2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:13:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 623362 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: November 03, 2020, 08:28:06 PM »

We're in the best timeline, not only is Trump perhaps winning, but we're gaining house seats in places like South Florida, hahahaha

The BLM violence probably did more to help Trump win then anything! Democrats made a huge mistake becoming violent. They should have stayed peaceful, focused on covid, impeachment and fixing the economy.

If Biden's overperforming Hillary among whites but underperforming among non-whites, then BLM violence probably wasn't much of a factor.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 12:24:55 AM »

None of these people are the nominee.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 12:32:10 AM »

Jesus Christ.

F#ck polls. If Biden loses this, we might as well ignore polls altogether and just keep running like we're ten points behind.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 01:36:51 AM »

How the F#CK do you look at the last four years, and especially this year, and say "yeah i want more of this"
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 01:44:05 AM »

How the F#CK do you look at the last four years, and especially this year, and say "yeah i want more of this"

Honestly, there are some things that we won't be able to understand even if we have the best empirical knowledge.

I've discovered this about humans. It's partly why I'm majoring in psychology.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 02:02:31 AM »

I think we need to start taking a more fundamental look at why Trump's base have remained so loyal to him, through all of this. I think people on this forum have greatly misconstrued the reasons why. I certainly think that I haven't given it enough consideration in recent months.

I think we fail to realize just how manipulable the human psyche is. Trump is far from the first person to successfully lead a cult. To the outsider, it's completely irrational why people are allured by movements like the People's Temple or Heaven's Gate. I don't think it boils down to just one reason.

But Scripture warns us of false prophets. Perhaps some introspection would be good for all of us, because idolatry is central to all the wrongdoings of man. But it is subtle in nature and all fall victim to its prowess.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 02:12:31 AM »

Honestly, there are some things that we won't be able to understand even if we have the best empirical knowledge.

I've discovered this about humans. It's partly why I'm majoring in psychology.

The democratic party lost when they started  accusing people of stuff(racist, sexist, etc) and doubled down on the lost when they got violent. Focus on real economic solutions that help people and you may well have a break through. Most people hate the sjw whining and hate having to live in fear of some thug kicking their head in.

I won't deny that the woke left hasn't done itself any favors. I don't think that "identity politics" is something we can dismiss outright, but the big picture isn't about criminals sabotaging noble causes (I believe that most of the rise in crime can be attributed to the isolation 2020 has forced upon us). I'm worried about inequality. I'm worried about losing my healthcare because the Supreme Court will re-legalize discrimination against people with pre-existing conditions. I'm worried about the fate of the climate, and how much of this world will still be inhabitable in fifty years.

I believe it's very possible we're living in the End Times. I'm no Nostradamus, but I've seen enough omens to believe this might be the case. And frankly, I welcome it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 02:23:14 AM »

That's true. Hopefully Democrats might be able to pull that out.

That's what she said.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 03:03:42 AM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 03:48:34 AM »

Reposting what I wrote on AAD, because some might need a reality check:

Regardless of the outcome, I think we have to accept the fact that court reform is no longer a possibility. We are at the mercy of five hard-right judges and one center-right judge. The oldest justice is Stephen Breyer. If Democrats were winning the Senate, we'd be preparing for his retirement and the swearing-in of Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson. It's not happening. And a Biden win alone is not going to protect Roe (which is already dead in all but name) or Obamacare.

So yeah, I'm doomering regardless of the outcome at this point really. If Biden wins, the next four years will be defined by damage mitigation. If Trump wins, the courts will continue to be slanted towards the far-right and progressive reform will be off the table for the next generation.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 06:06:28 AM »

I'm torn as to whether I should sleep all day or stay up all day. I feel sick.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 07:13:17 AM »

Apologize now or my father will shut down this site.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 07:19:40 AM »

>mfw Trump voters are sent to re-education camps in January
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 07:34:06 AM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 07:38:27 AM »

Sorry, but we're in the Years of Lead now. The cultural and economic conflicts will not be resolved peacefully, no matter how much we'd like them to be.

I'm just sh!tposting though. It's rather cathartic.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 07:50:36 AM »

How about those of you sniping at each other give it a rest for the day?  Emotions are high and I'm sure most of us are tired.

Just let the memes soothe you.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2020, 08:04:32 AM »

Roy Cooper has now won North Carolina twice as Trump (likely) wins it, this time while we lose a Senate race too.

I think he’s a good option for 2024. Southerner with purple state appeal and strong executive experience.

Cooper would be a better candidate for 2022 when Burr retires.

Jeff Jackson would also be a good candidate for either Senate or governor. He should've ran this year, in all honesty.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2020, 08:22:27 AM »

So, Biden’s going to win WI and MI, isn’t he?

Yup. We're on the steady path to full communism. Trotsky-Bidenism will prevail.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2020, 08:46:26 AM »

I apologize for my hostility in this thread. I'm kinda jacked up on Lyrica and Xanax and tobacco and my mood has been going all over the place throughout the night. The loss of the Senate put me firmly on IDGAF mode.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2020, 09:08:17 AM »

Except Latino voters are mixed race and generally look different than whites. This isn't about assimilation, this is about Trump being a good fit for Latino culture (and Black culture, where he relatively gained as well).

What does this even mean?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 09:23:27 AM »

Except Latino voters are mixed race and generally look different than whites. This isn't about assimilation, this is about Trump being a good fit for Latino culture (and Black culture, where he relatively gained as well).

What does this even mean?

He has the machismo thing going for him. I will get a lot of sh*t for saying this, but Biden ran a very feminine campaign, advocating mask wearing, not even doing GOTV, etc. It doesn't play in working class minority neighborhoods. Can you think of a less feminine music genre than rap?

I, uh, didn't realize that campaigns could be placed on a gender spectrum. Is this the inevitable conclusion of fourth-wave feminism?

Trump danced to YMCA and offered to kiss men. Clearly his campaign is genderqueer or questioning and very bisexual.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »

I'm super tired so I might have mentioned this before, but the way this result is looking right now is pretty much a dream result for moderate republicans. They get rid of Trump and at least have a chance at taking the party in a direction away from Trumpism, while holding the senate and effectively making Biden a lame duck president. On the other hand, it could just pave the way for Alex Jones 2024 or even Q himself.

IF things hold as they are, I'm quite pleased.  I will say, though, that I'm saddened some of my favorite Democrats in the House lost last night.  
I haven't even paid attention to the house yet. Which ones were you sad to see lose?

Horn, Cunningham, Shalala, and Peterson all lost. The Blue Dog/New Dem coalition is going to be a little smaller next year.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 12:48:41 PM »

Biden says that they will flip at least 3 states per their data.
He also says that the margins in WI, MI, PA will be bigger than Trump's margins in 2016.

Am I looking to much into it or are they not so sure about AZ?

Edit: flip* not win

No you’re not. Arizona is going Trump IMO. Don’t tell that to anyone on here

Biden sealed the deal in Arizona a long time ago, friend.

Stop.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2020, 02:26:57 PM »

There was nothing inappropriate about my post that was deleted in this thread.

If you think the next four years is going to be all rainbows and kittens and kumbayas, you are incredibly naive.

You just watch. These armed confrontations between BLM and the redhats are just the beginning, and all I can say about that is I thank the Lord I don't live in D.C. or any other major city. Because it's going to become very ugly, and very bloody.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 02:46:46 PM »

There was nothing inappropriate about my post that was deleted in this thread.

If you think the next four years is going to be all rainbows and kittens and kumbayas, you are incredibly naive.

You just watch. These armed confrontations between BLM and the redhats are just the beginning, and all I can say about that is I thank the Lord I don't live in D.C. or any other major city. Because it's going to become very ugly, and very bloody.

Depends how the media would cover such conflicts. At the end of the day, we're going to have to focus back on COVID-19 and getting money into people's hands and getting jobs back. Don't let these fringe people dominate the narrative, Far-Left & Far-Right goons do this as some cosplay therapy while you also have opportunists that could care less about what those two factions are fighting about as long as they can loot which then comes to a class issue and wage disparities in this country. It's a big problem that needs to be addressed eventually.

Quote from: Revelation 18:21-24
21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies