AOC thinks crime surge in NYC is due to people who need to shoplift some bread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:57:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AOC thinks crime surge in NYC is due to people who need to shoplift some bread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: AOC thinks crime surge in NYC is due to people who need to shoplift some bread  (Read 5053 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2020, 09:30:30 PM »

Why is a 30 year old novice politician being blamed or mocked for the status quo of violence in the inner cities that has gone on for decades before she was even born?

Maybe if we had more AOC style politicians we wouldn't have the massive inequality that creates gun violence, not just murders but also suicides.

Reasons AOC is being mocked:

1.  She is the product of a wealthy suburb, and not the "inner city".

2.  It is evident to all that the current Marxist Riots are not "bread riots".

I would never vote for AOC, but I do admire her saavy.  I do believe her 2018 primary win stems from an ability to see the incumbent's vulnerability at a time when the incumbent (Rep. Joe Crowley, Democrat-Queens) was an awesome accomplishment.  She's certainly more saavy, politically and legislatively, than the rest of the squad.  Ilhan Omar is a ranting anti-American idiot, while Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley appear to be backbenching mediocrities, but AOC is the one who actually has both audacity and media savvy.  She could well succeed Schumer in the Senate.  This is meant as a compliment.  I would never vote for AOC, but there are a number of Democrats (and even a few Republicans) whose electoral demise I would rather see than AOC's.

I'd disagree with your analysis in these respects. Ayanna Pressley is by far the most skilled of the Squad's members. She is much more establishment-friendly than they are, generates far less controversy, and is more intelligent, in addition to having more substantive political experience, having worked as a congressional staffer and as a member of the Boston City Council. I think she is much more likely than Ocasio-Cortez to enter the Senate one day, almost certainly to succeed Elizabeth Warren. Tlaib, on her part, is certainly not a backbencher, and is almost as well known as Ocasio-Cortez is. She and Omar are tied as being the worst members of the Squad, and I hope that they both lose their primaries.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2020, 09:45:54 PM »

Why is a 30 year old novice politician being blamed or mocked for the status quo of violence in the inner cities that has gone on for decades before she was even born?

Maybe if we had more AOC style politicians we wouldn't have the massive inequality that creates gun violence, not just murders but also suicides.

I would never vote for AOC, but I do admire her saavy.  I do believe her 2018 primary win stems from an ability to see the incumbent's vulnerability at a time when the incumbent (Rep. Joe Crowley, Democrat-Queens) was an awesome accomplishment.  She's certainly more saavy, politically and legislatively, than the rest of the squad.  Ilhan Omar is a ranting anti-American idiot, while Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley appear to be backbenching mediocrities, but AOC is the one who actually has both audacity and media savvy.  She could well succeed Schumer in the Senate.  This is meant as a compliment.  I would never vote for AOC, but there are a number of Democrats (and even a few Republicans) whose electoral demise I would rather see than AOC's.

I'd disagree with your analysis in these respects. Ayanna Pressley is by far the most skilled of the Squad's members. She is much more establishment-friendly than they are, generates far less controversy, and is more intelligent, in addition to having more substantive political experience, having worked as a congressional staffer and as a member of the Boston City Council. I think she is much more likely than Ocasio-Cortez to enter the Senate one day, almost certainly to succeed Elizabeth Warren. Tlaib, on her part, is certainly not a backbencher, and is almost as well known as Ocasio-Cortez is. She and Omar are tied as being the worst members of the Squad, and I hope that they both lose their primaries.

Pressley may be more experienced in the traditional sense, but she's destined to be a backbencher.  She's also not really a member of "The Squad"; she kind of just hangs around them.

AOC is far more of a leader and far more of a self-starter.  She's a real "comer".  She's the kind of self-starter that you don't see every day.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2020, 09:53:30 PM »

Pressley may be more experienced in the traditional sense, but she's destined to be a backbencher.  She's also not really a member of "The Squad"; she kind of just hangs around them.

AOC is far more of a leader and far more of a self-starter.  She's a real "comer".  She's the kind of self-starter that you don't see every day.

I'll agree with you that Ocasio-Cortez is more media-savvy and more ambitious than Pressley is, or Tlaib or Omar for that matter. But I still believe that Pressley is much more intelligent and more substantive than Ocasio-Cortez.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2020, 11:30:04 PM »

What is the purpose of quoting me and ignoring the questions?

What does AOC have to do with inequality and the insane gun violence in America that are the results of polices that have been around literally since before she was born? Nobody has answered this question.

The current unrest in America has everything to do with wealth inequality, racism, people's lack of faith in the justice system and that Americans are sick of different rules for different people. You can't scare people about "Marxist riots" when you have a President who mocks the rule of law and norms  of governing. If you can't see that direct correlation you are blind. When Dr. King said he wanted non-violent peace movement for Civil Rights he was called a Marxist too. Stop with the old racist lines to deny people justice and equality.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2020, 11:50:51 PM »

Centrists and cons are quite rowdy this evening.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2020, 12:07:03 AM »

What does AOC have to do with inequality and the insane gun violence in America that are the results of polices that have been around literally since before she was born? Nobody has answered this question.

The current unrest in America has everything to do with wealth inequality, racism, people's lack of faith in the justice system and that Americans are sick of different rules for different people. You can't scare people about "Marxist riots" when you have a President who mocks the rule of law and norms  of governing. If you can't see that direct correlation you are blind. When Dr. King said he wanted non-violent peace movement for Civil Rights he was called a Marxist too. Stop with the old racist lines to deny people justice and equality.

Of course you can scare people with the spectre of "Marxist Riots", especially when it's true.

What is going on in the streets today is not Dr. King's "non-violent peace movement".  It is a violent Marxist revolt, something people wish to keep the general public from fully recognizing until after the election.  It is a Marxism that is a cure that is worse than all the ills you cite because it will (if fully successful) end individual Constitutional liberties and replace them with the sort of Mob Rule we see now.

Marxist-Leninist movements provide cures that are worse than the disease in every nation they've tried it.  That's what you propose.  What's going on in our streets today is nothing that Dr. King ever signed off on during his lifetime.  And no one in the SCLC ever described themselves as "trained Marxists" as Patrice Cullors, co-founder of BLM, has done.

I won't stop.  And if you say that BLM isn't a Marxist organization, you are either deceived or deceiving.  Their leaders have gone on record.  Their tactics are straight out of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.  There's no middle ground here.

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2020, 02:41:22 AM »

OSR and Fuzzy, she’s never gonna sleep with you so let go of your obsession with her.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2020, 04:19:00 AM »

I would never vote for AOC, but I do admire her saavy.  I do believe her 2018 primary win stems from an ability to see the incumbent's vulnerability at a time when the incumbent (Rep. Joe Crowley, Democrat-Queens) was an awesome accomplishment.  She's certainly more saavy, politically and legislatively, than the rest of the squad.  Ilhan Omar is a ranting anti-American idiot, while Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley appear to be backbenching mediocrities, but AOC is the one who actually has both audacity and media savvy.  She could well succeed Schumer in the Senate.  This is meant as a compliment.  I would never vote for AOC, but there are a number of Democrats (and even a few Republicans) whose electoral demise I would rather see than AOC's.

Pressley is Warren. AOC is Sanders. Sanders>Warren. AOC is the face of the squad for a reason. She's the real grassroots.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2020, 04:21:51 AM »

I would never vote for AOC, but I do admire her saavy.  I do believe her 2018 primary win stems from an ability to see the incumbent's vulnerability at a time when the incumbent (Rep. Joe Crowley, Democrat-Queens) was an awesome accomplishment.  She's certainly more saavy, politically and legislatively, than the rest of the squad.  Ilhan Omar is a ranting anti-American idiot, while Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley appear to be backbenching mediocrities, but AOC is the one who actually has both audacity and media savvy.  She could well succeed Schumer in the Senate.  This is meant as a compliment.  I would never vote for AOC, but there are a number of Democrats (and even a few Republicans) whose electoral demise I would rather see than AOC's.

The current unrest in America has everything to do with wealth inequality, racism, people's lack of faith in the justice system and that Americans are sick of different rules for different people. You can't scare people about "Marxist riots" when you have a President who mocks the rule of law and norms  of governing. If you can't see that direct correlation you are blind. When Dr. King said he wanted non-violent peace movement for Civil Rights he was called a Marxist too. Stop with the old racist lines to deny people justice and equality.

If that's the case, why did white liberals wait so long to riot for police brutality if the current unrest is actually because of racism? If you still believe in the myth that there's some racial awareness on the left from privileged white suburbanites, then please, explain to me why it took them so long to finally riot

I'm honestly tired of this insane nonsense coming from the left. It's sickening. The left continues to operate from a veil of ignorance when it comes to inner cities. Gang violence didn't rise in inner cities because of "racism" or inequality. Those kids dying in the anarchy zones or from walking the street did not occur because of poverty. It occurred because of hatred and terrorism promoted by the mindset that the U.S. is a terrible place, our values are trash, and this country needs a redo.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2020, 04:42:30 AM »

I'm honestly tired of this insane nonsense coming from the left. It's sickening. The left continues to operate from a veil of ignorance when it comes to inner cities. Gang violence didn't rise in inner cities because of "racism" or inequality. Those kids dying in the anarchy zones or from walking the street did not occur because of poverty. It occurred because of hatred and terrorism promoted by the mindset that the U.S. is a terrible place, our values are trash, and this country needs a redo.

Learn about the history of why gangs (particularly the Crips) started forming in the first place and maybe that'll alter your perspective a little.

Hint: It is because police departments and the FBI (specifically, J. Edgar Hoover’s COINTELPRO) went after the black community, in large part to stop the rise of any more MLKs, Huey P. Newtons, or Malcolm Xs during the height of the civil rights movement.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2020, 06:38:12 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2020, 06:42:41 AM by Free Sanchez »

Learn about the history of why gangs (particularly the Crips) started forming in the first place and maybe that'll alter your perspective a little.

Hint: It is because police departments and the FBI (specifically, J. Edgar Hoover’s COINTELPRO) went after the black community, in large part to stop the rise of any more MLKs, Huey P. Newtons, or Malcolm Xs during the height of the civil rights movement.

Lol...

I wanted to ignore this, but I can't help myself. I'm well aware of the history of gang-banging. I have friends that are gang members and are former gang members. I'm also well aware of the fact that the original gangs didnt kill kids. You are trying to make this bigger than what it is. I didnt say gang violence didnt emerge from bad conditions in inner cities. I said the recent events that are happening are not because of poverty and because these gangs have no choice. It's an insane suggestion and honestly more proof the left is completely oblivious to conditions in inner cities.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2020, 11:36:47 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2020, 11:56:04 AM by GP270watch »

Where are the guns coming from?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2020, 08:00:10 PM »

Lol...

I wanted to ignore this, but I can't help myself. I'm well aware of the history of gang-banging. I have friends that are gang members and are former gang members. I'm also well aware of the fact that the original gangs didnt kill kids. You are trying to make this bigger than what it is. I didnt say gang violence didnt emerge from bad conditions in inner cities. I said the recent events that are happening are not because of poverty and because these gangs have no choice. It's an insane suggestion and honestly more proof the left is completely oblivious to conditions in inner cities.

You specifically said that gang violence didn't rise in the inner cities because of poverty or racism.  That is demonstrably false.

And I live in the inner city.  I am acutely aware of the problems that they have.  Two people who lived on my block were killed in the last year.  On the street corner adjacent to mine is a memorial to a victim of a drive-by shooting.  But the reason we have "anarchy" in some parts of this country is that the relationship between the police and the black community has never been good.  And that is what allowed bad actors to form gangs which were originally intended to protect people that the police had antagonized.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2020, 08:03:16 PM »

It's really creepy how some right-wingers are so obsessed with this woman. I didn't realize how crazy this obsession was until there were right-wingers stalking her boyfriend online.
They can't handle being told what to do by a woman, a young person, or a minority. AOC ticks all 3 boxes, and it drives them insane.

Actually we hate anti American commies
And apparently you like throwing around words without knowing what they mean
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2020, 08:12:58 PM »

*a literal racist who wanted to restrict immigration on racial grounds* vs *Someone who wants to improve the environment and help poor people*
GeneralMacArthur: “I can’t tell the difference”
GeneralMacArthur is the literal embodiment of horseshoe centrism
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2020, 09:10:47 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man... I laughed out loud in public and got stares from people. Oh, man. That's a good one. I'm so glad you're back.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2020, 02:53:47 AM »

This is why you don't elect a bartender to congress.
Really living up your "elitist" label I see
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2020, 06:44:40 AM »

Lol...

You specifically said that gang violence didn't rise in the inner cities because of poverty or racism.  That is demonstrably false.

And I live in the inner city.  I am acutely aware of the problems that they have.  Two people who lived on my block were killed in the last year.  On the street corner adjacent to mine is a memorial to a victim of a drive-by shooting.  But the reason we have "anarchy" in some parts of this country is that the relationship between the police and the black community has never been good.  And that is what allowed bad actors to form gangs which were originally intended to protect people that the police had antagonized.

I made it very clear I was referring to the recent spike in crime. Stop it.

No you aren't which is why you keep bring up sht outside the recent spike. Anarchy didnt emerge because of police brutality. The overwhelming number of anarchists outside are white. Those people dont give sht about racism or police brutality. The cops were condemned and left inner cites vulnerable, resulting in more violence. So no, this isn't about poverty. No, this isn't about race. It's a bunch of privileged kids taking advantage of a situation to further their own agenda which is to bring  the country down
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2020, 07:06:40 AM »

Fair chance NYC posts geocoded crime incidents and we can test this empirically.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2020, 12:22:39 PM »

Lol...

No you aren't which is why you keep bring up sht outside the recent spike. Anarchy didnt emerge because of police brutality. The overwhelming number of anarchists outside are white. Those people dont give sht about racism or police brutality. The cops were condemned and left inner cites vulnerable, resulting in more violence. So no, this isn't about poverty. No, this isn't about race. It's a bunch of privileged kids taking advantage of a situation to further their own agenda which is to bring  the country down

There has been no significant spike in crime.  You are living in the safest period of the history of this country in a generation.  Your country is not being brought down by anyone, but I'm sure the government appreciates your willingness to spread their propaganda around for free.

Don't you f#cking tell me what I do and do not know.  Take a walk over to my hood one day, boy.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2020, 01:02:51 PM »

Lol...

There has been no significant spike in crime.  You are living in the safest period of the history of this country in a generation.  Your country is not being brought down by anyone, but I'm sure the government appreciates your willingness to spread their propaganda around for free.

Don't you f#cking tell me what I do and do not know.  Take a walk over to my hood one day, boy.

Man said here hasn't been a significant spike in crime. You are either sheltered as hell or a compulsive liar.

Bro you live in Oklahoma. I live in Houston. Stop it

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2020, 01:08:15 PM »

He lives in Virginia, deadprez.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2020, 01:15:26 PM »

Even worse.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2020, 01:20:25 PM »

Lol...

Man said here hasn't been a significant spike in crime. You are either sheltered as hell or a compulsive liar.

I'm in Norfolk, dip.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/

holla at me when you're walking home from work naked as a jaybird cuz your clothes were jacked BEEOTCH
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2020, 01:58:59 PM »

Lol...

I'm in Norfolk, dip.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/

holla at me when you're walking home from work naked as a jaybird cuz your clothes were jacked BEEOTCH

I like how you are in a thread disputing AOC's acknowledgement of higher crime. Literal insanity. Carry on chief
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies