosed U.S. intelligence report that could add weight to growing calls for a fuller probe of whether the Covid-19 virus may have escaped from the laboratory.

The details of the reporting go beyond a State Department fact sheet, issued during the final days of the Trump administration, which said that several researchers at the lab, a center for the study of coronaviruses and other pathogens, became sick in autumn 2019 “with symptoms consistent with both Covid-19 and common seasonal illness.”

The disclosure of the number of researchers, the timing of their illnesses and their hospital visits come on the eve of a meeting of the World Health Organization’s decision-making body, which is expected to discuss the next phase of an investigation into Covid-19’s origins.

Current and former officials familiar with the intelligence about the lab researchers expressed differing views about the strength of the supporting evidence for the assessment. One person said that it was provided by an international partner and was potentially significant but still in need of further investigation and additional corroboration.

[...]

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/intelligence-on-sick-staff-at-wuhan-lab-fuels-debate-on-covid-19-origin-11621796228
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 04:50:23 PM »

Has anyone here actually managed to convince someone who has vaccine hesitancy to get vaccinated?

I got no luck with my relatives in Alabama. (My mother is from Alabama)

I told them that the vaccine was developed when Trump was president and Trump himself is already vaccinated.

That didn't move them an inch.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 05:06:18 PM »

Has anyone here actually managed to convince someone who has vaccine hesitancy to get vaccinated?

I got no luck with my relatives in Alabama. (My mother is from Alabama)

I told them that the vaccine was developed when Trump was president and Trump himself is already vaccinated.

That didn't move them an inch.
What's their argument against it?
They are saying that the vaccine could cause some unforeseen side effects.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 05:50:15 PM »

Words fail me.

By her own logic, she's wrong because God wouldn't have created her.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 01:05:12 AM »

Maybe the Biden administration should be focusing on getting Democrats and Democrats leaning independents vaccinated.

That way, if there is a surge, our party would be less affected.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 04:21:36 PM »

I am going to visit relatives in Alabama (my mother is from Alabama) and many of them are anti-vaxxers.

Which precautions should I take?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 04:30:38 PM »

I am going to visit relatives in Alabama (my mother is from Alabama) and many of them are anti-vaxxers.

Which precautions should I take?

If you're fully vaccinated, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I mean, the vaccine is not 100% effective and is less effective against certain variations (i.e. Delta).
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 08:55:34 PM »

I mean you guys sure loved it when Republican congressman tested positive last year. Both this and that are distasteful.

Show me when I “loved it”.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2021, 09:09:54 PM »

The article is just idiotic.

No one (who isn’t clueless) said that the vaccine is 100% effective or that vaccinated people can’t spread the virus.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 08:00:52 PM »

Biden should focus on getting unvaccinated Democrats vaccinated and let unvaccinated Republicans die of their stupidity.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2021, 08:22:54 PM »

Biden should focus on getting unvaccinated Democrats vaccinated and let unvaccinated Republicans die of their stupidity.

Absolutely not.  Biden is President of all the people, not just those of his own party.  And I have no doubt that he believes in this (unlike his predecessor).

Biden already did his job, which is to make the vaccine readily available (including to Republicans).

It's not Biden's job to fix Republican's stupidity.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2021, 01:46:46 PM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2021, 08:12:47 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/not-swayed-experts-or-dolly-tennessee-vaccination-rates-stall-delta-n1274782
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2021, 01:58:51 PM »

In Alabama and Louisiana, partisan opposition to vaccine surges alongside Delta variant

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/24/covid-vaccine-push-rural-500717
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2021, 10:04:01 AM »

In Louisiana, Vaccine Misinformation Has Public Health Workers Feeling ‘Stuck’

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/25/us/politics/louisiana-covid-vaccine-misinformation.html
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2021, 10:26:46 AM »

Biden, Republicans and the Pandemic Blame Game

President Biden is in a tough spot: He campaigned on the ideas that he had the team to manage a pandemic and that his five-decade career as a Washington deal maker was just the ticket to overcome the country’s political polarization.

That’s not happening, not even a little.

Not only are Republicans resisting Mr. Biden’s push to end the pandemic, some of them are actively hampering it. Republican governors slow-walked vaccination efforts and lifted mask mandates early. In Washington, G.O.P. leaders like Steve Scalise, the second-ranking House Republican — who himself didn’t get vaccinated until about two weeks ago — mocked public health guidance that even vaccinated people should wear masks indoors as “government control.”

There’s little Mr. Biden can do. Nearly a year and a half of pandemic living has revealed precisely who will and won’t abide by public health guidelines.

[...]

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/us/politics/biden-republicans-coronavirus.html
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2021, 03:52:39 PM »

Louisiana is a prime example of why you do not elect "moderate" Democrats.  Their "moderate" governor just passed a mask mandate.  Disgusting display of government overreach.

...and what's the problem with a mask mandate?

Are masks so expensive that they're taking a big chunk out of your paychecks?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2021, 03:57:43 PM »

Louisiana is a prime example of why you do not elect "moderate" Democrats.  Their "moderate" governor just passed a mask mandate.  Disgusting display of government overreach.

No, they violate our freedoms.  It's no different than burqas or hijabs being mandated in Islamic nations.  If you think masks work, you are welcome to wear them.  They obviously don't work given how they literally did nothing to slow cases last year, but that's another story...

Do you also tell the policeman that you don't wear a seatbelt because it violates your freedom?

The argument is not going to fly.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2021, 04:10:47 PM »

No, they violate our freedoms.  It's no different than burqas or hijabs being mandated in Islamic nations.  If you think masks work, you are welcome to wear them.  They obviously don't work given how they literally did nothing to slow cases last year, but that's another story...

Do you also tell the policeman that you don't wear a seatbelt because it violates your freedom?

The argument is not going to fly.

Seat belts actually work though.

So do masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeYfUTA11s
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2021, 06:18:13 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2021, 06:25:34 PM by pppolitics »

I'm reporting this as false information that could hurt/kill others.
Mods please delete.
I would really like to tell you what I think of you, but it would most easily be infracted.

If masks actually work, you can just go and wear a mask?  It's not mask wearing I have a problem with, just people forcing their stupid "scientific" (religious) beliefs down other peoples throats and mandating it like it's actually going to help at all.  After 18 months we adults can make our own informed decisions thanks!

Let me this clear: I don't give a damn if you get sick from COVID and die.

After all, if you don't care about your own life, why should I?

What I do care about is you walking about the supermarket or wherever else and spreading the virus.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies