Loudest applause line at CPAC: “Democrats are not Americans but the enemy”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:45:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Loudest applause line at CPAC: “Democrats are not Americans but the enemy”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Loudest applause line at CPAC: “Democrats are not Americans but the enemy”  (Read 4661 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2019, 12:12:46 AM »

"Not colluding with Russia and not wanting to sell our democracy down the river for corruption and fascism is for pu$$y libtard cucks!"
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2019, 12:52:27 AM »

They hate the guy on our $20 bill, they hate the police, they hate borders, they hate the pledge of allegiance, they hate our gun laws, they hate the national anthem, they hate religion (unless it's something muslim or controversial) they hate our electoral college, they hate our President, they hate many of our Supreme Court justices, they hate big gulp sodas, normal bathrooms, even freaking Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

The list goes on and on. The only thing the left likes about America is the right they have in America to speak about what they hate about America.

I unapologetically love America. So does Trump. Unlike Obama, he can say it without adding a "but". There are no buts. If you don't like it, leave. Please. Leave.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2019, 12:58:41 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2019, 01:07:30 AM by Devout Centrist »

I unapologetically love America. So does Trump. Unlike Obama, he can say it without adding a "but". There are no buts. If you don't like it, leave. Please. Leave.
Mike, have you ever considered that there is such a thing as constructive criticism? Do you think our nation has any problems beyond a guy with an afro disrupting your football game?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2019, 01:01:28 AM »

They hate the guy on our $20 bill, they hate the police, they hate borders, they hate the pledge of allegiance, they hate our gun laws, they hate the national anthem, they hate religion (unless it's something muslim or controversial) they hate our electoral college, they hate our President, they hate many of our Supreme Court justices, they hate big gulp sodas, normal bathrooms, even freaking Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

The list goes on and on. The only thing the left likes about America is the right they have in America to speak about what they hate about America.

I think the bolded part is the most delusional thing in the whole post.

Also, if everyone who dislikes Trump moved away from America, what's left of the USA would rapidly devolve into a "sh**thole country" within a decade or less.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2019, 01:31:28 AM »

This post is indicitive of two major problems with trumpists... you don't understand that not everything is black and white and simplified (unless it suits you), and you don't understand that many Republican or Trump criticisms are not partisan (liberal / conservative "teams") in nature (unless it suits you). Let me expand on some of your claims in a nuanced, reality-based way...

We hate that the guy on the $20 bill waged a holocaust-like internment and genocide of indigineous Americans and we don't want to celerate that.

We love the police but we hate that minorities, especially black people, are treated differently sometimes, especially in life or death situations. There is nothing in the law or police handbook that says cops should treat minorities any different than white people.

We hate when people "must" respect the pledge of allegiance (and national anthem) in ALL contexts, EXACTLY the way that we are told we "must", even when we may have good reason to invoke our First Amendment rights to act differently while still not being unnecessarily disrespecful.

We hate that our gun laws are causing mass death and are going way above a beyond our Second Amendment rights to allow mentally ill people to purchase AR-15 military assault rifles at gun shows without background checks and then use them to murder our children.

We hate it when religion is forced into places it shouldn't be in, OR when christianity is given special privledges in a nation that is supposed to ALWAYS treat every religion equally.

We hate the electoral college because it's a system that we don't like that ALSO is not build into our constitution or declaration of independance or any major American legal / historical framework. It is perfectly patriotic and valid to challenge it and want an alternative system.

We hate our president because he's an immoral corrupt liar who doesn't take his job seriously, screws up constantly when he does attempt to take it seriously, doesn't belive in non-fascist democracy or American values, and is likely a bought and paid for Russian puppet (traitor).

We hate Supreme Court justices that want to move backwards on abortion and LGBTQ rights, despite the majority of the American population (over 50%) wanting to keep movng forwards. We hate Kavanaugh because he isn't the right man for the job, regardless of his politics.

We hate big gulp sodas because they're terrible for our health and our children's health. They should be legal to buy (obviously) but they shouldn't be readily available for children inside of schools.

We hate men with beards and penises who used to be women 20 years ago being forced to pee in women's bathrooms alongside women and little girls, regardless of what makes the trans man OR the women in that bathroom comfortable.

We... don't hate Rudolph to my knowledge. At least, I haven't seen any compelling reasons to hate Rudolph as of yet. I'm pretty damn skeptical to the whole idea, but will aa always remain open-minded.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2019, 02:10:58 AM »

You don't love America at all. You love people who are just like you, which, news flash, is nowhere near the definition of America. Your awfulness is painful.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2019, 02:12:10 AM »

The feeling is mutual.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2019, 02:17:08 AM »

It's depressing that so many posters seriously respond to Sanchez and Naso's blatant trolling.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2019, 04:21:08 AM »

It's depressing that so many posters seriously respond to Sanchez and Naso's blatant trolling.

Sanchez trolls more than Naso.
But they both definitely have some white-nationalistic (bigoted) blood running through their veins.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2019, 06:48:27 AM »

Mike, have you ever considered that there is such a thing as constructive criticism? Do you think our nation has any problems beyond a guy with an afro disrupting your football game?

There is something to be said for what Mike has said here.  There is such a thing as constructive criticism, but criticism that is unaccompanied by love is rarely constructive.

It is hard for me to believe that political figures love America when all they talk about is how racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. America is.  Or how imperialistic it is.  It is hard for me to believe that the NFL "Kneelers" love America; they may love their communities and the folks that live there, but that is a very different concept from loving America and believing it to be not just a "great" nation, but a GOOD nation as well.  Why it is not OK to hate Berkeley and East Los Angeles but OK to hate Chadron, NE and Findlay, OH and other places in Middle America (and the people that live there) is a riddle I haven't solved yet.

I do not believe that people who never acknowledge that America is a GOOD nation love America.  That does not mean that America is perfect.  My wife recognizes I am far from perfect and will tell me so when it is needed, but she isn't one of those folks that have nothing but negative about their spouses.  Many of you know such people and would doubt that they still love their spouses, so why would I not wonder about the love for America of people who do nothing but criticize it and describe it in a negative light?

Now I'm not a big fan of the other extreme.  I'm not a fan of those who go around telling people how Veterans fought for their freedom while demanding that they just shut up on a controversial issue.  Those people don't appreciate liberty, and the right of people (A) to speak their mind and (B) to not speak what is not their mind.  But I'm not convinced that any number of liberals love America.  My dislike of uber-patriotism on the right is balanced by my recognition of the lack of love for the American Nation on too much of the left.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2019, 09:46:39 AM »

Hopefully they start saying this at the NRA, too.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2019, 10:00:59 AM »

"Better a Russian than a Democrat"

Nuff said.
Starpaul20
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -5.22

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2019, 11:52:21 AM »

I find it funny that these people defend the Confederacy, fly the Confederate flag, defend traitors who left this county then waged war on it, probably glee for a chance to secede today and have no problems with Russia meddling in our elections are the "patriots" and the side that opposes that are the enemies. Got it.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2019, 12:04:03 PM »

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2019, 12:22:34 PM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2019, 12:42:42 PM »

Oh, you're all just overreacting. You snowflakes! They're just words. It's not like this kind of rhetoric inspired numerous would-be domestic terrorists who plan to assassinate Democrats and other perceived enemies of their worldview. Hahaha, that would be ridiculous!

plus the environazis are the real terrorists for wanting Joe Redblooded to maybe consider cutting back his red meat intake from its current level of at least one helping every f**king meal Sad Sad Sad that's not what America is about Sad Sad Sad

Also, c'mon, Sanchez, you and I both know you can be better than this.
They want to eliminate cattle or at least reduce red meat consumption per capita by 90%.  Stop lying about what these people aim to do.  You're better than that.

Perhaps only the "brave" ones will say it... but yes, there are powerful interests at work with tendrils in lots of policy making areas that want to take your hamburger away. 

I'm not lying. I just don't see dramatically reducing red meat consumption as anywhere near as terrible as a few more decades of unrestrained environmental degradation (sane but obviously abnormal).
Okay.  So first it was ‘it wouldn’t kill you to give up a little bit of your daily red meat consumption”, now it’s an either/or of dramatic reduction or unrestrained environmental degradation...

One counter-argument:  there are vast tracts of this earth that support grasslands that benefit from grazing.  But they do not support edible crops.  The cattle or herd animals turn those inedible grasses into edible milk and meat that is packed with vital nutrients.

In fact, experiments in the Sahel have shown amazing restoration of almost completely degraded grassland when they were purposefully grazed by herd animals.

But the western model of land ownership and the insistence that growing grain crops was the best way led to degradation of the land to the point of worthlessness.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2019, 02:08:19 PM »

Oh, you're all just overreacting. You snowflakes! They're just words. It's not like this kind of rhetoric inspired numerous would-be domestic terrorists who plan to assassinate Democrats and other perceived enemies of their worldview. Hahaha, that would be ridiculous!

plus the environazis are the real terrorists for wanting Joe Redblooded to maybe consider cutting back his red meat intake from its current level of at least one helping every f**king meal Sad Sad Sad that's not what America is about Sad Sad Sad

Also, c'mon, Sanchez, you and I both know you can be better than this.
They want to eliminate cattle or at least reduce red meat consumption per capita by 90%.  Stop lying about what these people aim to do.  You're better than that.

Perhaps only the "brave" ones will say it... but yes, there are powerful interests at work with tendrils in lots of policy making areas that want to take your hamburger away. 

I'm not lying. I just don't see dramatically reducing red meat consumption as anywhere near as terrible as a few more decades of unrestrained environmental degradation (sane but obviously abnormal).
Okay.  So first it was ‘it wouldn’t kill you to give up a little bit of your daily red meat consumption”, now it’s an either/or of dramatic reduction or unrestrained environmental degradation...

I don't see this as a straight-up either-or. I just don't think people who do are invidious America-hating commienazis. I know it looks like I was moving the goalposts; that wasn't intentional, but I do apologize for it.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2019, 02:21:39 PM »

Did anybody at CPAC mention George W. Bush? You know the guy who was the Republican President of The United States of America for 8 years. The guy who conservatives defending tooth and nail, for every policy and mistake, no matter how wrong it was?

Was he spoken about. Do they remember him?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »

LMFAO

As soon as I saw the username "Reaganfan" in this thread I knew it would be a goodie. He never disappoints.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2019, 04:39:51 PM »

Naso certainly does a lot of complaining about the United States for someone who purports to love them unconditionally. In fact, I'm not sure that I could name any poster who is more negative about this country. He doesn't like most of the people here, how they live, or what they believe. Why doesn't he leave?
This is absolutely right.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2019, 05:07:56 PM »

At least the Republicans are being honest about their rabid hatred of the left

Not honest, shameless.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2019, 05:23:07 PM »

You guys want to destroy our culture, surrender our national sovereignty, and destroy every western tradition, and take our guns while at the same time looking down your noses at these people with nothing but contempt.

So yeah, you are the enemy.

Trump has done more to subvert the 2nd amendment than Obama.

Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2019, 05:37:23 PM »

It's really not worth my time to respond to this lunacy, but let me just debunk/explain a few of the incomprehensible talking points you've used here.

1). the guy on our $20 bill was an absolute sociopath who dueled to the death and massacred Native people. secondly, it's odd how you would love a racist Democrat 🤔

2). This is just a strawman, not really much to debate here. I could just as easily say Republicans hate all teachers because they critizice them so often. with that said, criticizing police brutality and cops acting like action heroes who think they're above the law does not = hating police. the number of Democrats/leftists who actually hate police is almost certainly smaller than the number of Republicans who actually hate minorities solely for existing.

3). Again, a strawman that has no basis in reality. the bipartisan 2013 immigration bill would have secured the border and nearly all Democrats in Congress supported it, but of course those on the fringes of the GOP killed it because muh amnesty or something. so to recap on borders; we had a chance to secure the border, Republicans killed it. sit down and shut up.

4). I personally would not pledge allegiance to any country, but to say that the average Democrat shares this view point is yet again another strawman that's devoid of any factual basis. what most Democrats and progressives believe is that no one, particularly children, should be forced to say the pledge of allegiance. the United States is not a personality cult like North Korea - you don't have to tirelessly take an oath saying how much you love this country.

5). This is possibly my favorite part of your rant thus far. there are countless laws that Republicans "hate". look at how Republicans argue against our current abortion or immigration laws, and notice that they claim these laws are leading to death or disaster or whatever scare words they use. Democrats share the same view, and for good reason, on lax gun laws.

6). Every NFL player who kneeled has explicitly said they were not protesting the national anthem or America itself, but only police brutality and institutional racism - two very serious issues that must be addressed. you'll note that right-wingers had no problem with Tim Tebow kneeling during the national anthem in prayer... I wonder why.

7). The absolute base of the Democratic Party (women of color) are extremely religious, more so than most white Republicans. further more, the vast majority of elected Democrats are Christians or belong to some branch of Christianity. calling other religions weird and showing your Islamaphobia here is also a cute little side note. if you truly love this country, you would believe in freedom of - and freedom from - religion.

Cool. They believe the electoral college is unfair  and/or outdated, and so did Donald Trump when he falsely claimed that Romney had won the PV and lost the EC in 2012 - what exactly does this have to do with the left's alleged hatred of America, again?

9). Again, are you under the impression that we live in North Korea? the fact that we have the right to hate our President is part of why America is a good country. also, Republicans hated Obama just as much as Democrats hated Trump so I'm unsure where you're even going with this one. most Democrats hate Trump because they believe his policies are wrong and are harming this country - that's the definition of patriotism.

10). Republicans also hate many of our Supreme Court justices. similarly to your last point, this one also makes no sense considering the exact same is true of Republicans.

11). Wanting to tax unhealthy things isn't something I agree with, but it's also far from being un-American or unpatriotic. people support this because they want Americans to be healthier, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that even though I disagree with this specific policy.

12). trans people have a right to use the bathroom of their choice, and the scare tactic/BS conspiracy theory that predators will use this and claim to be trans so they can assault women or little girls or something is totally invented by the right - like the idea of their being widespread voter fraud or a crisis on our Southern border. you're more likely to be raped by Roy Moore or Dennis Hastert than a sicko pretending to be trans so he can molest children.

13). A tiny, tiny, group of leftists (morons, to be more accurate) said that about Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. again, this is an extremely fringe view so bringing it up as an example of why liberals hate America is like me saying Republicans hate America because they want to make it illegal to criticize the President.

And finally, I'll respond to your last statement here.

No prominent Democrats or liberals hate this country, they hate the injustices and issues that exist in this country and want to fix them. wanting to make this country better does not in any way imply it's not already great - unlike a certain slogan used by our current President. and I'd add that you have a history of racist and anti-Semitic comments, so I would find it really hard to say you love this country unconditionally when you seem to hate anyone who isn't exactly like you. America is not defined by race or religion or ethnicity or sexuality or any of those things, it's defined by a shared goal and a shared belief in our ideals. blindly accepting everything that goes on in this country in the name of patriotism is in fact the opposite of patriotism. true patriotism is not being afraid to criticize your country when she goes wrong, and working to make it a better place for all it's inhabitants. I love this country, I love the wide diversity of people you can find here - people of all different backgrounds, races, and creeds all coming together is fundamentally what America is about. our country has many flaws, but these can be overcome. I believe America is an exceptional country, and her people are among the best in the World. I do not like Donald Trump. I do not like the Republicans and what they want to do to this country - but I do love this country. I love it's people, I love it's ideals. I believe that our best days are ahead of us, and America will be even greater once our long national nightmare is over. I don't hate this country just because I hate the current Government, and I hope Republicans won't either once it becomes majority-minority, or once candidates they don't like win elections. we can disagree on policy, but we can all agree that this country is all we have, and we should make the best of it. we should embrace and love our fellow Americans, and we should put our differences aside and embrace the common goal of making sure this country lives up to what the founders intended.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2019, 06:08:37 PM »

It's really not worth my time to respond to this lunacy, but let me just debunk/explain a few of the incomprehensible talking points you've used here.

1). the guy on our $20 bill was an absolute sociopath who dueled to the death and massacred Native people. secondly, it's odd how you would love a racist Democrat 🤔

2). This is just a strawman, not really much to debate here. I could just as easily say Republicans hate all teachers because they critizice them so often. with that said, criticizing police brutality and cops acting like action heroes who think they're above the law does not = hating police. the number of Democrats/leftists who actually hate police is almost certainly smaller than the number of Republicans who actually hate minorities solely for existing.

3). Again, a strawman that has no basis in reality. the bipartisan 2013 immigration bill would have secured the border and nearly all Democrats in Congress supported it, but of course those on the fringes of the GOP killed it because muh amnesty or something. so to recap on borders; we had a chance to secure the border, Republicans killed it. sit down and shut up.

4). I personally would not pledge allegiance to any country, but to say that the average Democrat shares this view point is yet again another strawman that's devoid of any factual basis. what most Democrats and progressives believe is that no one, particularly children, should be forced to say the pledge of allegiance. the United States is not a personality cult like North Korea - you don't have to tirelessly take an oath saying how much you love this country.

5). This is possibly my favorite part of your rant thus far. there are countless laws that Republicans "hate". look at how Republicans argue against our current abortion or immigration laws, and notice that they claim these laws are leading to death or disaster or whatever scare words they use. Democrats share the same view, and for good reason, on lax gun laws.

6). Every NFL player who kneeled has explicitly said they were not protesting the national anthem or America itself, but only police brutality and institutional racism - two very serious issues that must be addressed. you'll note that right-wingers had no problem with Tim Tebow kneeling during the national anthem in prayer... I wonder why.

7). The absolute base of the Democratic Party (women of color) are extremely religious, more so than most white Republicans. further more, the vast majority of elected Democrats are Christians or belong to some branch of Christianity. calling other religions weird and showing your Islamaphobia here is also a cute little side note. if you truly love this country, you would believe in freedom of - and freedom from - religion.

Cool. They believe the electoral college is unfair  and/or outdated, and so did Donald Trump when he falsely claimed that Romney had won the PV and lost the EC in 2012 - what exactly does this have to do with the left's alleged hatred of America, again?

9). Again, are you under the impression that we live in North Korea? the fact that we have the right to hate our President is part of why America is a good country. also, Republicans hated Obama just as much as Democrats hated Trump so I'm unsure where you're even going with this one. most Democrats hate Trump because they believe his policies are wrong and are harming this country - that's the definition of patriotism.

10). Republicans also hate many of our Supreme Court justices. similarly to your last point, this one also makes no sense considering the exact same is true of Republicans.

11). Wanting to tax unhealthy things isn't something I agree with, but it's also far from being un-American or unpatriotic. people support this because they want Americans to be healthier, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that even though I disagree with this specific policy.

12). trans people have a right to use the bathroom of their choice, and the scare tactic/BS conspiracy theory that predators will use this and claim to be trans so they can assault women or little girls or something is totally invented by the right - like the idea of their being widespread voter fraud or a crisis on our Southern border. you're more likely to be raped by Roy Moore or Dennis Hastert than a sicko pretending to be trans so he can molest children.

13). A tiny, tiny, group of leftists (morons, to be more accurate) said that about Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. again, this is an extremely fringe view so bringing it up as an example of why liberals hate America is like me saying Republicans hate America because they want to make it illegal to criticize the President.

And finally, I'll respond to your last statement here.

No prominent Democrats or liberals hate this country, they hate the injustices and issues that exist in this country and want to fix them. wanting to make this country better does not in any way imply it's not already great - unlike a certain slogan used by our current President. and I'd add that you have a history of racist and anti-Semitic comments, so I would find it really hard to say you love this country unconditionally when you seem to hate anyone who isn't exactly like you. America is not defined by race or religion or ethnicity or sexuality or any of those things, it's defined by a shared goal and a shared belief in our ideals. blindly accepting everything that goes on in this country in the name of patriotism is in fact the opposite of patriotism. true patriotism is not being afraid to criticize your country when she goes wrong, and working to make it a better place for all it's inhabitants. I love this country, I love the wide diversity of people you can find here - people of all different backgrounds, races, and creeds all coming together is fundamentally what America is about. our country has many flaws, but these can be overcome. I believe America is an exceptional country, and her people are among the best in the World. I do not like Donald Trump. I do not like the Republicans and what they want to do to this country - but I do love this country. I love it's people, I love it's ideals. I believe that our best days are ahead of us, and America will be even greater once our long national nightmare is over. I don't hate this country just because I hate the current Government, and I hope Republicans won't either once it becomes majority-minority, or once candidates they don't like win elections. we can disagree on policy, but we can all agree that this country is all we have, and we should make the best of it. we should embrace and love our fellow Americans, and we should put our differences aside and embrace the common goal of making sure this country lives up to what the founders intended.
Standing ovation!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2019, 08:33:12 PM »

Naso certainly does a lot of complaining about the United States for someone who purports to love them unconditionally. In fact, I'm not sure that I could name any poster who is more negative about this country. He doesn't like most of the people here, how they live, or what they believe. Why doesn't he leave?

Naso complains about persons who are incapable of stating unqualified love for America.  People who can't say "I love America!" and leave it at that.  People who cannot unequivocally state that America is a GOOD Nation. 

Can YOU say "America is a GOOD Nation!" unequivocally?  Without any add-ons?  Just leaving it at that?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies