Justice Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing *DISCUSSION AND LIVE COMMENTARY* (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:01:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Justice Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing *DISCUSSION AND LIVE COMMENTARY* (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Justice Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing *DISCUSSION AND LIVE COMMENTARY*  (Read 100890 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« on: September 21, 2018, 08:51:50 AM »

I was wondering how long Trump can keep his trap shut.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Friday said that Brett Kavanaugh will be on the Supreme Court "in the very near future" even as President Trump's nominee faces a sexual assault allegation.  

"You've watched the fight, you've watched the tactics, but here's what I want to tell you: In the very near future Judge Kavanaugh will be on the United States Supreme Court," McConnell said while speaking at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C.

He added that Trump has "nominated a stunningly successful individual" and told conservatives not to get "rattled" because Senate Republicans are going to "plow right through it."

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407761-mcconnell-kavanaugh-will-be-on-supreme-court-in-very-near-future
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 08:18:01 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2018, 08:21:59 PM by pppolitics »

How come Dean Heller is not undecided?

Shouldn't he be pretending that he's a moderate right now?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 11:07:48 PM »

Look at what I found:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FFFFFFFourth%20of%20July
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »

If McConnell don't have the votes, would he still put the nomination to the floor anyway?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »

The lawyer Michael Avenatti on Wednesday identified another accuser of Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh, Washington resident Julie Swetnick.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/26/michael-avenatti-identifies-kavanaugh-accuser-as-julie-swetnick.html
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 10:48:37 AM »

I still believe that Republicans will find a way to confirm Kavanaugh.

I think this new affidavit makes the stakes much more serious for Kavanaugh. At this point, losing a SC seat is not his biggest potential loss. His reputation is shredded and his existing court seat and possibly freedom are at risk. He needs to seriously consider getting himself out of the news.
It's that serious?

It has now been alleged that he is involved in gang rapes, so yes.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 01:30:28 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2018, 01:43:54 PM by pppolitics »

Does seem kind of weird to me at least that a woman would keep going to such parties.

I know this is now the de facto line of defense after this morning's affidavit, but it's completely ignorant as to how youth parties work even in the 2010s. Did none of you attend a frat party in college?

I went to a sh**t tons of them last year.

My University is pretty infamous for parties.

I hope nobody I know at my University goes on to become Supreme Court justice because I don't really want to be called on to testify as a witness.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 04:11:54 PM »

Does seem kind of weird to me at least that a woman would keep going to such parties.

I know this is now the de facto line of defense after this morning's affidavit, but it's completely ignorant as to how youth parties work even in the 2010s. Did none of you attend a frat party in college?

No, and if gang rapes are normal at such events and even the women treat it nonchalantly I'm even more glad I didn't.

I'm honestly pretty concerned that if gang rapes were common at the frat parties IndustrialJustice attended, why didn't he report them?
The police wouldn't care. This kind of conduct is probably seen as too accepted, for lack of a better word, to have anything done about it. The police are awful about sexual assault. You'd be amazed what some people don't talk about.

And I think industrial should get a chance to clarify what he said

There's nothing to clarify. They're trolling. Date rape drugs are rampant on college campuses, and they're concentrated in Greek life. You can bust a few members a year or, if the administration is lucky, even ban a frat, but they'll just pop up again like fresh grass (often thanks to old money). I never stepped foot in one of those dungeons again after my first month on campus.

As someone who was actually in a sorority in college, and attended many frat parties on my campus and when visiting other schools, I can guarantee I've never been to a single party or even heard of a single party where gang rapes were happening, or even where date rape drugs were commonly used aside from the one or two scummy people who were kicked out as soon as they were caught. And considering there are several posters on this forum who were involved in Greek life while in college, it's pretty disgusting that you're making the assumption that it's common for frat boys to use date rape drugs or engage in gang rape.

Well, as someone who is going to college right now, I know that some people were expelled for gang rape.

Obviously, the official reason wasn't "gang rape", but everyone knows why they were really expelled.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 08:15:21 PM »

This is...not convincing, to say the least:

To be fair, Avenatti's assumption of what it meant wasn't based in any facts related to the group of friends who referenced it, nor was it very convincing.

The senators are a bunch of old geezers and that's why they don't know what the 7 f's means.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies