The White House: Marokai/Duke, 3/13- (Farewell!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:05:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House: Marokai/Duke, 3/13- (Farewell!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The White House: Marokai/Duke, 3/13- (Farewell!)  (Read 8694 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2013, 01:35:57 PM »
« edited: July 05, 2013, 12:15:00 PM by Citizen Marokai »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upEOW3xAwCw

Let's go! This White House is always open!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 01:40:07 PM »

First thing's first, to make these official: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170077.0

The occupants of the Secretary of Internal Affairs, Secretary of External Affairs, Game Moderator, and Attorney General positions, if even filled at all, are hereby dismissed.

I hereby appoint the following:

Bacon King to be Attorney General.

Adam Griffin to be Game Moderator.

Snowguy to be Secretary of Internal Affairs.

Polnut to be Secretary of External Affairs.

I also implore the Senate to create the position of Deputy Attorney General swiftly; and to confirm DemPGH for that job. Until then, I will consider DemPGH an informal "legal aide."
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2013, 05:39:22 PM by President Marokai »

When the Senate resumes business after confirmations, I ask interested Senators to introduce the following first few bills on behalf of the Administration:  

Ratification Decentralization Amendment

Article VII, Section 1 of the Constitution shall be amended to read the following:

1. The Senate, whenever two-thirds of its number shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of this Constitution when ratified by three-quarters of the Regions.

2. Proposals to amend the Constitution that pass the Senate and are sent to the Regions for ratification shall never be required to be voted on by the Senate again in the future.

3. Regions shall be free to ratify Amendments passed by the Senate multiple times, in any of the following ways, chosen by their legislature:
3a. Approval by vote of the Region's lawmaking body,
3b. Signature of the Governor of the region, or
3c. Public referendum wherein each citizen shall vote via public post, in a length determined by the Region's lawmaking process.

Cabinet Restructuring Act of 2013

The Senate recognizes the fact that the Attorney General position is a useful way for newcomers to prove themselves, and that something must be done to reinforce the position from routine inactivity or vacancy, and thus..

1. The position of Deputy Attorney General (D. AG) is therefore established to be filled in accordance with existing Senate procedure, and this position shall be responsible for similar portfolios as the Attorney General, assisting him therein.

Anti-Pestering Act

1. Any Atlasian who makes an explicit request in the New Register Thread to be placed on a "Do-Not-PM list" will be registered in such a list by the Registrar General.

2. The "Do-Not-PM list" shall be visible in one of the opening posts of the Census Bureau thread, and any Atlasian wishing to campaign through PMs is requested to read the "Do not PM list" before doing so.

3. If anyone on the "Do-Not-PM list" receives a PM with the intent to sway the individual to vote in an ongoing election or ratification, or vote for a specific candidate, the sender's vote shall be invalidated and will not be counted in the final tally for said election (or ratification) as punishment.

Regional Government Board Promotion Resolution

In further recognition of the importance that Regional Governments have taken in the last few years, the Senate recognizes the need to give them equal prominence to the "Atlas Fantasy Government" board. To this end, the Atlasian government requests the promotion of the Regional Governments childboard to front-page board status.

Libertas Doesn't Understand Fusion Voting Act

1. The Fusion Ballot Reform Act is hereby repealed.

2. A party may, at its discretion determined by individual bylaws, authorize a "fusion pact" with another party allowing specified candidates for Presidential, Senate, or Regional elections to run under a unified banner to appear on the official voting ballot.

3. Fusion pacts shall not be interpreted as to prevent other candidates from running as members of their party without the fusion pact banner.

4. A party may, at its discretion as determined by individual bylaws, prohibit any candidate from appearing on the ballot with it's official party name.

5. These decisions must be made and reported to the SoFE (or other election administrators) by 48 hours in advance of the election.

We Need More Political Parties Amendment

Article V, Section 1, Clause 7 of the Constitution is hereby amended to read the following:

"7. Any political party of three or more members is considered to be an organized political party. The benefits of being an organized political party may be determined by the Senate by appropriate legislation."

Omnibus Green Energy Policy Act

Section 1: Cleanup

1. The following Acts are hereby repealed and stricken from the record, to be placed in the "Repealed Statute" page:

Section 2: Regulations & Energy Goals

1. Electricity utilities must procure at least 20% of their provided electricty through renewable energy resources and energy efficiency by 2020.

2. Electricity providers who supply over 4 million MWh to citizens are required to produce 20 percent of its electricity from renewable sources (wind, solar, geothermal) by 2025.

2a. Companies will be required to pay a fee if they do not meet this standard by 2025.

3. Private individuals who use green energy sources on their land, such as solar or wind, who produce more energy than their household requires, may sell the excess power to their public utility at 70-90% of the established utility rate up to a maximum of $150k/year.

Section 3: Tax Credits & Subsidies

1. The corporate tax rate will be cut 3.5% from current levels for electricity utilities and green energy providers until 2025 to encourage investment.

1a. Any company that is 15% below its allotted carbon emissions cap will receive an additional 3.5% cut on their corporate taxes in addition to the cut outlined in Clause 1.

2. All homes equipped to be at least 30% energy efficient, shall receive a rebate of $1000. The percentile shall increase by 2% every year with the rebate also increasing by 5% every year.

3. Any household that purchases a clean energy device for their home, including, but not limited to: solar panels, a wind turbine, or tapping geothermal energy, shall receive a tax credit equal to 25% of the cost of the clean energy device, not to exceed $10,000, until the year 2015.

Stimulating Efficient Automotive Sales Act

Section 1: Rebates

1. An optional rebate of $4500-$5000 shall be given to consumers who purchase a compact automobile (car) with a rating of at least 37 miles to the gallon or more.

2. An optional rebate of $3500-$4000 shall be given to consumers who purchase a Sport Utility Vehicle or truck with a rating of at least 30 miles to the gallon or more.

3. The total amount of the rebate shall be determined by the amount of gas mileage to the gallon.

4. A total of $8 billion shall be appropriated to this program.

5. This program shall come to an end eight months after being signed into law, or the depletion of the funds appropriated, whichever first occurs.

Section 2: Eligibility

1. To qualify for the rebate outlined in Section 1, Clause 1, the consumer must have a car that is a model manufactured at least ten years ago, and has been estimated by the EPA to travel 17 miles to the gallon.

2. To qualify for the rebate outlined in Section 1, Clause 2, the consumer must have a Sport Utility Vehicle or truck that is a model manufactured at least ten years ago, and has been estimated by the EPA to travel 14 miles to the gallon.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »

As the Midwest has finally ratified the Amendment to the Amendment Amendment, at last our signature requirements for the National Initiative System have been reduced to a usable level!

In light of this, I will immediately be asking Homelycooking to open an initiative proposal thread that the public can, finally, fairly participate in.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:34:58 AM »

Mr. President,

If you have noticed, we have a sh**tload of bills in the queue. We also have the executive slot to fill. Therefore, is there anything you want in that slot at the present time, either of what was in the queue beforehand or has been added from your tra...er...agenda? In fact, if you could post a list of preference, that would be most effective and avoid communication delays.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Senate Dean.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 04:17:10 PM »

Mr. President,

If you have noticed, we have a sh**tload of bills in the queue. We also have the executive slot to fill. Therefore, is there anything you want in that slot at the present time, either of what was in the queue beforehand or has been added from your tra...er...agenda? In fact, if you could post a list of preference, that would be most effective and avoid communication delays.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Senate Dean.

I'll request, first, that the Napoleon-sponsored "Empowering Regions in Federal Elections Amendment" be given first dibs on the executive que slot. After that, I would prefer the Amendment introduced to give regions more power over ratification.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 11:58:48 PM »

On the Attorney General position:

Due to the regrettable circumstances surrounding Bacon King's activity and his confirmation hearing, he has (understandably) failed confirmation by the Senate. In his place, I nominate DemPGH to the position of Attorney General and hope the Senate will begin a confirmation hearing shortly.

I will make my final decision on the Game Moderator position tomorrow.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 10:59:33 AM »

Mr. President,

The Animal Protection Act has passed the Senate and is presented to you for your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Senate President Pro-Tempore.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 03:12:57 PM »

On appointing a Game Moderator:

After an exhaustive search for a good candidate to be Game Moderator, I admit I got a bit worried we wouldn't find someone for the job. I offered the job to roughly a dozen people, not including people who have asked me personally for the position, and yet, they've all turned me down. Even people who asked for it! Sad

I discussed with Senator Nix the current situation, and he believes that, while he could serve as GM, he would rather stay in the Senate, and as someone just elected to a new term, I believe as well that he should remain in service to the citizens of the Northeast as their Senate representative. Because of the current situation, Nix has confided in my that he will be willing to give Adam Griffin a chance, and that a GM with initial potential questions on his service, but who is supremely qualified regardless, deserves this job over having none at all.

Because of the new circumstances, I have decided to renominate Adam Griffin to the position of Game Moderator. If confirmed, he'll kick ass. Thanks!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 05:24:29 PM »

My support for Griffin is unchanged.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »

Mr. President,

The TRICARE Reform Act of 2013 has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 08:04:17 PM »

Mr. President,

The Department Renaming Act has passed the Senate and is presented to you for your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »

Too slow, Yankee!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 07:26:48 PM »

Discriminating against poor people with their slow connections, nice way to show your conservative credentials, Marokai. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »

Mr. President,

I would encourage you to ask Attorney General DemPGH to review the constitutionality of the bill just signed and whether the passage of Nix's Game Moderation Reform amendment would have necessitated an amendment to change the names.

Regards;
Sen. NC Yankee,
IDS Regional Senator.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2013, 09:28:56 PM by DemPGH, Atty. Gen. »

Mr. President,

I would encourage you to ask Attorney General DemPGH to review the constitutionality of the bill just signed and whether the passage of Nix's Game Moderation Reform amendment would have necessitated an amendment to change the names.

Regards;
Sen. NC Yankee,
IDS Regional Senator.

I presume you are referring to the Dept. Renaming Act. Let me or us know the specific nature of the problem, and I may conduct a full review ASAP.

I.5.28 of the Constitution gives the Senate the power to create executive departments (which is what we are talking about, right?) and to assign them responsibilities. As I see it, all the Dept. Renaming Act does is make old dept. names synonymous with new ones. Unless I am overlooking something, I think the Senate has the power to do that. If you think there is a breach of the 15th amendment, let me know what you think it is. As I see the 15th amendment, it simply outlines duties and responsibilities of the officers who hold posts in these departments.    
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 07:36:26 PM »

So what bill is next for the highway to hel...er...I mean the executive agenda slot? Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 06:13:28 PM »

So what bill is next for the highway to hel...er...I mean the executive agenda slot? Tongue

Let's try the Ratification Decentralization Amendment. I'm eager to have another game reform initiative completely torpedoed. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »

Why not, its been over a decade since I went to a funeral. Evil
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 08:47:36 PM »

Mr. President Marokai, what is your opinion of THE REVOLUTION?
Knives
solopop
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 10:10:31 AM »

Mr President, endorse me for Pacific Council if you love freedom!

xoxo
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 03:46:20 AM »

Announcement: Within the next day, I will be making a speech about what I view as the future of the North American economy and the future of Atlasian-Canadian relations.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 05:21:36 PM »

The future of Atlasian-Canadian relations and our common bond.
3/29/2013

Greetings.

Canada is our closest ally, our largest trading partner, and beyond all of that, a dear friend to Atlasia. In an increasingly globalized world and an uncertain global economic future, I have come to believe unnecessary economic walls that exist between us and our friends, when possible, should be broken down. Canada and Atlasia share many qualities, an almost familial bond in this increasingly conflicted world, and I seek to strengthen that bond from today onward.

It is for that purpose, that I am speaking today in support of an Atlasian-Canadian Common Market. This economic union, emphasizing freedom of movement, unifying customs regulations, a reduction of all remaining trade barriers, and dramatically freer movement of production and capital in this proposed Common Market will, I believe, lead to greatly increased economic activity for our two nations, while respecting our respective autonomy.

The ultimate goal will to achieve a freedom of movement, goods, capital, and production between Atlasia and Canada that is as easy and swift as within our own, with as little exceptions as possible.

In addition to the economic benefits of this proposed economic union of sorts, I seek (in addition to, of course, the outright elimination of the passport requirement for traveling in the Atlasian-Canadian borders) much laxer residency requirements for Canadians seeking to live in Atlasia, and Atlasians seeking to live in Canada, with informal regional "jurisdiction" of sorts over certain Atlasian citizens who seek to establish permanent or temporary residency in different parts of Canada after the establishment of this proposed common market. For instance, an Atlasian citizen seeking to establish residency in Nova Scotia could be considered as part of the Northeast Region for voting purposes as long as they maintain a valid Atlasian citizenship. Likewise, someone seeking residency in Saskatchewan could be, for electoral and other purposes, part of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest.

I very strongly believe in this freedom of movement aspect, and consider it a vital part of an increasingly unified and simplified Atlasian and Canadian economy, and only find it to be a fair evolution of the economic union idea.

While this proposed Atlasian-Canadian Common Market, with increased emphasis on ease and freedom of movement between our two peoples, can be seen by many as a mere first step to strengthening the North American economy at large, I can think of no better partner in a common market for Atlasia to first enter in with, than Canada. I ask Prime Minister Stephen Harper to reflect on my Administration's support for this idea, and my words here today, considering the potential benefits for both our countries in these uncertain times.

If the government of Canada wishes to act on this proposal only after formal proposal and debate of such an idea in the Atlasian Senate, my Administration can draft this proposal as promptly as needed.

Thank you, and Dave bless.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 07:43:19 PM »

I think this proposal would be a common-sense step forward in our relationship with Canada. I will be a strong advocate for this plan in the senate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »

I think this proposal would be a common-sense step forward in our relationship with Canada. I will be a strong advocate for this plan in the senate.

Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies