Official North Carolina Democratic Primary Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:06:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official North Carolina Democratic Primary Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official North Carolina Democratic Primary Discussion Thread  (Read 10275 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« on: May 06, 2008, 07:36:10 AM »

Well I just got done voting! Go Obama! Go Bev! Go Kay!
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »

Well I just got done voting! Go Obama! Go Bev! Go Kay!

I see you finally settled on a candidate.  From your post, it looks as though you were an enthusiastic voter of Obama, am I wrong?

Yea I was, but over the past few weeks, Clinton sounded like Obama, but the main reason I didn't vote for Clinton was because of her Gas Hoilday Plan.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:45:34 AM »

Three of my friends just voted for Hillary!!!!!

I also hope McCrory wins the GOP governor's nomination.

I don't think he will, the republican in NC are dumb and will elected Smith. I would vote for McCrory over Moore, but not over Bev.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 09:51:29 AM »

I don't think he will, the republican in NC are dumb and will elected Smith. I would vote for McCrory over Moore, but not over Bev.

Are you serious? Smith sounds like an idiot when I hear him talk and his debate performances. I thought McCrory has been leading in the polls ever since he entered the primary?

Surely if 70% of Mecklenberg votes for him, he can run up enough margins to hold on in the rural towns that will be strong Smith.

Well the polls have shown them almost tied for a month or so. Also Orr has a big showing in the SE part of the state. If Smith does win it won't be by much. Plus they may have to have an run-off election between Smith and McCrory.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 10:13:37 AM »

Are you serious? Smith sounds like an idiot when I hear him talk and his debate performances. I thought McCrory has been leading in the polls ever since he entered the primary?

Surely if 70% of Mecklenberg votes for him, he can run up enough margins to hold on in the rural towns that will be strong Smith.

Well the polls have shown them almost tied for a month or so. Also Orr has a big showing in the SE part of the state. If Smith does win it won't be by much. Plus they may have to have an run-off election between Smith and McCrory.

If that if no one gets 50%?

Orr?? How can anyone think Smith or Orr has a chance against Purdue or Moore?

I believe so, I'm not sure I'll check. Also I know Smith and Orr don't have a chance against Bev, but I'm not a republican.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 02:14:46 PM »

Yeah, the "buzz" today seems to be that Hillary is going to be absolutely destroyed in NC. We'll see though. I'm not ready to party just yet.

When I went and voted today at 7:30 there where already about 30 people waithing in line.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 02:19:33 PM »

Yeah, the "buzz" today seems to be that Hillary is going to be absolutely destroyed in NC. We'll see though. I'm not ready to party just yet.

When I went and voted today at 7:30 there where already about 30 people waithing in line.

What color were they?

Whites and Blacks.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 02:28:24 PM »

I'm hearing black turnout is huge.

I seen people come in with them I voted stickers on all day, and most of them where Black females.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »

I'm hearing black turnout is huge.

I seen people come in with them I voted stickers on all day, and most of them where Black females.

Good. So who did you vote for anyway Josh?

Obama
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 10:13:49 AM »

This racial divide is absolutely absurd. Obama is winning 92% of the black vote. Imagine if Hillary won 92% of the white vote? There would be day and night segments on CNN and MSNBC about how racist North Carolina was..

Imagine that Hillary Clinton were the first serious white candidate to ever run for President. Imagine that you, as a fifty-year-old white man, grew up being called a "cracker" and refused jobs because of your skin color. Imagine that you suddenly felt that maybe there was some chance that such things wouldn't happen to other white people in the future if only you could get a white person elected President and show the black majority that white people weren't lazy and incompetent criminals.

Then it wouldn't be so racist, would it?

What a crock of sh**t. We'd hear the Obama campaign cry wolf if Hillary won 90% of the white vote.
actually, I'm pretty sure that Jesse Jackson got smashed among whites when he ran... not to mention that dems routinely win about 90%of the black vote in the general.  but in those cases they are voting for white candidates.  Honestly, I don't find blacks voting for obama to be racist at all.

It's not raist at all, like Verily said, they want to have a black president. Also I think Clinton needs to be worried, because you almost didn't get above 60% on the white voters. Also Obama won 17-24 age group 70-29, thats bad, and Obama won the 17-60 age group by 60%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies