The White House: Marokai/Duke, 3/13- (Farewell!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:10:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House: Marokai/Duke, 3/13- (Farewell!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The White House: Marokai/Duke, 3/13- (Farewell!)  (Read 8760 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 21, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
« edited: March 21, 2013, 09:28:56 PM by DemPGH, Atty. Gen. »

Mr. President,

I would encourage you to ask Attorney General DemPGH to review the constitutionality of the bill just signed and whether the passage of Nix's Game Moderation Reform amendment would have necessitated an amendment to change the names.

Regards;
Sen. NC Yankee,
IDS Regional Senator.

I presume you are referring to the Dept. Renaming Act. Let me or us know the specific nature of the problem, and I may conduct a full review ASAP.

I.5.28 of the Constitution gives the Senate the power to create executive departments (which is what we are talking about, right?) and to assign them responsibilities. As I see it, all the Dept. Renaming Act does is make old dept. names synonymous with new ones. Unless I am overlooking something, I think the Senate has the power to do that. If you think there is a breach of the 15th amendment, let me know what you think it is. As I see the 15th amendment, it simply outlines duties and responsibilities of the officers who hold posts in these departments.    
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:30:52 PM »

Accepted with pride - thanks for the mention. Smiley

It'll be no problem keeping my area up to date, and when there is a lull I'll get back to the backlog, and some of it I will pick up after my tenure as A.G., like the resolutions, since I have Wiki access now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies