COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:12:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 541243 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: December 01, 2021, 10:05:11 PM »

Doesn't it seem strange that these new variants always seem to come just when we are managing the one before it? They don't come all at once, and why is that? Are these things being engineered? And now we are being told by pharmaceutical companies to get boosters. What? We are allowing pharmaceutical companies to run the dialogue?

I believe there is something fishy going on. I'm tired of being a human pin cushion. I think we are being hoodwinked.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 10:42:55 PM »

Doesn't it seem strange that these new variants always seem to come just when we are managing the one before it? They don't come all at once, and why is that? Are these things being engineered? And now we are being told by pharmaceutical companies to get boosters. What? We are allowing pharmaceutical companies to run the dialogue?

I believe there is something fishy going on. I'm tired of being a human pin cushion. I think we are being hoodwinked.

We're not being hoodwinked. It's omicron because we're on O. There have been plenty of variants that didn't get much news coverage. Viruses mutate. There's nothing strange about this at all. If you don't want to get a booster, don't get one I guess. They're free though.

I got a booster. But I am not going to keep getting a booster for each new variant. I am done. I got the jab and the booster and the flu shot. That's enough shots. I still say something is fishy. I am done being a pin cushion.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 02:12:53 PM »

I don't think so. Fauci is a long time stable influence in the country, plus he has a long time stable marriage. I think he is a very stable guy who sticks with his principles. Leave him alone.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 07:34:18 PM »

Once again our Governor Newsom is displaying forward thinking. (I'm starting to think he should run for President.)

California Governor Gavin Newsom broke new ground by announcing Thursday that his state would be the first to treat Covid-19 as an endemic risk. Though the word "endemic" doesn't mean much to most Americans, it marks an important shift in pandemic strategy.

"We are moving past the crisis phase into a phase where we will work to live with this virus,"
This change turns the attention of public policy toward prevention and containment. Rather than lockdowns and mask mandates, the "SMARTER Plan," as Newsom has called it, adopts a philosophy of government flexibility and adaptability. The hope is that Californians can move forward with their lives -- attending school, going to work, enjoying social and civic settings -- but do so while prepared to aggressively tackle new outbreaks of the virus when they occur.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/18/opinions/california-covid-endemic-risk-strategy-future-national-policy-zelizer/index.html
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 09:41:53 PM »

Just for interest, I received the latest booster last week. That makes it my 4th booster. I had no intention of getting another shot, but my roommate and her daughter came down with Covid so I went and got the updated booster. I did not get Covid, or a cold, or anything. I wore a mask in the house and also when I went to the stores, sanitized doorknobs and handles and places in the house where infected people touched. And I washed my hands a lot. The boosters seemed to help me and I am immunocompromised.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies