War supporters, have you signed up? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:26:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  War supporters, have you signed up? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes, I have enlisted

I'm a member of the 101st Fighting Keyboardists

I'm too young

I'm anti-war

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: War supporters, have you signed up?  (Read 10422 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: June 02, 2005, 01:37:24 AM »

If you're pro-war, they need you.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source: ABCNews article discussed here:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/6/2/11236/37342
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 01:45:09 AM »

I'll sign up when they stop bringing criminal charges against people like Sgt. Pantano, stop cutting combat pay in the middle of combat, stop cutting veterans benefits, etc.

Being pro-war doesn't oblige me to accept being abused by a negligent Commander in Chief.

So you support the Democrats on issues of combat pay and veterans benefits? That's good, but Rumsfeld says "You have to go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you want."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 02:15:47 AM »

I'll sign up when they stop bringing criminal charges against people like Sgt. Pantano, stop cutting combat pay in the middle of combat, stop cutting veterans benefits, etc.

Being pro-war doesn't oblige me to accept being abused by a negligent Commander in Chief.

So you support the Democrats on issues of combat pay and veterans benefits? That's good, but Rumsfeld says "You have to go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you want."

I thought Rumsfeld should have resigned after his first QDR in 2001.  He can piss off.

Don't tell me the Democrats are pro-military.  They only care about the veteran's and soldier's issues as much as they need to for a political advantage.  Their votng records don't show concern for these issues, its all a show and I'm not convinced.

The Dems are the ones pounding the table about Gitmo, for example.  At Gitmo, American MPs have had disciplinary action taken against them for "Koran abuse".  Koran abuses at Gitmo include such unforgivable offenses as handling a Koran without wearing clean gloves, placing a Koran on a television set or the floor, and for some personnel it is against the rules to touch a Koran at all.  And for this they are disciplined!  This isn't Koran abuse, its soldier abuse.  Its this kind of treatment that wipes out my occaisional feelings of responsibility to join the military.

Look at Pantano.  This man's life is ruined because he reloaded his gun and emptied a magazine into a corpse of an insurgent.  Before him, there was the interrogations officer who fired a pistol into the air to coerce information out of a detainee.  He gained critical information that saved soldiers lives, but for his firing a pistol, he was Court Martialed.  His life is ruined.  Why would I put myself in a situation where I could have all my hard work wiped out in an instant because of absurdly strict rules of engagement?

Of course I wouldn't.  And anyone who thinks John Kerry or Al Gore would be better is nuts, they'd be far worse, and my evidence is that every time one of these things happens its Democrats and liberals who want these people strung up.

The Democrats are for increased soldier pay, health benefits, and combat armour. The Republicans have a sh**tty record there. The Democratic position is that when the Pentagon orders soldiers to torture, the Pentagon should be held responsible. The Pentagon has been blaming everything on the common enlisted man. I side with the Democratic party and the common enlisted man, and against the Pentagon, Halliburton, and Bush.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 02:55:36 AM »

jfern, add an option "I'm handicapped" next time (not that I'm handicapped, just saying).

Anyway, option 4.

Too late now. Those people can choose the "I'm too young" option.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 03:28:33 AM »

jfern, add an option "I'm handicapped" next time (not that I'm handicapped, just saying).

Yeah, that way jfern can have an option to pick. Smiley

Come back here and take what you deserve to get. I'll bite your legs off!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 12:37:58 AM »

Come on, guys, the National Guard says only 1 weekend a month, and 2 weeks a year. It's really not much.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 04:43:00 AM »

Come on guys, they really need you.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

Come on guys, they really need you.
Would you let foreigners join in exchange for citizenship, please?

They let foreigners join. That should be enough for the pro-war people.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 07:55:12 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2005, 07:57:24 PM by jfern »

15 years over the enlistment max age you are TX. 

I voted anti-war.  I remember being about an hour from SF when all the buildup was going on.  I remember being pretty anti-protest as well, you'll recall.  I still don't understand how throwing a newspaper stand through a korean store owner's store window helps the people of Iraq. 

I wish there was an option for "still abjectly anti-war, but don't get me confused with those violent leftist anti-war types."  Actually, there was a pretty good article in the SFgate about SF republicans against the war, and how the manifestations of their antiwar mentality were decidedly different than the childish and often damaging manifestations of the anti-bush antiwar crowd.

Most of the millions who protested were not violent. Stereotype much? There were at least a quarter million peaceful protestors in SF (including me). I didn't see anyone who was violent. How do you know that the person who threw the newspaper stand wasn't just trying to make the anti-war people look bad?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 01:06:36 AM »

15 years over the enlistment max age you are TX. 

I voted anti-war.  I remember being about an hour from SF when all the buildup was going on.  I remember being pretty anti-protest as well, you'll recall.  I still don't understand how throwing a newspaper stand through a korean store owner's store window helps the people of Iraq. 

I wish there was an option for "still abjectly anti-war, but don't get me confused with those violent leftist anti-war types."  Actually, there was a pretty good article in the SFgate about SF republicans against the war, and how the manifestations of their antiwar mentality were decidedly different than the childish and often damaging manifestations of the anti-bush antiwar crowd.

Most of the millions who protested were not violent. Stereotype much? There were at least a quarter million peaceful protestors in SF (including me). I didn't see anyone who was violent. How do you know that the person who threw the newspaper stand wasn't just trying to make the anti-war people look bad?

Non-violent, eh?  So that is why they clashed with police here in Erie after the cops told them to stop blocking the main streets?

There were 20 million people peacefully protesting that day. Who gives a sh**t about a few bad apples who may have been trying to make the 20 million peaceful protestors look bad.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 01:13:12 AM »

I really doubt their were 20 million just like I doubt their were a million men at the million man march.

No there really were 20 million people protesting that day. Not all in one place, but London had 2 million.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies