OH-2 Who would you vote for/who will win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:46:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-2 Who would you vote for/who will win?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for/who will win?
Hackett/Hackett

Hackett/Schmidt

Schmidt/Hackett

Schmidt/Schmidt

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: OH-2 Who would you vote for/who will win?  (Read 6706 times)
AuH2O
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 11:04:20 AM »

Constitution. I liked Browne a lot in 2000 (when I couldn't vote) but the 2004 Libertarian Badnarik I wasn't so sure about.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2005, 12:57:34 PM »

I would hands down vote for Hackett, and I honestly can smell an upset brewing with election.  I'm going with my gut over my head and saying Hackett will win the election.

It will certainly be an upset if Hackett wins and I hope he does

Dave
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2005, 09:05:03 PM »

Its more than a little bit childish for Hackett to call his political opponents names instead of meeting them on the battlefield of ideas.

He said on Hardball he opposes all nation building and attacked the mission in Iraq saaying that soldiers were wasting their time building schools.  He's an old style isolationist, and I bet he's anti-trade to boot though I don't know that for sure.  I wonder if this "Democrat" would oppose the Marshall Plan?  How about the nationbuilding going on in Afghanistan?  Should our foreign policy be to fight an endless series of wars and leave wreckage in our wake, precipitating the next in a series of endless pointless engagements?  He has no coherent foreign policy.

Thanks for your service to the country, Mr. Hackett, but you can go home now.  We'll take it from here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2005, 09:28:04 PM »

He said on Hardball he opposes all nation building and attacked the mission in Iraq saaying that soldiers were wasting their time building schools. 

I saw him on Hardball and he really rubbed me the wrong way. He came across as very nasty. I'm obviously supporting Schmidt in this race.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2005, 01:04:57 AM »

Thanks for your service to the country, Mr. Hackett, but you can go home now.  We'll take it from here.

Right on! For someone who was over there in Iraq keeping us safe, To say our biggest thret is President Bush, That is insane and like someone said Up there no matter who the President it he deserves more respect than that. If he was running in LA or NYC he might get away with saying that Bull Sh!t on the air, but in Cincinnati they will chew him up and spit him out, sorry guys he is not going to win, Not a chance in hell.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2005, 02:01:48 PM »

Hackett/Schmidt.  Hackett's a nice candidate but the odds are too stacked against the guy.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2005, 04:13:02 PM »

I think the Democrats (or, better, the idiots of DU and DKos) woefully underestimate the ability of the voters to see through a phony. And Hackett is clearly a phony..and opportunist.

I don't know who coordinates his campaign, but it plays like a script written by Michael Moore: (1) Find a disgruntled man-in-uniform to play pacifist--Check! (2) Childishly taunt President Bush--Check! (3) Call the GOP tax spendthrifts when your party is headed by Nancy Pelosi--Check!

This petty and warped little man needs to find psychological release from the stress of war. And, frankly, the voters of OH-2 will hand it to him in a well deserved defeat.

Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2005, 04:50:17 PM »

Schmidt/lean Schmidt, although I wouldn't call it in just yet.

I think what he's doing is interesting, though. He's banking, from what I can tell, on the rhetoric coming off as "straight talk" being that he is a soldier and so forth and not a person from which one would expect toned down Michael Moore rhetoric. That's the big question, whether or not that will pay off. I have to say the odds are against him. If he picks up this seat I say the Dems have done exceedingly well in sneaking up on a seat that wasn't even in the back of anyone's mind a few months ago.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2005, 05:05:29 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2005, 05:08:40 PM by nickshepDEM »

I think the Democrats (or, better, the idiots of DU and DKos) woefully underestimate the ability of the voters to see through a phony. And Hackett is clearly a phony..and opportunist.

I don't know who coordinates his campaign, but it plays like a script written by Michael Moore: (1) Find a disgruntled man-in-uniform to play pacifist--Check! (2) Childishly taunt President Bush--Check! (3) Call the GOP tax spendthrifts when your party is headed by Nancy Pelosi--Check!

This petty and warped little man needs to find psychological release from the stress of war. And, frankly, the voters of OH-2 will hand it to him in a well deserved defeat.

Thanks for the laugh.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2005, 05:19:04 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2005, 05:22:30 PM by Storebought »

Thanks for the laugh.

Quotes from the Hackett For Congress Website:

About the Iraq War:

I was against the war. It was a misuse of our military that damaged our credibility throughout the world and squandered our political capital. Still, I volunteered to serve, and I have no regrets.

About Social Security:

The money put into Social Security from your paycheck should be used only for Social Security benefits. Treat it like your Christmas savings account: Don’t tap into it throughout the year to pay for other stuff

Second, instead of capping Social Security taxes at $90,000 of income, let’s kick that number up to $150,000. (I’d like to take credit for the idea, but Warren Buffet thought of it first.) This simple step would eliminate much of the Social Security shortfall.

About the Environment:

Americans account for about 4.5% of the world’s population, yet we consume 25% of the world’s energy resources.

Our consumption affects the environment when fuels are mined and burned, and long after. It’s only right that we assume a measure of responsibility for the nation’s—and the global—environment. More than that, it’s appropriate that we assume a leadership role.

That means our government must be more forward-looking and honest with us when it comes to environmental issues and policy. The present administration has a dismal record in this area and is undoing much of the progress we’ve made in recent years.
They’ve done little to dispel the accusation that they care more about big oil companies than the world we’re leaving our children.

And so forth...

Tell me, where in any way does this Hackett fellow deviate once from the Left-Democrat Party line? Truth: he doesn't.

What is more insulting than his repeated questioning of George Bush's patriotism (trust us: Bush can take it) and wrapping himself in the flag (several pictures of him in that pose) is his delusion that those stunts, combined with the classless presentation of his ideology, will just blindside the conservative idiots of the district to vote for him.

Exactly as I have said before: Another Max Cleland
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2005, 05:34:15 PM »

And so forth...

Tell me, where in any way does this Hackett fellow deviate once from the Left-Democrat Party line? Truth: he doesn't.

Most Democrats tend to have the same platform as do many Republicans.  He's different in the way he presents himself.  Love him or hate him he says whats on his mind.  I can't blame a guy for speaking his mind.

his delusion that those stunts, combined with the classless presentation of his ideology, will just blindside the conservative idiots of the district to vote for him.

Seems to be working.  Internals have to be close or the NRCC wouldnt have dropped $500,000 into this race over the past couple weeks.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2005, 05:41:34 PM »

And so forth...

Most Democrats tend to have the same platform as do many Republicans.  He's different in the way he presents himself.  Love him or hate him he says whats on his mind.  I can't blame a guy for speaking his mind.

his delusion that those stunts, combined with the classless presentation of his ideology, will just blindside the conservative idiots of the district to vote for him.

Seems to be working.  Internals have to be close or the NRCC wouldnt have dropped $500,000 into this race over the past couple weeks.

It would be irresponsible for the NRCC to not donate money to an exposed candidate in an off-year election (I'm from Louisiana -- I can recongize immediately when a local candidate is stiffed by the national party).

But, just as telling, is the fact that the DU-ers and other Internet leftists have expended so much energy and money in the campaign of someone who "acts like" a McCain moderate.

Always manner and no substance with the Democrats these days.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2005, 05:47:22 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2005, 05:52:17 PM by nickshepDEM »

Are you trying to tell me Hackett is the candidate in this race without substance?  Jean Schmidt has quite possibly blown a race that a dead dog with an (R) behind its name could have won by 20+%.  She's walking around with buttons of her missing nephew trying to rack up some sympathy votes.  She's resorted to "swift boating" a U.S. Veteran who may be returning to Iraq if he loses this race.

Your attacking Hacket for walking the party line... What about Schmidt?  Her lines are straight out of the Republican playbook.

Give me a break.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2005, 05:49:55 PM »

Hackett/Schmidt.  Cincinatti does not strike me as an area that would vote for this guy.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2005, 05:55:39 PM »

Are you trying to tell me Hackett is the candidate in this race without substance?  Jean Schmidt has quite possibly blown a race that a dead dog with an (R) behind its name could have won by 20+%.  She's walking around with buttons of her missing nephew trying to rack up some sympathy votes.  She's resorted to "swift boating" a U.S. Veteran who may be returning to Iraq if he loses this race.

Your attacking hacket for walking the party line... What about schmidt?  Her lines are straight out of the Republican playbook.

Give me a break.

Which is why I, nowhere, rousingly endorsed Schmidt. She was just the less repulsive alternative.

No: what I find repulsive about Hackett is the contempt he, and his supporters, hold non-liberal voters. He thinks that acting like an ass will be his shoo-in for Congress, regardless of his liberal ideology. Now, if Hackett ran for Congress in inner-city Cleveland or Toledo, then I would not pay attention to this race, as he and his district share the same political leanings. But for him to come to "down-home" Ohio, and pull his DKos-funded stunt there, just offends me to no end.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2005, 05:58:52 PM »

Schmidt will win...those damn inheritence taxes...those who pay them are the REAL heroes!
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2005, 06:00:30 PM »

But for him to come to "down-home" Ohio, and pull his DKos-funded stunt there, just offends me to no end.

And if the people of "down-home" Ohio send him to congress on Aug, 2nd?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2005, 06:02:55 PM »

But for him to come to "down-home" Ohio, and pull his DKos-funded stunt there, just offends me to no end.

And if the people of "down-home" Ohio send him to congress on Aug, 2nd?

Then it will be the obligation of the GOP to send him back on Nov 7
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2005, 06:07:15 PM »

Then it will be the obligation of the GOP to send him back on Nov 7

This is where I agree w/ you.  I can see him upsetting Schmidt now, but in 2006 w/ decent voter turnout he really doesnt stand much of a chance.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2005, 11:12:24 PM »

Its more than a little bit childish for Hackett to call his political opponents names instead of meeting them on the battlefield of ideas.
Waaaaaah
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2005, 02:22:19 AM »

Waaaaaah

Are you having a seizure or something?
RBH

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2005, 02:39:41 AM »

http://www.hackettforcongress.com/index.php?page=display&id=81

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(Of course, i'm sure that the Left-Democrats are now slightly to the middle on Guns now. Ha.)

"That Darn Hackett, he says he complies with the gun laws? And he has a safety lock? He's a damn weasel!"

Paul does have a pretty sensible stand on Guns. I don't have any objection to someone having guns around their home. I just hope they keep themselves safe. As well, I would really like to see a crackdown on illegal firearms dealings, mainly when it comes to the people who sell to gangs and other criminals.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2005, 06:32:53 AM »

Well, considering this district was 72%GOP/28% Dem in November, it would take nothing shot of a political earthquake for Hachett to win (a 22% swing). If Hackett achieves half that he's done well

I'd support Hackett in this race. No question

Dave
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2005, 11:05:01 AM »

When can we expect results?

"The battle`s fought but tell me who has won?"[7i]
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2005, 10:05:52 PM »

When can we expect results?

"The battle`s fought but tell me who has won?"[7i]

She won, By about 2000 votes. She just gave her speech.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies